Drunken Savior
05-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Just for ****s n giggles here's what I'm running:
733 MhZ G4 PowerPC
1024 MB SDRAM
Radeon 8500 with 64 MB Ram
CD-RW/DVD Drive
Apple OS 10.2.6

So I recently acquired a certain new movie, which I was told was in VCD format. I was under the impression that VCD was .mpg format, and that virtually any player I have (Quicktime, VLC, Mplayer, but not Real) could play it. However, here is the package contents:
ctp-mr1.bin
ctp-mr1.cue
ctp-mr2.bin
ctp-mr2.cue
ctp-mr3.bin
ctp-mr3.cue

I know it's a 3 set SVCD, (I'll let you figure out what "MR" stands for ;) ) but I can't figure out how to burn them onto a CD, or better yet, encode them into Divx, thus saving a boatload of space. As is, the six files are 2.2 GB big, which I don't mind, but sharing it is out of the question unless we have a physical connection. To burn, I use Toast Titanium 5.1.3.

Any help?

Rubeus
05-22-2003, 12:39 AM
Those are CD images! I am not sure what program you use to extract the files inside CD images under Mac, but if it is Windows, you can just programs like ISOBuster or WINISO to extract the CD image. If you want to burn them into CDs, you can use CDRWIN or DiscJuggler.

VCD movies are in *.DAT extension, you need to copy the *.DAT file out of the MPEGAV directory in the CD.

The *.DAT file is just an MPEG file with extra data appended at the end, for simplicity you can try to rename the DAT file to MPG and view it in any movie player.

3nigma
05-22-2003, 07:33 PM
use fireburner or goldenhawks CDrwin to burn bin/cue files

if you dont have fireburner or cdrwin...other way is to open the bin/cue with isobuster (isobuster.com) and extract the mpg file (svcd) or dat file (VCD). dat files are basically mpg files...then use nero to create a vcd/svcd

*edit* oh yea...look for something called daemon-tools. its a program that loads bin/cue files and emulates a cdrom drive and u can play the bin/cue files without extracting them

just realized ur using a mac...only one i know that supports mac is vcdgear...try that