PDA

View Full Version : Anime Lounge!!?

ATMA
06-03-2002, 11:48 AM
HI there Anime fans!I made this thread especially dedicated to Anime fans,here we can talk anime,share knowledge of anime ect ect ect!
So feel free to post some Anime stuff
like what's the last anime you saw,what's the best anime you saw,or if you have a question or anything maybe there are some members of this forum who might know more about it,or a top5 anime of all time,anything about anime feel free to post!:D

Recently i saw this anime Metropolis!I was blown away by the details kinda reminded me of AKIRA!
It was written and screen played by KATSUHIRO OTOMO (For those who doesn't know who this guy is let me refresh your memory: AKIRA!!)So perhaps that's the reason why it reminded me alot of AKIRA!Anyway the story was okay!But the thing that realy amazed me was the details and the design the city sure felled alive and everything was moving it's just amazing!!

Anybody here saw LAIN??!!

Black Sugar
06-03-2002, 02:12 PM
I've been pretty busy lately, I didn't had much free time to wacht like i used too.

But I did see the whole serie of Cowboy Bebop. He can be easily be compare to Neon Gensis Evangelion in term of animation quality. The story isn't as intense, but the main characters are intriguing enboug to keep you hook until the last episode.

Also wacht the new Vampire Hunter D. Again, the animation is amazing (no surprise there), but, damn, those actors are boring as hell.

I didn't wacht Lain yet, but i'm about to get it as soon as I can.

ATMA
06-03-2002, 02:41 PM
I always watch anime with subtitles and leave the anime in jap!!It's better for learning the jap language and plus i find the voice acting prety lame, it's like they took something away!But i always leave mine in jap!Man don't even talk about neon genesis evangelion that serie was sooooo sweet,I just love the way they kinda use alot of bible stuff but kept it in their own version,that was realy amazing!And the character designs are wild!That's why i'm also looking foward for .HACK
got the same artist!
I'm still looking for the final 2 movies,there is the place where the story of neon genesis evangelion ends!But i heard the movies had prety lame ending!Cowboy bebop is also prety good,Have you seen Trigun?Also a great story!Anyone here allready seen spirited away?And i'm sure you will like LAIN it got sooo much hectic scenes and stuff where you are just gonna say i have to watch this serie again!!:D

Black Sugar
06-03-2002, 03:33 PM
Oh, I never wacht dub anime, i hate that. Sub are the way to go

I did see Vampire hunter D (Dub version) cause my friends.

I saw the 2 final movies of Evangelion (euhhh..about 3 yrs ago ..damn..that long already..!).

The first movie is a recap of the whole season with some in-between situation we didn't see in the originale such as why Asuka hates Shinji that much.

I won't say much.

As for the second movie, this is a alternate ending that japanese fans keep asking about. Keep in mind that the real endiing was indeed the last episode you saw (episode 26 i think)

Those who told you that the ending was lame didn't understood a thing about EVA.

Trigun, I only see five episodes. Must go rent it .

ATMA
06-03-2002, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info of Neon Genesis Evangelion! Even though people say that the movies sucks i still want to watch them so basicaly it ends at episode 26!Wow ..well okay than!
That serie is sooo cool!Trigun is prety awesome,but if you really want something that makes you think alot and kinda goes realy phylosophy on your mind ..LAIN is the serie you need to watch next! :D

Present day .....present time ..hahahahahahahahaha
*ahem* something from LAIN!!*teehee* :D

typexig
06-03-2002, 04:32 PM
sup anime fan..=)..yeah EVA, was a great series. i saw the whole series in like 2 days..haha..once i saw the first episode, i was hooked right away, and didnt stop watching it...haha..as for trigun, also an awesome anime. i also saw the whole series of this in less than 2 days..hehe..those two anime has great storyline that makes you want to watch it nonestop..as for the two movies of EVA.. yeah theyre just the alternative ending of the series.. cuz like the many people in jap, didnt like the ending to the series...Have you guys seen Eria or Armmatage III?..theyre also a great anime movie, IMO..=)

-Xig-

typexig
06-03-2002, 04:36 PM
have you guys seen Jin-Roh?

-Xig-

Black Sugar
06-03-2002, 04:45 PM
I love those deep phylosolical anime, I'll give it a try.
as for Ji-Roh, nah, not yet.

I'm the type of guy who rent a bunch of anime all in the same time, so Jin-Roh ison my next list also.

ATMA
06-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Armmatage yeah i think i saw that one a time ago
and anybody know the status of Ghost in the shell 2 cause i've been hearing for a loooong time they are working on it but still haven't seen a thing or heard something from it?!

WINDJAMMERS
06-04-2002, 01:06 PM
I watch dubs. I really don't notice that the voices suck; I just don't want to have to read the whole script.

I will read sub-titles for Kung-Fu movies, because dubs takes away from overall experience.

typexig
06-04-2002, 06:27 PM
i also loved Ghost in the Shell..ohh what bout Ninja Scroll.. that movie was tight!!!... =)

-Xig-

ATMA
06-05-2002, 08:46 AM
Anime is the best place to make those kind of Ninja movies but yet there's not alot of Ninja movies that can be compared to Ninja scroll..
I'm telling you Ninja scroll is one of my favourite movie of all time!I love the character designs especially ..uhm crap i forgot his name.. the skinny guy that can move through shadow,uhm his name starts with "shin" i guess!!And ofcourse the blind demon, the fight when they were running through the woods was soooooooooo sweet!!
And i just love how the story fits in eachother
like fight poison with poison,and how the old man kinda predict everything,simply a master piece!
I hope sometime soon we can get another great Ninja story!!:D

Black Sugar
06-05-2002, 09:06 AM
I personally prefers Samurai oriented anime such as "The Hakkenden"and my all time favorite Rurounin Keshin (Samurai X in US).

Nobody notice how Baiken and Keshin bare some ressemblance when they talk?

ATMA
06-05-2002, 11:11 AM
I only saw some of the episode,the one with alot of humour in it!There's also a more serious serie and the motion picture.right?But i don't like the one where he's drawn differently kinda like more adult look it doesn't fit his style!
i like Rurourin kenshin the way he was in the serie!And that guy with the big sword!
nice serie that Samurai X ..
-BATOUSAI-

Black Sugar
06-05-2002, 11:24 AM
The motion picture was actually a OAV who tell the story on how Keshin became the Batousai and how he get the "X" mark on his cheek.

They change the character designer to give a more serious tone to the story. and I believe that this kind of art direction was more appropriate .

If you never saw it , I truly recommend. This one of the most beautiful and tragic story I ever seen.

The TV series is quite funny, until Saito come in, this where the Keshin episode truly shine and get a little bit more serious.

ATMA
06-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the info i'll check it out!That's true though, the episodes started with alot of humour in it and than it got alot more serious kinda like Trigun!!

Here's a quick top3
-AKIRA
-NINJA SCROLL
-NEON GENESIS EVANGELION

ATMA
06-11-2002, 07:06 PM
So looks like there's not alot of ANIME fans among the members
How dissapointing!!!:(

Overlord
06-11-2002, 07:10 PM
I'm a anime fan. The last anime I saw was (7) episodes of Blue Seed and Magic Users club.

...Are you guys interested in the Anime Matrix-style movie? Square's doing most of the animation for it.

WINDJAMMERS
06-11-2002, 08:27 PM
I think Square should stick to videogames. Do what you do best; that's what I always say.

