PDA

View Full Version : 3DO file for bankrupcy

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2003, 11:32 AM
@*!^%$*!$ Stupid 3DO.. how they managed to stay alive on their mysteriously popular Army Men series is beyond me, but what will become of my beloved Heroes of Might and Magic series!? #@%^@#%#!~ They're looking for a buyer for either the company or any of its assets.. maybe someone will buy NWC or the Might and Magic series..

They also had the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse game that was starting to sound good... maybe someone will pick that up as well...

Also a High Heat Baseball game for the GC is said to finally be done, but no word on wether it'll be printed on media and actually shipped out now.. I somehow doubt that happening...

Man, that sucks.. I really wanted Heroes of Might and Magic V... there is still hope that someone will pick it up though.. NWC is a solid developer with a good track record..

Renegade X
05-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Good Ridance to a Bad Game Developer.

3DO was so far past it's prime it's not evne funny. And they drug down the Might and Magic series so much this is just what they deserve... thats my two bits.

Vyse
05-29-2003, 12:11 PM
I do agree, though, i have heard their baseball series is exceptional

Renegade X
05-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Vyse
I do agree, though, i have heard their baseball series is exceptional

Never really was in to baseball that much but, then again will it really be missed that much??

Reality
05-29-2003, 01:07 PM
I'll call them up and tell them I have $25. I buy to make sure they die, then sell their stuff on ebay. Then I move on to Midway.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Well to be fair, they're filing for bankrupcy under Chapter 11... so they're really just be trying to reorganize... otherwise they would filed under Chapter 7...

Smurfbert
05-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Ahhh, not a moment to early. A company almost 100% pure crap. The only company I could think about that is worse right now is Titus!

Alucard
05-30-2003, 02:50 AM
Bout bloody time this useless company died. I loved the Heroes of Might and Magic series, but they've slowly destroyed it with each installment. From what I recall, they fired majority of the production team around the latest M&M game for the average to bad reviews it got. Way to go 3DO! Maybe you should have stuck a playable race of army men in it!

Cobi*
05-30-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Well to be fair, they're filing for bankrupcy under Chapter 11... so they're really just be trying to reorganize... otherwise they would filed under Chapter 7...

yeah, they're not quite dead yet... damnit :D

Nindalf
06-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Im gonna miss heroes of might and magic but other than that it was bad developer.
I just wish this would happen to EA...worst developer ever...

to Kid Icarus: What are those chapter 11 and 7? never heard of them.

vherub
06-11-2003, 06:45 PM
In the US, a bankrupt company can use Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code to "reorganize" its business and try to become profitable again. Management continues to run the day-to-day business operations but all significant business decisions must be approved by a bankruptcy court.

Under Chapter 7, the company stops all operations and goes completely out of business. A trustee is appointed to "liquidate" (sell) the company's assets and the money is used to pay off the debt, which may include debts to creditors and investors.

So Chap 11 is a usually, but not always, mortal wound, while chap 7 is a deathblow

VGtalk
06-13-2003, 11:24 PM
somehow I'm not surprised