PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 11

Alucard
06-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Basically as I expected, they are AIMING for a Q1 2004 release. Though I say it'll be out in april. By then I'll be whoring myself out on Everquest2 and Lineage 2 later. Still some good info to read up on it if you're interested. Square, you suck for taking so long in releasing this.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Drunken Savior
06-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
Square, you suck for taking so long in releasing this.

Agreed. Prepare for lackluster sales when your online games goes against the online game.

Renegade X
06-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Basically as I expected, they are AIMING for a Q1 2004 release. Though I say it'll be out in april. By then I'll be whoring myself out on Everquest2 and Lineage 2 later. Still some good info to read up on it if you're interested. Square, you suck for taking so long in releasing this.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

I doubt we'll see Everquest 2 anytime before June of next year Alucard.... I mean SoE is just NOW finishing up SWG and I don't even think EQ2 has started first stage beta testing... has it? Anyways... I doubt it will take that long for FFXI to come out, because if it does, Square deserves to have their asses taken over by Enix because lately Square has been producing some big time stinkers of games.

MoMo
06-18-2003, 07:15 PM
How do yall play these MMORPG's and PC games and have time to beat Console games!? Isnt that just too much?

Alucard
06-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Well...when you play an MMORPG, basically thats all you're playing for a couple months. It saps away every moment of your spare time. Too addictive.

I'm fairly sure EQ2 will come out before FF11. Even though they're working on SWG, they've had to cut out alot of features before launch. And you know that they've definately been working on EQ2 for a while now. Beta testing wont go as long since they're already used fantasy MMORPGs. They should know what they're doing. Ofcourse I could be giving them too much credit and they're totally useless.

Though what really confuses me is that FF11 has been out for a year now, I think, and still they somehow feel the need to have a 7-10month beta test for the American server. Thats a LITTLE over the top if you ask me. The beta test for the asian Shadowbane was only a few months. Square, hang your heads in shame for being absolutely useless.

Nindalf
06-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Ultima Online rules. Hurhur!
Best MMORPG ever.

Renegade X
06-19-2003, 12:57 AM
I'm fairly sure EQ2 will come out before FF11. Even though they're working on SWG, they've had to cut out alot of features before launch. And you know that they've definately been working on EQ2 for a while now. Beta testing wont go as long since they're already used fantasy MMORPGs. They should know what they're doing. Ofcourse I could be giving them too much credit and they're totally useless.

I'd agree except that one their working with a totally new way to play everquest... I remember reading their going to a more skills based kind of game... I think your giving them too much credit, as well as underestimating the time it takes to create a totally new MMORPG... they still have to work out bug (you'd be amazed at how many bug fixes there have been to SWG, and these are from the guys that worked on EQ mind you) and balance issues. Personally I hope the EQ2 take at least 4 months of beta testing before they release the game... too many MMOs nowadays are being released AS beta quality games (Anarchy Online) and then later on becoming really good games. Plus to add to your last comment, everquest.... the king of lackluster expanions and nickle and dime gaming.... need I say more?

Alucard
06-19-2003, 01:05 AM
Yeah, only reason I'm looking forward to EQ2 is the supposed Anarchy Online style character generation/skills set up. Alot more freedom in building your character. Going to be great fun!

Sears
06-29-2003, 03:46 PM
FFXI PC is out in october. PS2 version is beta testing and will be released when SONY DESIDES to release the HDD in Q1 2004. PC Beta test in mid july.

Renegade X
06-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Yeah, only reason I'm looking forward to EQ2 is the supposed Anarchy Online style character generation/skills set up. Alot more freedom in building your character. Going to be great fun!

After spending about 3 minutes in SWG... I'm hooked... EQ2 who? Sorry but suprisingly SWG is just about the best MMORPG experence I have, if the folks a SoE make EQ2 anything as good at SWG is.... they have no worries.

Alucard
06-30-2003, 02:18 AM
:haha: 3min into the game and its the greatest? Come on son! I keep hearing alot of negative things about the game. PErsonally though I wont be even looking at the game untill they put in vehicles and space travel/combat as they promised at the beginning. Untill then its only half the game it should be.

SpaceManSpiff
07-02-2003, 03:46 PM
eh, luckily i've had other games to tie me down until FFXI, and we'll get FFX-2 in November, so I can wait.