Overlord
06-11-2002, 08:29 PM
They perfected a whole bunch of Animation skills from the Spirits Within. And thats all they're doing for the movie. They're not writing it or anything.

Vash
06-14-2002, 11:43 PM
heh speaking of anime i just started watching Evangelion. and ive ordered Jin Roh and Arc the lad ... freaking anime is expensive

Seska
06-18-2002, 04:24 AM
Download Anime Fansubs of the net if you ahve decent bandwidth. And buy on DVD the stuff that is REALLY worth it.

I used to download craploads of anime, but lately I've grown a little tired of it and am more into J-Drama.

Last Anime series I watched was Jungle wa itsumo Hare nochi Guu.

Overlord
06-18-2002, 04:58 AM
Has anyone hear seen the Virtua Fighter Animes? I think that they had a couple of movies. I remember seeing a couple of trailers for it. It looked really cheesy. But who knows.

Kamui
06-19-2002, 10:53 PM
The last movie I saw was Spirited Away, and deserves every single prize it got, a little less `serious` than Metropolis but real fun. I am watching Gasaraki and Excel Saga ( really funny), and receive the notice that Locomotion will air S. E. Lain here. It`s getting better all the time.......

On the other side, I saw Blood the last vampire on the theater 5 months ago, I never actually saw (until then) an anime on the big screen. I want more......

IHZer0
06-20-2002, 12:21 PM
There is no better anime than Grave of the Fireflies....

Also, about Kenshin.

There's a TV series, a Movie, and 2 different OVAs. OVAs are basically mini-series.
The TV series isn't very bloody and is comical, the OVAs are very bloody and serious, while the movie is sorta a mixture of the two (but leaning more on the TV series side)

I really only like the first OVA. Haven't seen the second.

Black Sugar
06-20-2002, 03:15 PM
wait until you see the second OAV bro! There's a lot of stuffs going in there, and some characters from TV series will also make a guest-apparance for 1 minute or two.

I saw Jin-Roh last week. Not bad at all. But I was looking forward for a little more.

ATMA
06-20-2002, 05:32 PM
I started to worry about why wasn't alot of people around!!
Well thanks for uhm .."joinin" So anyone saw Metropolis?
And KETSUHIRO OTOMO right the main guy behind AKIRA he passed away like almost 10 yrs ago right ?Cause the movie Metropolis is prety new yet you see an interview with OTOMO-SAN
so i got kinda confused ormaybe it was an old movie but was way ahead of its time ..anyways i'm alittle confused so anyone can clear this up would be great thanks ..
keep on posting Anime fans!!:D

Kamui
06-21-2002, 10:14 PM
Yep, I saw Metropolis last october on a movie festival here in Rio (like all movie festivals exibit new animes....). This anime was actually well received by the audience and the critic. Most to the beautiful animation, great argument by Katsushiro Otomo (Akira) and character designs the same artist of Kimba, the white lion and astro boy ( Osama Tesuka, I think...).
Metropolis premiered on japan in the year 2000, and only the argument (script) was made by Katsushiro Otomo.
If you can, watch Spirited Away, it's from the same team of Princess Mononoke (which is another excellent anime, by the way).

ATMA
06-22-2002, 09:35 AM
In an older post i asked about Spirited away !!It's some kind of mythology type of story i like it alot !!And just didn't knew it was from the same team of Mononoke!!And i saw the art book it looks prety nice,So like anybody saw A CHINEESE GHOST STORY??
is it also a mythology animation??Very good but i can't find it yet!!
Metropolis was made as some kind of in special memory of that guy who made Astro boy!!But Metropolis is very very beautiful!!:D

Overlord
06-22-2002, 09:56 AM
Did you guy's hear that they're making a new Transformers series(Transformers: Armada)? And a new He-Man series? I think that they're both going to be on Toonami.

ATMA
06-22-2002, 10:01 AM
WOW!!This sounds very good to bad here in Holland we don't have toonami!! %^&*%$$# dutch t.v network !!:mad:
*casting curse on the dutch t.v network*

Overlord
06-22-2002, 10:03 AM
Can't you get it through satelite? Toonami, that is.

Glitch
06-22-2002, 10:11 AM
Yeah i've heard that they are making a new transformer but i don't know a lot of info's about it.

The last anime that i saw was hellsing, it kinda reminds me of DMC cause the main character also has 2 authomatic weapons just like Dante and instead of shooting demons he shoots vampires. The story is really great and has a lot of action. A must see.

ATMA
06-22-2002, 10:21 AM
No the satelite system here is worst than cable you will only catch german and turkish channel and stuff you don't want to see!!But perhaps i can catch the cartoon network of England but it won't be that cheap to do all that !But we have other channels that kinda shows some toons and stuff!!So i probably have to wait like 5 years or something,somehow the toons of U.S kinda takes alot of time to get here like i said with DBZ now we are in the middle of the cell games friday was the episode where Gokuu said i give up and everyone almost had a heart attack!!And monday things will continue!!And like Megaman never came here and now they are showing that new Avengers cartoon and they still have to show X-MEN evolution!!:mad:

ATMA
06-27-2002, 08:01 AM
Well anyways anybody want to talk about ANIME or reconmend a certain ANIME ???

Penance
06-27-2002, 11:53 AM
ATMA, why don't you just download the new Transformers and He-man episodes? They'll be on KaZaA right after it airs. Maybe even when the VHS/DVD is first released. Depending on which comes out first.

ATMA
06-27-2002, 12:05 PM
What about Thundercats??Are they planning new episodes??Or Teenage mutant ninja turle !!!

Penance
06-27-2002, 12:43 PM
I think that they are planning on making a new TC series, in the hands of Fox. Not much word lately. And theres also a Real-Life Akira movie in the works. Also, haven't heard much on lately.

...Ninja Turtles are long gone.

Black Sugar
06-27-2002, 01:44 PM
They are planning a new TMNT the movie for 2003 or 2004 i think. The turtles will be CGI this time.

They also told that this new movie will be based on the original comic unlike the previous cartoon and movie series which was more focusing on kids.

A new videogames should come along too.

ATMA
06-27-2002, 03:13 PM
WOW!!Well it would be cool to see this one indeed!!I think it will be better in CGI not that the movie sucked but back than i was a kid so everything was well sweet !But now if i see the movie i'll go like ..booooooooring!!!So i think a CGI would be cool, kinda like SPIDEY!!! Remember Super shredder?? hahahaha He got an entire intro scene about how he was growing and stuff and he just had to screwed things up for himself and made everything fall on him!!!:o

Black Sugar
06-28-2002, 11:23 AM
I really love the first movie (put aside the stupid Splinter storyline) When the second movie came out , I was hoping to see RockSteady and Bebop!!! This never happen!

Sad really, how come they put a looser such as Casey Jones and not Baxter with his little rats-bots!?

hootie17
06-28-2002, 05:11 PM
did anyone ever see Ghost in the Shell that was an amazing anime movie.

ATMA
06-28-2002, 07:32 PM
It was a really great nice story and nice animation but it was alittle on the short side the movie was around 45 mins right??
But i heard they are working on the second part now well that was 3 yrs ago ..So they are done or almost done !!!But Ghost in the shell was a great ANIME!!!:D

Vash
07-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Black Bahamut
They are planning a new TMNT the movie for 2003 or 2004 i think. The turtles will be CGI this time.

