PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 2

Alucard
05-13-2003, 03:05 AM
Thats right, we WILL be getting it this year! Oh happy days. Definately one of my other favourite characters ever made.

Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is proud to announce Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne, the next installment in the blockbuster Max Payne franchise.
Developed by Remedy Entertainment, Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne for the PC is expected to hit retail shelves Fall 2003.

When Max Payne debuted in July 2001 as an award-winning, best-selling PC game, it revolutionized the action genre with its cinematic combat sequences fueled by the groundbreaking use of slow motion and compulsive narrative-driven gameplay. Later that year, console audiences were equally impressed by the stylish, urban, revenge-driven story of a fugitive cop with nothing to lose and Max Payne went on to achieve "Greatest Hits" status on PlayStation 2 and "Platinum Hits" recognition on Xbox. Now, the highly anticipated Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne for the PC will be unveiled to an extremely select audience by invitation only at this year's E3.

Details regarding the release of the console versions of Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne will be made available at a later date.

So much for that rumoured PS2 exclusive crap. Makes me happy.

http://www.voodooextreme.com/

Nindalf
05-13-2003, 04:59 AM
This is one of the best things that came from finland... and i need sone patriotism after this years ice hockey disaster.

ScornedGod
05-13-2003, 07:32 AM
:o Bah, who cares? Max Payne wasn't that great IMO. Take out bullet time and it would be merely good. It was helped by the cool story tho :2happy:

Alucard
05-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Thats the reason why it was great. Because of bullet time and because of the excellent story, which alot of games just dont have lately. Why take out features that make it good? Might aswell take out the ability to kill people in Vice City, or the ability to hide and be stealthy in shadows for Splinter Cell.

ScornedGod
05-13-2003, 08:37 AM
I meant that the core gameplay was just basically the same as most games in its genre. Bullet time didn't do enough IMO to lift it to classic/excellent status. A great game should redifine the gameplay and bullet time was but an amusing gimmick - and i was counting the story when i said it was good.:P

insteefy
05-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Story was great yes..

But it was a bit over-hyped, and thats why i probly dislike it..

Seska
05-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Bullet time was hardly a gimmick, it was essential to the gameplay, it aided you in getting out of one-man-vs-a-crowd situations. It let you dodge bullets. It kept you alive.

Whats a good example of Bullet time used as a gimmick? Enter The Matrix. Take away the "focus" skill and you still have the same dull game. Max Payne oozed gritty style, cool characters, a gripping storyline and tight gameplay. Its only fault was that it was a rather short game.

Not too sure how I feel about Max Payne 2, unless it turns out that the alst boss of MP1 wasnt the one behind his wife's death. Avenging that death with no regard for his own life was Max' driving force. Take that away and he's just another cop on the beat.

mackensie
05-13-2003, 12:27 PM
indeed, the so bad its good plot needs to be present for max payne. It was an Excellent game in my eyes, the fit and finish was astounding. Bullet time was far from a gimmick imo, it was essential to playing the game. I.e. is the flute in Zelda just a gimmick?

ScornedGod
05-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Yeah well I played it after I had read alot about it, and played other games with 'slow mo matrix effects', so the feeling of WOW this is cool just wasn't there for me.
However I think that it was the first game to use the effect(or first decent game) , so those who played it straight-away propably got more out of it than me :P