PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons...... ONLINE!!!

Renegade X
05-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Just when you though Middle Earth and The Matrix.... ONLINE was enough, think again... the granddaddy of RPGs, Dungeons and Dragons is going..... ONLINE... No more sitting at your computer playing alone with D&D based games folks, now the D&D community is coming to your PC, thanks to Turbine (Middle Earth, Asheron's Call 1 and 2) dropped the bomb today on GameSpy LiveWire. Personally all I can say is... WOOOHOOOO!!!

Alucard
05-16-2003, 03:30 AM
At the moment I'm more interested in Middle Earth, since that is the ancestor of the grand daddy. But I definately want to see more on the D&D game. I loved playing that stuff.

Renegade X
05-16-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
At the moment I'm more interested in Middle Earth, since that is the ancestor of the grand daddy. But I definately want to see more on the D&D game. I loved playing that stuff.

After listening to GameSpy LiveWire , I am going to pass up on Middle Earth, it's one of those Mircosoft MMORPGs that only gives you a bite size of the content at time while expecting you to pay full price for the service.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Hmm.. but what about Neverwinter Nights? That's online already? How is this going to top that? Is it going to be first person then? I'll probably pass...

Renegade X
05-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Hmm.. but what about Neverwinter Nights? That's online already? How is this going to top that? Is it going to be first person then? I'll probably pass...

Thats not really true D&D, it's inspired by AD&D and uses the rules but thats where it ends. Also it's more single player focus this is a pure multiplayer game.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah I understand all of that.

Except the part where you say "pure multiplayer game"... how so? Pure pay-to-play MMORPG? Screw that then.

Who's developing it? Turbine?

I'm not holding my breath...