Think Vanilla Ice will be making another apperance to sing that "Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go" song?:confused:

Originally posted by ATMA
Well anyways anybody want to talk about ANIME or reconmend a certain ANIME ???

I recommend everyone go see: Giant Robo

It was from the 80's and is being re-released to DVD soon.

Black Sugar
07-03-2002, 08:57 AM
Yea, Giant Robo is a awesome anime! One of my personal favorite. If you guys love mid-70, 80 japanese anime, this one is for you.

I wacht Spriggan this week-end. This is a really big budget anime judging by the high quality animation

And to my biggest surprise, this anime was based on the graphic novel published by Viz comic under the name "Striker" in the state.

ATMA
07-03-2002, 09:07 AM
How about MAZINGER ?? anybody remember that one or VOLTRON??Man i grew up on those type of things !!So this giant robo should be like the same since it's from the 70-80's period !!

Overlord
07-03-2002, 09:13 AM
I used to watch in my earlier years. And I really liked it. But I didn't like the 3D transition of it.

Kamui
07-14-2002, 03:22 PM
Yesterday, I seen 2 anime movies at big screen in an event called "Anima mundi 2002", a traditional world animation event.... this time with animes..... OK, I seen Jin-roh and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. The other movie I want to see was Osmosis Jones, but it was already sold out (2 hours before the screening, no less....).
Jin-roh is a OK movie with a stouninshing animation ( By Production I.G., no less) and a good story, but is a very sad one.... the pace of the movie is somewhat slow, but I seen worst animes than that... 8/10 review. Oh, this movie was brought by the kind people of Locomotion that gave this film for premiere on this event ( the movie did not aired yet on Locomotion). Greets to them.....
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was a truly shocking feature.... Breathtaking animation, excellent story and well-scripted characters, this is one of the best animes on my recent memory. I was a little aprehensive, because the original Vampire Hunter D is a pretty bad movie ( even with Yoshitaka Amano as the character designer) but this film is far superior the original in every single way. The character design of this film doesn't look like Amano's, I think is the dude from Ninja Scroll and Wicked city.... but as review: truly recomended. 10/10 score....
Next saturday is the Premiere of Spirited Away ( outside of anime-only events).....
Last thing, I truly love Rio de Janeiro!!!!!!
www.animamundi.com.br

Sesshoumaru
07-14-2002, 10:56 PM
You didn't like Vampire Hunter D (1)?
Oh my...
I loved it.

Yes the second one was better though. ^_^

Overlord
07-15-2002, 09:37 AM
Sesshoumaru:
Yes the second one was better though. ^_^

Same here. And I agree with everything that Kamui said in his review.

ATMA
07-26-2002, 11:03 AM
Anybody knows any funny manga like DIGI-CHARAT or IKETERU FUTARI? :big smile

Kamui
07-26-2002, 10:55 PM
Well, the most funny ( and nonsense) anime I ever saw was, beyond doubt, Excel Saga..... it's so funny that you almost forget that is really an anime........ the series plays around with japanese traditions and culture..... it has crazy charcters, non-existent storyline, dubious situations and most of all, a good sense of humor that sometimes is almost histerical. Not for everyone, but give it a try. Only seen 4 chapters so far ( must get the others, fast.......)

ATMA
07-28-2002, 01:42 PM
IKETERU FUTARI is also very funny alot of typical japanese "toilet" homour about a guy that's prety much a pervert! But the way things goes in the story is very funny time to time i just had to stop it to catch some breath because of all the laughing ..and this DIGI CHARAT is also very funny and weird ..it got yhm well very interesting character design....-NYO!!

xXx Beaver xXx
07-31-2002, 04:57 AM
I think that anime is okay, but HENTAI is the best! ;)

I like squid, the one they found in Australia, it has hentai like tentacles! :big smile

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Kamui
08-03-2002, 09:37 PM
You won't belive it, but is true: Hentai actually aired on open ( not cable) TV on my country. The film was Urotsukidoji, that was translated as "The demon's legend" and aired twice!!!!! I cannot belive it because anime movies rarelly aires on TV. And was not edited on any part. The people that seen it knows that this movie is the real deal: tentacles (without the squid) and stuff.... And so triple x beaver, hentai is cool, but don't overdo it man :D For the people that still don't belive it: www.band.com.br

Overlord
08-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Woah, is anyone watching the new He-Man on Cartoon Network right now? It started at 4PM PST over here, Friday. And theres going to be rerun on Saturday, 7PM. Actually, tomorrows the priemere, todays the sneak peak!

Your Thoughts?

Seska
08-17-2002, 03:32 AM
ITs a matter of personal preference, I guess, but I cant see how Hentai can be better than normal Anime. Its like saying that the Porn Industry does movies FAR better than anything hollywood comes up with these days (though on second thought, thats almost true... :D).

Hentai anime usually has no plot, peatures a cheaper production with crappy animation and lots of repeated frams (yep, like.. in, out, in, out :p) while some anime is of exceedinly good quality, some even making extensive use of gc to extremely impressive effects (Most Gonzo series do this).

While lately I have been disenchanted with anime - tired of cute catgirl magic and super giant robot fighters and typical slapstic highschool romcoms, there still are a few series worth watching. On my personal "must finish watching list" are:

Hajime no Ippo (very cool anime about a boxer)
Groove Adventure Rave (fighting anime with a LOT of gags and humor)
RahXephon (the only exception to my big robot anime rule, this seems to be getting a lot of good criticism)
Kaze no Yojimbo (Very cool adaptation of Musashi in modern times)
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu (impossible to explain, the funniest thing I have ever seen since Excel Saga)

The problem with anime if you are in the fansubbing scene, is that there is TOO much of everything. If somewhere in japan someone releases an anime about playing golf, or cooking ham omelettes, you can be sure 5 fansubbers will "pick" the series up and do their own versions of it. Pathetic. :p

xXx Beaver xXx
08-18-2002, 12:46 AM
Yeh, I have slowed down on the hentai...

Anyone still out there who remembers 'Samurai Pizza Cats'?

I loved it when I was really little, here in NZ. Great anime, too bad it went...

go see http://www.two4u.com/pizzacats/ for more info.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Overlord
08-18-2002, 07:01 AM
Of course I remember Samurai Pizza Cats!! That was one of the first Anime that I ever saw. ATMA and I discussed that some in the "Anime Vs. Videogames" thread in debates. You might wanna check it out.

ATMA
08-25-2002, 04:03 PM
Right now i'm watching Hellsing there's a guy name ALUCARD in it and it's prety cool it's a mix of Gungrave/Trigun, and currently also watching DIGI-CHARAT!
Anybody seen Digi-Charat? ..it's about nothing but it's funny IMO!:haha:

Kamui
08-25-2002, 08:56 PM
Yesterday, I had the opportunity to remember how much I miss those days that the new chapters of my favourite cartoons on TV were my only concern and how I could keep talking hours and hours about a specific character.

An event about old TV series was showed yesterday. The event was split in diverses segments like old US series, old japanese series, US super heroes and JAP super sentai series. I bought a full exibition pass and began my voyage back, to my childhood and pre-teen age.

The old US series was composed with 1 chapter of the following series: The herculoids, the impossibles, Space Ghost, Migthor, Thundercats, Silverhawks and Transformers: the movie. OK, that was only the beggining.

So came my favorite section of the day..... the anime of my childhood.

Fantomas was the first one ( is a mid-60 anime, my dad sometimes saw it). I really don't like it, the plot was pure trash.
Super Dinamo is another mid-60 but is somewhat better than the other one.

