PDA

View Full Version : Have u ever broken a controller, and why>?

hootie17
06-03-2002, 09:09 PM
i have broken 2 playstation controllers

1. when i first got crash team racing i played for several days at a time, i was usually so intense about each race that it came to the point where the X button (acceleration) was permenently affixed to it's coppressed possition (it got stuck down).

2. while playing MvC i lost a round, and didn't have a good day that day, so a threw the controller on the ground and cracked it in half while doing so.

NEVER BUY THE COLORED PS CONTROLLERS
THEY ARE BAD
THEY BREAK EASY
get the new larger ps2 controllers
they are amazing.

Vicviper
06-04-2002, 12:41 PM
Oh yes. Many a controller has been broken around my house.
It all started back in the days of the NES.

I've broken

2 NES advantage controllers on: Ghosts and Goblins

2 SNES controllers on: Street Fighter II Turbo

atleast 3 PS controllers on: Gradius, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Hot Shots Golf 3.

It seems that most controllers are broken on Capcom games. I think I should write a letter to Capcom and ask for compensation.
What do you think??

WINDJAMMERS
06-04-2002, 01:57 PM
I never broke a controller myself, but I bought a broken Mad Catz controller for the Nintendo 64. I didn't know it was broke when I bought it and I was to lazy to bring it back. The Auto-fire option is the only reason I kept it.

Vicviper
06-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Jeez Windjammers. You must have a good temper. You don't ever get so pissed at the way you play a game that you just need to break something? anything? That is my problem. Take Hot Shots Golf for example. When I am not on my mark and I hit the ball either slice or hook man that pisses me off because I know that I can do better.

WINDJAMMERS
06-04-2002, 03:30 PM
It helps to never lose. :D

Darren
06-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Nope never broken any,

Overlord
06-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Never broken any either.

Kervin
06-05-2002, 01:54 PM
I've never broken any, but my little brother broke 2 NES controllers: by slammig them into the ground(he always get mad after losing)

ATMA
06-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Well back in the street fighter days we broke some SNES controller but not because we lost simply because the controller couldn't handle our fingers movements i mean man if there was ever a top5 of most special move you ever did ..Hadouken should be on all 5 places!!But that was back than now i play rpg most of the time so i haven't break any since than!!:D

Pikachu
06-05-2002, 05:31 PM
I never had a broken controller, but when I first played the Capcom fighting games on my Dreamcast, it's like my controller is broken, the DC controller is a big piece of crap when playing these games, I ended up buying a very expensive ASCII 6 button fighting pad for these games!

Vash
06-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Ive never broken one intentionally. I've just had EXTREMELY bad luck with 3rd party controllers. They are ALWAYS crap. The worst being the interact Xbox controller. Why they made the damn thing bigger then the normal Xbox controller i do not know. But the buttons never worked right and half the time it thought it was un plugged.

humbleish
06-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Didn't matter how frustrated I got, I knew I'd have to shell out a bunch of money if I shattered the controller on the ground. However, one of the nice things about the PS controller is that you can pull the grips apart very hard when you get frustrated... never broke ;-) Similar thing with the SNES pad... you can grab the round parts and try to snap the controller in half like a cracker.

Glitch
06-22-2002, 12:16 PM
I broke 2 dreamcast controllers playing marvel vs capcom just to defeat onslaught.

ATMA
06-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Glitch
I broke 2 dreamcast controllers playing marvel vs capcom just to defeat onslaught.

Another victim of Onslaught!!:( Hey Overlord do you see how powerfull Onslaught is ??You can feel his wrath even outside your mighty powerfull console!!:D

"BEHOLD MY MIGHTY HAND"
-ONSLAUGHT-

Overlord
06-22-2002, 12:22 PM
He's no Penance, thats for sure. But then he didn't have the power of the Emotion chip either. It'll be diiferant when MvC2 comes out for PS2 and Xbox. Then we'll know what true terror is.

-w0rd!

HFIL
06-23-2002, 12:55 AM
Atari Controler... got a little to involved w/ pole position

NES control died.... just died... dunno why...

I broke 2 snes controlers... 1 just playing super streetfighter 2 the other doing that break the diamond thing on mortal kombat

3do controller.... dog chewed cable

Broke a dreamcast controler playing chu chu rocket... pressing buttons 2 hard... Analog stick broke on other one...(Its not physically broke... its just messed up and way off) I think I played 2 much sonic adventure 2

2 ps2 controlers stupid cat chewed cord

Broke xbox controller playing JSRF... well the A Button is stiff.... works great... but no feeling of actually pressing it... its just just stiff

Broke second xbox controler analog stick/L button.. yeah both of them... playing gunvalkrie

gabriel
06-23-2002, 11:26 AM
I broke a SNES controller by pulling on its wire. The wire didnt rip out, it just disconnected from the controller which made it completely useless.

My Dreamcast controller partially stopped working (some of the buttons + analog), my friend thought he could unscrew it and fix it but when he did that the controller just stopped functioning all together. I didnt really care since I would've probably thrown out the controller anyway.

My 3rd party MadCatz Dreamcast controller also doesnt seem to be very responsive but I think that's due to the cheap quality, and wear & tear.

I'm pretty good with controller videogame related frustration, but one time I kicked a hole in my wall while playing the original Smash Bros. :)

hootie17
06-23-2002, 12:45 PM
i have no idea why u guys/gals have problems with 3rd party controllers, i have only had one problem with them, and i was just able to bring it back and get a new one, now all two of my 3rd party controllers wrk fine, i actually PERFER THEM.

Penance
06-24-2002, 01:28 PM
A couple of my PSx controllers died out after a while. Besides that, not much.

Dr. DOS
06-24-2002, 09:57 PM
Never broke one.. I won't lower myself to that level!

Besides, it's expensive.