PDA

View Full Version : any ideas too help xbox?>

hootie17
06-02-2002, 09:37 PM
i figured xbox, though i don't liek it, if gates could see this, we could give him some ideas on how to improve his console, which has a lot more potential than it's worth.

1. as far as i kno there are NO named characters, people didn't liek nintendo, they lieked mario, the could identify the character, thats what made the game(s) more enjoyable, u were able to follow him threw his adventures and u always were able to wrk with the same character, and eventually gave some loyalty to him/her, the same thing kind of with the ps and crash, u were able to follow the char threw the games.

2. basically adding on to the first, when xbox came out with mad dash raceing, they prob expected major sales from that, mainly because of the sales of CTR and mario kart, but that is mainly b/c of the fact that those sales reflected those for the previous games, and people who had that kind of loyalty to the games, kept the "juices flowing".

any other ideas or thougts, u know where to put them.

Overlord
06-03-2002, 12:53 AM
The price cut was a good idea for us consumers. But it will hurt them. Though it might help them in the long run. They don't really have any big names on thier consoles right now. They're trying to start new series, like Blinx. And there are some good games coming out for it. As long as they market it well, to the right audience, they should be ok.

Black Sugar
06-03-2002, 09:44 AM
the X-Box need a mascot, a character or a really unique game where the comsummer can relate to the X-Box console.

Remember how the Sega Genesis sale uprise when they create Sonic. same thing goes for Crash Bandicoot or FFVII.

Until now, they only have ported games, and as good as they can be, they are still ported games

typexig
06-03-2002, 03:27 PM
.. they really do need a mascot.. that new game called Blinx looks pretty good. i think they'll use that cat as their mascot..they need more original games.they have $2billion to spend, so why not make use of it and make new and original games and not ports from other consoles. . they also need alot more japanese game developerz..they can also use the girls from DoA as their mascots!!...=)

-Xig-

Black Sugar
06-03-2002, 04:55 PM
aren't already have ^-^!

well, when Tecmo was annoucing a new game featuring girls from dead or alive , i was hoping a action-adventure game with Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) and Ayame since they seem to share some kind of bond .

As for the mascot discussion , D0A will always be the game who's been port from the PSX to the X-box.

They need a new, exclusive game with a cool characters (something that PS2 seem to only have)

Vicviper
06-03-2002, 05:53 PM
Well the Xbox does need help. I don't have an Xbox and the only reason I'm starting to seriously look at buying one is because of Sega alone. Of the 5 games that I would buy for that system 3 of them are made by Sega. Those 3 games are Jet Set Radio Future, Gun Valkyrie and the coming Panzer Dragoon Orta. I mean if Sega was still in the hardware business I would be in pure gaming heaven with these 3 games and the 2 Monkey Ball games and Rez and Shenmue 2 etc, etc all on the DC. That would have been sweet but now I am almost forced to buy an Xbox because of the first 3 games I listed.

WINDJAMMERS
06-03-2002, 06:24 PM
I know it's tempting Vic, but after their exclusive lisence agreement runs out, Sega might port the games around.

Black Sugar
06-03-2002, 06:28 PM
lol.. all thoses games you just mention, they all coming on the PS2 and GC later my man. All these games are made by Smilebit (sub-dept of sega) And theSmilebit president clearly say: our games aren't forever exclusive for to X-box.

The only reason why you don't hear much, Microsoft made a contract with them so they would said anything until this is over.

hootie17
06-03-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Black Bahamut
the X-Box need a mascot, a character or a really unique game where the comsummer can relate to the X-Box console.

Remember how the Sega Genesis sale uprise when they create Sonic. same thing goes for Crash Bandicoot or FFVII.

Until now, they only have ported games, and as good as they can be, they are still ported games

if u read my post that is exactly what i was trying to say.

Vicviper
06-04-2002, 01:04 AM
God I hope you guys are correct. The last thing I want to do is support MS in the home console realm. I mean I obviously do it with my PC but thats a different. If Sega will port these games to PS2 and/or GC then I will wait.
Do you guys have any idea on how long we would have to wait?
1-2 years would be my guess but.......?

Vicviper
06-04-2002, 01:17 AM
This is wierd. I posted a reply and it's not showing up. Sorry if there are 2 now!

Anyways, I hope you guys are correct. I would most likely wait for Sega to port these games to GC or PS2 if it's within a 2 year time frame. I mean that's asking a lot for someone to wait!!!

Black Sugar
06-04-2002, 07:45 AM
I don't really know, but my guess would be for 2003 (at least for JSRF and GunValkyrie) As for those new games such as Panzer Dragon Orta, don't even start thinking about it yet ^-^!