And, so the only thing that almost make me cry.... Yamato.... It was so nice to see +50 avid fans singing the Yamato opening title with passion that you only see in national anthems, perhaps more.... it was only 2 chapters ( of the Comet Empire saga), but enough to leave with a pure smile on my face.

Next was Macross. The first chapter to boot. Macross has a special place in my heart. If I like anime these days, blame on Macross. Misa Hayase, Hikaru and Minmei, how can anyone forget about that? I was so excited about it that I bought one Macross: DYRL poster and 3 collectable cards ( of the 25th anniversary).

Don Dracula was a OK anime at the time, but the first episode is very funny...

Zillion was the last anime of event and the one that I least saw. It was also good, but nothing special.

Kamui
08-25-2002, 09:49 PM
The next section was of the super sentai series, that I also want to see.

The first one was National Kid, a mid-50 that was aired on Brazil on mid-60 and quickly became the one of the favourite heroes of the kids here, back then. National Kid were ( by far) the most crowded exibition of the day, with more than 120 people, most of it with more than 40-45 years and with his kids. NK was a good production, and is the most CULT of the super sentais.

And so, they showed a SS called Giant Robo, that I've know as a cartoon. The production was very cheap and the actors were lame, but there are fans for everything, right? Moving on....

Then came Ultraman.... one of the fan favourites JAP series of the 70.... It was so cool, ultraman and the monters fighting and destroying Tokyo in the process. No wonder, it made a huge success worldwide. But I was to young to remember the series.

Next......... Planet : EARTH, City : TOKYO.....that's right kids....the one and only SPECTREMAN, one of my favourite SS. Everything, from the Paper Mache Buildings, to the infamous Simian villans were nostalgic. Good stuff....

Ans so, the series that made the supers sentai fever on Brazil....... Jaspion. Jaspion aired back in 88 also with Changeman, and made a huge sucess. Was also good to see again things like Jiraya, the ninja, the last exibition of the day. Excellent series on that time, but today.....

Some people became dissapointed with all that, saying that it was surprised to find out that they liked something that bad when they were kids. I don't think that way. I think that the lack of a good production and the bad plots and scripts ended up being an additional element of the overral fun. I left with the sensation that I lived wonderful moments in that exibition room, and outside of it as well.

This was a small trip to my past, and hopefully some of your past as well. I hope that you also remember some good things about your past when you read this, and suddenly apears a small, but sincere, smile on you face, like me in this right moment, as I am writing this message.

Nindalf
08-26-2002, 01:30 PM
Here in Finland Anime is not very popular but i would like to watch them but i just can?t find Anime anywhere :crying:

I got this cartoon called Silver Fang(Over 5hours long and its on 4 tapes) but im not sure is it Anime. Has anyone else seen it?

ATMA
09-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Has anybody seen the animation of .HACK? Right now i'm watching them it sure good my RPG blood boiling!

I also got a few episode of Star ocean
and soon i'll get my hands on Spirited away, this animation is soooo lets say typical Miyazaki ! I also found the animation of Nausicaa ..and i was just reading the graphic-novel of this title!
Sister princess is also very funny and anybody here seen FLCL or FURIE KURIE?
I heard it's a very weird (in a good way) Manga! Anybody got info on this one?

I've also seen HELLSING! wow ..all i have to say is INCOGNITO that guy is freaky! And ofcourse ALUCARD is the best or should i say ARUCARDA ! But does anybody here knows if there's more than 13 episode?

So what anime are you people watching these days?

Kid0_oIcarus
09-10-2002, 09:51 AM
My personnal anime collection is non-existant, but I gotta drop by a friend's house who's big into anime.. I just have to remember where the fool lives!

aneep
09-20-2002, 08:58 AM
personal favourite

digi charat (the new one i don't like so much, dejiko is not mischievious anymore)
ghost in the shell movie/manga
ippatu kikimusume
excel saga
ping pong club
rahxephon
argento soma
video girl ai and all katsura's other works (DNA^2, etc etc)
puni puni poemi - sister series to excel, not as funny IMO

i like weird anime like digi charat and excel saga :) anymore reccomandation?

i like serious sci fi anime too (not fluff sci fi anime mind u, though i don't hate them, just like serious stuff more)

-aneep-

ATMA
09-20-2002, 12:37 PM
Digi charat !!So your also one of those that like that serie huh?..That show just cracked me up...is it true that's it's a commercial for that famous place AKIBAHARA? i mean that would explain why the episodes are so short! I still have to wacth the new episodes ..i really like Petit charat or Puchiko-chan! She's sooooooooooooooo cute and also so small :haha:

A real sci-fi one huh? well i can reconmend you LAIN but it's not really sci-fi ..than again i don't even know what to call LAIN! But it's deffently a good one!

ATMA
09-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Anybody else saw "SPIRITED AWAY"? Or anybody here is a big fan of HAYAO MIYAZAKI ?

Healin
09-20-2002, 11:47 PM
I saw spirited away sometime back. Quite ok for me but the gals loved it. Hilarious story and bit disgusting (the turning into pigs part). Nonetheless, a good show. Catch it when you're free.

ATMA
09-22-2002, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the world of Miyazaki, It's pure fantasy ...Like Princess Mononoke wich was also amazing, i like those type of anime! He also made "Grave of the fireflies"! Wich sure made me shed a tear!:crying: That was a great story! Now i've heard there's a chance they will bring "My neighbor totoro" on dvd any news on this? anyone?

Nindalf
09-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by NiN
I got this cartoon called Silver Fang(Over 5hours long and its on 4 tapes) but im not sure is it Anime. Has anyone else seen it?

So i take it that no one has seen it eh?

ATMA
09-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Sorry NIN! I haven't seen it or know anything about it!

Healin
09-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Silver Fang??? Is it the one bout the dog? He fights bears, wolfs and all. Never really watch the anime but did catch it on Manga.

Nindalf
09-23-2002, 07:40 AM
Yeah thats the one...it was about 5years since i last watched it but its the only anime i have ever seen so i remember it...
cant remember the wolfs though...

aneep
09-23-2002, 05:08 PM
Digi charat !!So your also one of those that like that serie huh?..That show just cracked me up...is it true that's it's a commercial for that famous place AKIBAHARA? i mean that would explain why the episodes are so short! I still have to wacth the new episodes ..i really like Petit charat or Puchiko-chan! She's sooooooooooooooo cute and also so small :haha:

A real sci-fi one huh? well i can reconmend you LAIN but it's not really sci-fi ..than again i don't even know what to call LAIN! But it's deffently a good one!

they are all just too cute! :)

but Broccoli really went overboard with Panyo Panyo Digi Charat, they are over cute, and thus not so entertaining to watch anymore for me, esp. the new mellow Dejiko, uuuh, not fun anymore

yeah the show started as an advert for the place, ppl like the mascot and it was turned into an anime show

Chitchana Strawberry Sugar and Pita ten are also nice cute anime series (and both are also by Broccoli too, i like their stuff)

EDIT my fav Digi Charat girl if Puchiko, too cute!

-aneep-

ATMA
09-23-2002, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info ..i'll keep my eye out for those to other series of Broccoli -NYU-

Nindalf
07-11-2003, 10:47 AM
LIVE, I SAY! LIVE!

Now that i revived this thread i would like to know where you people buy your Anime? Are you lucky bastards who has shops near them that sells Anime or do you order it somewhere(Online)? Thanks.

ATMA
07-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Wow it's still around!

Well I go to a store here in Amsterdam, where I buy my animes,, allthough lately i've been buying alot of Japanese (cult) movies, recently I bought "VERSUS" and i'll make a review about that movie soon. Recently i'm not buying alot of animes..i'm just waiting for those who i'm familiar with and i'm waiting for Ghost in the shell 2 and Steamboy and i'm still looking around for JinRoh.

Nindalf
07-11-2003, 11:13 AM
So your a lucky bastard then i see. :rolleyes:

Anyhow...Anyone seen this weird Dracula anime, with this big red deamon thing as satan and then Dracula lost his powers and fights fight bunch of zombies and stuff. Only Anime iw seen(that and Silver Fang) And it really scared me, when i was like six years old, when olnl cartoons before it was hug bears(or what ever it was called) My little pony, Uncle Scrooge etc. Even though it wasent any hard core violance it was pretty scary aftr those cartoons see Dracula bite those womens necks.

(Didint pay any attention for typos so might have some of them. Typos that is.)

Nindalf
07-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Sorry for the double post, but i found this finnish web site that is selling Anime, but im pretty clueless when it comes to anime so can someone tell me is there any good ones on this list?

http://www.filmifriikki.fi/

for some reason it wont give direct link to Anime so just click Anime/Manga on the left side of the screen. (And to view all click "Kaikki")

ATMA
07-12-2003, 12:48 PM
Lupin the 3rd series, Appleseed, Akira,Ghost in the shell,Evangelion series, Martian successor Nadisico, Metropolis, Ninja Scroll,Princess Mononoke. These are deffently good ones, and some of them classic. There are more but I haven't seen them all.

w00t these guys sells Ultraman!

hah they sell some great Japanese/Asian/HK movies. Not a bad store.

Nindalf
07-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks ATMA :cool guy:

Too bad my DVD player is broken at the moment( beyond repair, my bro trashed it when he was drunk)

I might order some stuff when i get a new one. :D

Robo Halloween
07-13-2003, 03:47 PM

Nobody notice how Baiken and Keshin bare some ressemblance when they talk?

Okay, I didn't read the rest of the thread to know if anyone said this or not, but the reason Baiken and Kenshin are identical is that the creator of Guilty Gear first thought that Kenshin was a girl, so he made Baiken as a fan art of Kenshin.

Well, I don't watch much anime, I only watch whatever is available on tv from time to time ( Kikaider, Lupin III, Big O ), but I do read alot of manga. My faves so far are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Lupin III, Fist of the Blue Sky, and Baki the Grappler. I also love City Hunter.

Black Sugar
07-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Team Halloween
Okay, I didn't read the rest of the thread to know if anyone said this or not, but the reason Baiken and Kenshin are identical is that the creator of Guilty Gear first thought that Kenshin was a girl, so he made Baiken as a fan art of Kenshin.

Well, I don't watch much anime, I only watch whatever is available on tv from time to time ( Kikaider, Lupin III, Big O ), but I do read alot of manga. My faves so far are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Lupin III, Fist of the Blue Sky, and Baki the Grappler. I also love City Hunter.
Are you serious...? I guess I ain't crazy after all !:2happy:

insteefy
07-14-2003, 02:03 PM
i like anime :D

Vegetto
07-14-2003, 11:50 PM
yes....I like anime as well.....anyways, who else was suprised when spirited away won on oscar....I certainly was

Drunken Savior
07-15-2003, 12:44 AM
I was. I'm glad it won though. I hope this category helps animation break out of this typecast role in American entertainment. I hate that alot of people still think animation is just a discarable art form aimed to entertain children.

vherub
07-15-2003, 12:06 PM
i use dvdpricesearch.com

ebay is a decent alternative, the worry is that what you are being sold is a knockoff, usually if a product is region free, (or ridiculously underpriced, such as fushigi yugi seiryu, suzaku box, and eikoden all for $30)

i would also recommend princess mononoke (misleadingly named)
jin-roh: wolf brigade is a high quality tale of intelligence and counter-intelligence
perfect blue- an ok pyscho-thriller
grave of the fireflies- wow, an awesome war movie, guranteed to leave you depressed -the 2nd disc also has cool info- in japan fireflies was released in theatres as a double feature with My Neighbor Totoro:yikes:

Cobi*
07-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Ya, I watch anime! :D

Favorite studios are Ghibli and Gonzo!

Right now I'm starting to get into this show called Narutaru.

I buy anime from amazon.com if I can't find it at Circuit City or BestBuy.

Kojiro Hyuga
07-26-2003, 02:55 AM
I just watched one of the most memorable anime's in a while: She- The Ultimate Weapon. The story is about a guy and his girlfriend, who turns out to be the "Ultimate Weapon".

Reading this paragraph you might think "What kind of story is that"? Believe me, that was what I tought also in the first couple of episodes (I actually laughted when I first saw "The Ultimate Weapon" and tought- No, Not another Mahoromatic!!!)... And then, the story just makes a 180 degree twist. It's a story about war and more importantly, about relationships- and it is very "adult" oriented. It has a very memorable cast of supporting characters with their own personal stories- They are not there only to "fill" plot. Ever since Neon Genesis Eva that no other "serious sci-fi anime" was so fulfilling. She, The Ultimate Weapon, is up there with Eva, maybe not as "pretentious" like the former buit indeed deep, reflective and CRUEL. The "inoccence" and "purity" of Love is confronted with the inevitability of one's growth... Simply wonderfull, and one of the best anime's I've ever saw!!! (Oh, I repeated myself!)

gearhound1
07-26-2003, 07:44 PM
So looks like there's not alot of ANIME fans among the members
How dissapointing!!!:(

whoa!! i just noticed this thread. can you believe that? i absolutely love anime. i have a massive collection. i also have a lot of box sets like hellsing, X, NOIR, ARGENTOSOMA and RAhXephON. i have project arms v. 1-4 right now. have you guys watched any of that yet? it is truly bad-ass. the action really is sweet. what a great series. HELLSING is amazing!

gearhound1
07-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Yea, Giant Robo is a awesome anime! One of my personal favorite. If you guys love mid-70, 80 japanese anime, this one is for you.

I wacht Spriggan this week-end. This is a really big budget anime judging by the high quality animation

And to my biggest surprise, this anime was based on the graphic novel published by Viz comic under the name "Striker" in the state.

spriggan is completely awesome. has anyone seen ghost sweeper mikami? i am going to buy that ASAP.

gearhound1
07-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Anybody knows any funny manga like DIGI-CHARAT or IKETERU FUTARI? :big smile

IF YOU WANT TO TRULY LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF, WATCH GTO(great teacher onizuka). it really is very good, and it is probably the funniest anime out.

gearhound1
07-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Has anybody seen the animation of .HACK? Right now i'm watching them it sure good my RPG blood boiling!

I also got a few episode of Star ocean
and soon i'll get my hands on Spirited away, this animation is soooo lets say typical Miyazaki ! I also found the animation of Nausicaa ..and i was just reading the graphic-novel of this title!
Sister princess is also very funny and anybody here seen FLCL or FURIE KURIE?
I heard it's a very weird (in a good way) Manga! Anybody got info on this one?

I've also seen HELLSING! wow ..all i have to say is INCOGNITO that guy is freaky! And ofcourse ALUCARD is the best or should i say ARUCARDA ! But does anybody here knows if there's more than 13 episode?

So what anime are you people watching these days?

no, there are only 4 volumes. the box is pretty sweet.

hgblob
07-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by gearhound
IF YOU WANT TO TRULY LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF, WATCH GTO(great teacher onizuka). it really is very good, and it is probably the funniest anime out.

I disagree. I'd say Azumanga Daioh is more deserving of the title of funniest anime out :)

gearhound1
07-27-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by hgblob
I disagree. I'd say Azumanga Daioh is more deserving of the title of funniest anime out :)

never heard of it...what is it about?

Alucard
07-27-2003, 03:45 AM
Heres my list of the few animes I've seen recently that actually made an impression on me.

This one was a year or so back but worth watching, Ippo. I forget the full name. Bout a kid called Ippo who becomes a boxer. Action/comedy. Theres a ps2 game based off it called Victorious Boxers.

Last Exile is very new and just GORGEOUS. Sort of reminds me of a mix between Skies of Arcadia and heavy influences of Legend of the Galactic heroes. Sky combat with fleets of ships. Its VERY cool.

And Naruto is just too funny. Bout a kid called Naruto who is training to be a ninja in a village of ninjas and stuff. Action comedy, but very cool. First story arc is good, but the second one is where everything really gets cool. Thats the big tournament just so you know.

There you go. ARUCARDO'S tips.

hgblob
07-27-2003, 10:21 AM
never heard of it...what is it about?

Azumanga Daioh the anime is a relatively recent series. Originally, AD was a comic strip -- the four panels variety -- done by Azuma Kiyohiko. Most people who've read the strip compare it to Charles Schultz's (sp?) Peanuts series. AD first appeared as an anime in the form of a 6-minute trailer-sized 'movie' that was shown just before Sakura Taisen: the Movie in Japanese cinemas.

Anyway, AD is about a group of girls and their days in high school. Compared to most anime high school girls, the girls in Azumanga Daioh are normal. Well... mostly normal :) There's nothing super-powered, demonic, robotic, or hentai about the series. It's just about the girls and the friendship they develop through their 3 years of high school.

There are a couple of nice sites about AD here:
Azumanga Daioh anime episode guide, character + cast list, and FAQ (http://www.xerez.demon.co.uk/anime/azumanga/)

and:
WONDERLAND (http://schala.net/azu/)

Alucard
07-27-2003, 11:23 AM
The first 2 episodes of A.D. feel rather crusty cause all they really are is bits of the 4 panel comic strips put together and animated. Just doesn't have a good feel and just seems much too skippy. The rest though is excellent as it actually feels like a normal anime series.

ATMA
07-27-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
This one was a year or so back but worth watching, Ippo. I forget the full name. Bout a kid called Ippo who becomes a boxer. Action/comedy. Theres a ps2 game based off it called Victorious Boxers.

There's also one on the GBA wich is developed by Treasure wich I just happend to have..that game just kicks ass and the full name of the serie is "Hajimi no Ippo the fighting" ( If i'm correct)
The game is amazing very fast button smashing game, yet you have to have strategies in order to win. Fun game nontheless, I heard it's even more fun when you hook 2 GBAs with eachother and play the versus mode. It's a nice game.

Kojiro Hyuga
07-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Anyone saw She- The Ultimate weapon??? Here I am repeating myself, but I really want to share with someone the joy of watching this breathtaking anime. One word- Memorable!

gearhound1
07-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Kojiro Hyuga
Anyone saw She- The Ultimate weapon??? Here I am repeating myself, but I really want to share with someone the joy of watching this breathtaking anime. One word- Memorable!

i tried to find that online, but couldn't. what is the exact title?

Nem
07-27-2003, 08:46 PM
wow i cant believe ive nerver posted in this thread since im such a anime maniac:D !

Well heres what im enjoying now:

Naruto - duh! yeah its that obvious (no one can tell after seeing my avatar:D )! Oh and im also hooked into the manga on this one very good stuff!!

Gumdam Seed - well its the new Gundam; cant say much since i only started watching it yeaterday but i can already tell its pretty good stuff

Ghost in the Shell SAC - well... its Ghost in the shell... i guess you can see what its worth just by that (incredible quality)!

Wolfs Rain - great anime where the main characters are wolfs that can change into human form, and story about a tale that the last of the wolfs will open the path to paradise! (hard to get on the net now since it got licensed)

Im also watching the final episodes of .hack SIGN and Sonic X since im a great Sonic fan!
Also on a speacial note i advise everyone to whatch "Cowboy bebop: Knocking on heavens doors" (movie) cause i find this one to be one of the best if not the best anime movie ever mande (in my opinion)!

Kojiro Hyuga
07-27-2003, 09:37 PM
i tried to find that online, but couldn't. what is the exact title?

I've got the DVD, but its from Hong Kong, so probably its not out there yet, but the title writen in the box is really "She, the ultimate weapon". If you can find it, Gearhound - even if fansub- do get it!

aneep
08-01-2003, 03:17 AM
my update

just watched GITS SAC until ep. 12, good stuff, ep 2 was quite gory, Motoko depiction is quite incocnsistent though, in one ep. where she is with her two ahem "partners" (those who read the english manga won't notice this two girls since their part was completely left out in the english version manga, cut by the request of Shirow sensei so the manga would not get and 18+ rating) her face looks bad, but she's cute again in ep. 10

Last Exile is very beautiful, the story is nice too, last ep. watched was ep. 7
those who likes fantasy setting a la Crimson Skies should watch this

now watching St. Luminious High School, kind like a Detective Kindaichi story, but now at Ep. 7 and still no suspect(s) in sight

Matantei Loki Ragnarok, was quite bleh IMO, but it have characters based on Norse myth, which i like, oh well have to continue watching it

heh, Azumanga rocks! both the anime and the 4 panel strips (which i read first before they made the anime)
those who like this, search for the manga Yatsubato, by the same mangaka, with a Chiyo-chan look a like :)
fun stuff

SHE i can't watched past ep. 1, too sappy for my taste, maybe i'll try again in a couple of years

-aneep-

Kojiro Hyuga
08-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by aneep
my update

SHE i can't watched past ep. 1, too sappy for my taste, maybe i'll try again in a couple of years

-aneep-

That was my exact reaction, Aneep. Do yourself a favour has an anime fan... At least watch 3 more episodes...:( Then make your judgement... (i'd sugest you to watch untill number 9, but I believe you'll get the "feel" of it by episode 3 or 4:D )

ATMA
08-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Here's a trailer you MUST see.

Ghost in the shell:Innocence (http://kokaku.kidotai.free.fr/share/Innocence-Promo.mpg)

Looks mindblowing indeed. Mamoru Oshii ownzzz :D

hgblob
08-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Here's a trailer you MUST see.

Ghost in the shell:Innocence (http://kokaku.kidotai.free.fr/share/Innocence-Promo.mpg)

Looks mindblowing indeed. Mamoru Oshii ownzzz :D

I downloaded a trailer from here:

http://users.pandora.be/onderhond/innocence_promo.rar

This one starts with Batou driving, getting out of his car, talks to some guy, and finally fights a female robot. Is this the same trailer as the one from your link?

flamingspiral
08-07-2003, 10:16 PM
It's funny how I've been here for over a year and still haven't posted in this thread, ever.

Anyway, that Ghost in the Shell trailer was pretty interesting. Batou looks a lot older in this one. When does this one come out, or is it already out?

hgblob
08-08-2003, 02:27 AM
Innocence will be out Summer 2004, I think.

ATMA
08-08-2003, 08:21 AM
In Japan that is.

Hgblob: I think your trailer is longer and I think your trailer is complete,this one just stop when Batou kicks the female robot and she slams against a wall.

Jules: Because of that it will cost you one tentacle :D

hgblob
08-08-2003, 11:51 AM
In Japan that is.

Hgblob: I think your trailer is longer and I think your trailer is complete,this one just stop when Batou kicks the female robot and she slams against a wall.

Actually, the one I downloaded from Onderhond's site also ended when she hit the wall. Sounds like they're both the same, then.

flamingspiral
08-08-2003, 07:51 PM
No ... NO! I will not give away my "precious". :)

Speaking of which, has there been any annoucements concerning if there will be any characters added, or taken out? I'm kind of interested in hearing what this next Ghost in the Shell is about.

ATMA
08-09-2003, 07:39 AM
I really don't know a thing about the story, i'm collecting the comics though that's been published by Dark Horse right now. I think they kept all the info secret and just gonna suprise everybody when it gets out. I just hope it's longer than the first one.

gearhound1
08-09-2003, 10:43 PM
i just purchased samurai deeper KYO with box and KAI DOH MARU(from blood: the last vampire and ghost in the shell creators). i have not watched them yet, but i know they are going to KICK ASS!!!

flamingspiral
08-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Maybe a few people can help me in the predicament I'm in. I'm not relatively new to anime, been watching it for years, for just resently, I've been taking more interest in anime and have been buying more of it. There are a few anime I've had my eye on now, but have mixed feeling on whether or not I should get it.

I've heard quite a few good things about Hellsing, which is about a guy trying to rid the city of vampires (or something). Is this any good? I'm really into the violent and action type animes, (gore and extreme voilence I like) and I hear this purchase would surely be worth it.

How about Record of Lodoss War? Is this any good. I, just like Hellsing, plan on purchasing the entire collection in one purchase. Would this be an enjoyable purchase?

A few others I'm considering are Jin-Roh, Perfect Blue, Berserk, Vampire Hunter D, and when I have enough money, possibly Neon Genesis Evangelion, which I hear is selling for around 130 (for the whole collection at once, prefect collection). Would anyone consider these admirable purchases?

gearhound1
08-09-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Jules
Maybe a few people can help me in the predicament I'm in. I'm not relatively new to anime, been watching it for years, for just resently, I've been taking more interest in anime and have been buying more of it. There are a few anime I've had my eye on now, but have mixed feeling on whether or not I should get it.

I've heard quite a few good things about Hellsing, which is about a guy trying to rid the city of vampires (or something). Is this any good? I'm really into the violent and action type animes, (gore and extreme voilence I like) and I hear this purchase would surely be worth it.

How about Record of Lodoss War? Is this any good. I, just like Hellsing, plan on purchasing the entire collection in one purchase. Would this be an enjoyable purchase?

A few others I'm considering are Jin-Roh, Perfect Blue, Berserk, Vampire Hunter D, and when I have enough money, possibly Neon Genesis Evangelion, which I hear is selling for around 130 (for the whole collection at once, prefect collection). Would anyone consider these admirable purchases?

hey jules. i own the hellsing collection, and just let me say, it is very, very cool and loaded with style. the main character's name is alucard(or arucard), and he is the main weapon of the hellsing org bent on protecting the mortal world from tainted vampires. hellsing is one of my favorites. berserk is very good as well.

lodoss wars is a very good series. jin-roh, vampire hunter d and vampire hunter d: bloodlust, all kick ass. envangelion i have yet to see, but it is really supposed to be the greatest series ever released. berserk is completely awesome. everything you listed, you should enjoy.:cool guy:

flamingspiral
08-10-2003, 12:48 AM
From what I've been hearing, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is better than the first one. Would it be a bad choice to skip the first one and go directly into the second one? Would I miss much?

gearhound1
08-10-2003, 01:13 AM
From what I've been hearing, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is better than the first one. Would it be a bad choice to skip the first one and go directly into the second one? Would I miss much?

i think you should see the first one, then go to bloodlust and see the difference in animation quality. bloodlust is really amazing, and it is better than the first one.

Alucard
08-10-2003, 02:47 AM
While the animation of the second Vampire Hunter D movie is very top notch, the first movie is still way superior to it in terms of story and character development. In the first one you learn alot about ...ahem...Alucard. In the second the main character just feels pasted in. To me at least. Did not like his supporting cast either.

Berserk ownz. Lodoss OWNZ! Just remember Lodoss isn't all that new, so the animation you see in it was excellent for when it came out.

Drunken Savior
08-10-2003, 04:26 AM
I don watch much anime anymore, but I did pick up both Vampire Hunter D and Bloodlust. Though Bloodlust isn't as good as the first, it's a whole lot more visually appealing. If you could take the look of D and apply it to the story of D, you'd have one of the greatest animated productions I have ever seen.

flamingspiral
08-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Out of Record of Lodoss War - The Complete Series (Collector's Edition) and Record of Lodoss War - Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (Complete Series), which one is better?

gearhound1
08-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Out of Record of Lodoss War - The Complete Series (Collector's Edition) and Record of Lodoss War - Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (Complete Series), which one is better?

i have seen about half of chronicles, but i have not seen the complete series. i, personally, would like to have both of them.

Alucard
08-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Ones an OAV series, about 12-13 eps long, and the other is a tv series, over 20. I prefer the OAV series. It was out first and is just so much cooler.

aneep
08-15-2003, 05:27 AM

my opinion
Hellsing rocks!very stylish, the storyline is so so towards the end but if u want style, this anime define style
Jin Roh only if u like Mamoru Oshii's movies, they slow, but its good if u want to think abit when watching your anime (for the record, heh i'm not sure how many times i have said this, i like Oshii's movies other than Angel's Egg which goes way over my head, no dialogues for 20 mi :|)
Perfect Blue, haven't watched, heard good things about it
Berserk is one of my fav anime of all times, all the characters are wonderfully realised, good fighting scenes, all around good stuff
i really hope somebody would do a massive game al a Dynasty Warriors or KUF Crusaders with the Berserk setting
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust was quite stylish as well, it was okay IMO, better than the 1st (i stress IMO since the 1st had really crappy dub, which destroys it for me for some part), but for an action anime, i think Ninja Scroll is better (oldie but goodie)
NGE, heh, won't comment, since i haven't watched it and probably won't until i stopped hearing ppl praising it so much

how big is the new GITS trailer? i can't seem to completely download it, any other sources?

woohoo, new GITS, can't wait (GITS was my 1st anime that i bought, so has a special sentimental value for it, not to mention i love Shirow's stuff)

Lodoss War, have been putting this anime (both AVAs and TV) on the to watch list for quite some time, but never got around to watch it

-aneep-

Alucard
08-15-2003, 09:05 AM
You lot seriously need to get used to getting subbed anime. Sure you read more, but the japanese voices do SO much more for the characters then majority of the dubs out there.

ATMA
08-15-2003, 09:26 AM
I have no idea how big that trailer is aneep, too bad you can't see it. It's a nice one and i'm sure you won't regret to see it. And sorry I don't have other source.

You lot seriously need to get used to getting subbed anime. Sure you read more, but the japanese voices do SO much more for the characters then majority of the dubs out there

You got that right.. matter of fact all the anime i've seen are way better with Japanese voices and even in games you can find this.

Robo Halloween
08-16-2003, 01:07 PM
While the animation of the second Vampire Hunter D movie is very top notch, the first movie is still way superior to it in terms of story and character development. In the first one you learn alot about ...ahem...Alucard. In the second the main character just feels pasted in. To me at least. Did not like his supporting cast either.

What does Alucard have to do with D? I saw half of the first movie but never finished it.

::possible spoiler::

Is D...Alucard himself!?

::end::

I'm waiting for the Trigun, Berserker, and Hellsing manga this fall.

Perfect Blue is just disturbing. If you're into rapist fanboys and chubby psycho women attacking pop stars with umbrellas, then do watch it.

aneep
08-17-2003, 07:38 AM
rapist fanboys? 1st time i heard about those...

anyway, yeah i watched most animes subbed, its just that i never found vampire hunter d subbed (the original, not bloodlust)
then again bloodlust dubbed wasn't that bad
ghost in the shell (movie) wasn't badly dubbed either (yeah i 've watched both version, sub and dub)

-aneep-

vherub
08-18-2003, 02:13 PM
hellsing is solid, and one of the few times where dubbing significantly improves enjoyment, it takes place in a slightly alternate england, and the english voice actors are almost all excellent and more fitting, the animation is movie-quality and the music does great service to the series (the end theme is performed by mr. big- yes the same one you're probably thinking of- and does start to grow on you)
and arucard is an awesome character you will not soon forget

the entire series is worth purchasing (the box if you get the set is sturdy but there are no added bonuses beyond what is included on the 4 discs, 13 episodes)

also jin roh was a great piece of pyschological chess that warrants a look, perfect blue is flawed and overrated imo

Nem
08-19-2003, 04:51 PM
i just posted to give a little info about the anime "She the ultimate weapon" that was talked about in this thread previously! The japanese name of the series is "Saishuuheiki_Kanojo" and its available on animesuki for those that are interested!

Thats all! Please proceed:D

Kojiro Hyuga
08-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Nem
i just posted to give a little info about the anime "She the ultimate weapon" that was talked about in this thread previously! The japanese name of the series is "Saishuuheiki_Kanojo" and its available on animesuki for those that are interested!

Thats all! Please proceed:D

Once again...... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!:D

spider-prime
08-31-2003, 12:18 AM
how many of you are into Giant Robot animes like I am :D

and who here picked up MAZINKAISER on dvd on last tuesday, I love Mazinkaiser

but Mazinkaiser OVA - Mazinkaiser Vs Ankou Kou Dai Shogun is alot better :D

NOTHING BEATS THAT MOVIE! w00t

Tubro Smasher PUNCH!!!

Alucard
08-31-2003, 06:19 AM
I'm a huge robot anime whore. Ones like Giant Robo and any Macross/Gundam thing is excellent. MY all time favourite is Voltes V. Oh the joy that anime brings me...

ATMA
08-31-2003, 07:55 AM
Ya'll know when it comes to giant robots no one can beat .....

GEKIGANGER (from Nadesico)

:D

Anyways just bought Jin-Roh ..finally! Still have to see it though and also I bought "Haibane-Renmei" wich if i'm correct is made by the same people who made "Lain".

flamingspiral
08-31-2003, 11:57 AM
You lot seriously need to get used to getting subbed anime. Sure you read more, but the japanese voices do SO much more for the characters then majority of the dubs out there.

I have the subbed version of Ghost in the Shell, which I thoughtfully enjoyed. I have to read more, and it bothers me when they speak faster than I can read, but after watching it a few times, I can say I easily enjoyed the watch, and the reading, and understood the storyline on a more stable level.

suronosuke
08-31-2003, 09:19 PM
hey anyone seen 3x3 eyes this is what got me into anime. i think i watched that somewhere in the early 90`s, was aired on tv here in the uk. its a classic you all should watch it.

my personal recommendation right now would be scryed.
and if u do watch anime enable english sub with jap audio...dubbing is just gay and takes out some of the enjoyment of the anime.if u been watching anime for a while u would understand what i mean.

well enjoy your anime jaa naa

spider-prime
09-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Ya'll know when it comes to giant robots no one can beat .....

GEKIGANGER (from Nadesico)

:D

Anyways just bought Jin-Roh ..finally! Still have to see it though and also I bought "Haibane-Renmei" wich if i'm correct is made by the same people who made "Lain".

pfftt hehe, Geki is just a huge copy of Mazinger Z and Getter Robo put together :D

but yeah Gekiganger RULES!

GEKIEN FLAREEEE!!

I recently ordered for Zambot 3 on dvd w00t, can't wait to get it

ZAA ZAA ZAA ZAA ZAA

aneep
09-03-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by suronosuke
hey anyone seen 3x3 eyes this is what got me into anime. i think i watched that somewhere in the early 90`s, was aired on tv here in the uk. its a classic you all should watch it.

my personal recommendation right now would be scryed.
and if u do watch anime enable english sub with jap audio...dubbing is just gay and takes out some of the enjoyment of the anime.if u been watching anime for a while u would understand what i mean.

well enjoy your anime jaa naa

i like 3x3 very much (the artstyle)

haven't seen the anime yet, but read the manga (not finished yet)
the manga run is over in japan though, hoping they would do a full series of it

scryed, hmm, interesting, but rather formulaic

-aneep-

suronosuke
09-04-2003, 02:41 AM
hey to the mecha freaks i think there is a new version getter manga maybe i m wrong its called "shin-getter vs neo-getter"

p.s i hate mecha animes except evengelion (i dont consider that to be mecha)

any neo-ranga freaks out there? cha cha cha ranga yaa ranga soo ranga moo sorai ba duroo kita maat ram ( pls excuse me i think m losein my head)

spider-prime
09-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Neo Getter vs Shin Getter is a few years old now

the new getter robo manga is Getter Robo Ark

which I have been looking for, but no luck :(

but Eva are Mecha, just not giant robots, Mecha is just a term for mechaism and since they do have those in them, they are Mecha

like Megaman is Mecha, Astroboy is Mecha, Mazinger Z is mecha

Casshaan Robot Hunter is Mecha

and I love Neo Ranga, I'm up to vol 3 on DVD, and its awesome, I can't wait to see how Ranga beats that dead god :D

Escaflowne2001
09-04-2003, 12:16 PM
HI!! just discovered this part of the forum :P

Anyone here seen "Shaman King" 'tis an excellent show very dark towards the end. About a 13-year old boy who can connect with ghosts and must battle other shaman with the same power to become the shaman king.

IT IS better then it sounds. :)

Vegetto
09-05-2003, 01:07 AM
no really though, shaman king is a must see, it just plain rocks, anyone who gets shonen jump will agree with me

Magnus
09-05-2003, 04:07 AM
Just wondering if anyone else here has watched Star Ocean EX. Ive watched a couple of episodes and I thought that it was pretty good, it stuck to Star Ocean Second Story's plot really well. If anyone else has watched it, does it continue to stick to the plot or just end up drifting off?

Escaflowne2001
09-05-2003, 06:09 AM
Yeah it pretty much follows the story closely apart from the endings abit different. :(

spider-prime
09-05-2003, 01:18 PM
I haven't seen Shaman king, but my friends who watch it said it was really good

right now I'm just finishing up watching Soul Hunter, Giant Robo, Princess Nine, Zanbot 3 and its not anime but its cooler, Kamen Rider 555

HENSHIN! :D