PDA

View Full Version : Super Monkey Ball

oerjaN
04-18-2002, 01:48 PM
aah, soon launch here in europe for the GCN.

i would just like some opinoins on Super Monkey Ball cuz that
is the game i'll buy along with my GCN.

the game seems great! but the sales seems to have been poor.
anyone got it? and what do you think?

dvdjedi
04-18-2002, 04:26 PM
I love it! It's one of only 2 games that I have for my GCN (the other being Rogue Leader) and is insanely addictive, It is your typical Sega game:

*Very original
*Great fun
*Poor seller :(

Sega is my favorite game company & have already released great games for all 3 systems: Super Monkey Ball on GCN, Virtua Fighter 4 on PS2, & Jet Set Radio Future on Xbox.

Back on subject, GET SUPER MONKEY BALL!

You won't regret it. :)

Sabin
04-18-2002, 05:22 PM
I've played it a lot and it's really fun and great! A must have for a Gamecube-owner! That's the game that I just could buy the Gamecube for! I really mean it.

The expertmode is so difficult that you're gonna get completly mad! I've played the eight or ninth course many many times but the last curve is so bloody damn hard that I just want to scream loudly and long! ARGH!!!

So finally, if you buy a Gamecube then the Super Monkey Ball is a must-have-game!

Pdaimaoh
04-18-2002, 07:20 PM
the mini games rock, too!

it's a solid purchase!
besides, don't EVER, PLEASE, ever base your decision to buy a game or not buy one on the SALES of the game!

you will get screwed out of a lot of money and you will miss out on a lot of games

if it looks cool to YOU, give it a try!

Yai
04-18-2002, 07:27 PM
I don't own a cube myself but I've played the game for hours on my friends cube. I never though I would become so addicted to a game that has no real purpose.

oerjaN
04-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Pdaimaoh
the mini games rock, too!

it's a solid purchase!
besides, don't EVER, PLEASE, ever base your decision to buy a game or not buy one on the SALES of the game!

you will get screwed out of a lot of money and you will miss out on a lot of games

if it looks cool to YOU, give it a try!

good point! but i don't judge games by sales :)

thanks for your opinions dudes, now i'm even more excited about
the upcoming launch!! :D

i've always loved Sega games too, like dvdjedi, there's some-
thing about Sega games that noone else can do!

Dubkiller
04-18-2002, 08:06 PM
I heard it sold quite well in NA when the GC launched. This is one game that I wish was multi-console, but I'll guess it'll be one of the first games I pick up whenever I get around to getting myself a Gamcube.

Vicviper
04-19-2002, 01:53 PM
Yes buy this game when you have the chance. There are so many different types of Monkey games that you will NEVER get bored.

I think Monkey Target is my favorite.

Zanzaki
04-20-2002, 10:38 AM
Monkey Ball is a really really good game, probably the best launch title, teh minigames are also great.

Kid0_oIcarus
04-21-2002, 04:46 PM
Great game, love it, love it!

The only faults with it, is that once you've beaten the main game (Expert, all mini-games, unlimited continues) the re-playability of said main game is really shot (unless you're like me.. trying to get "Master")

But the party and mini games rock! Absolute blast.

They should've had more stages for said min/party games though..

Nothing is perfect- but what's in the box is fun fun fun!

Buy it!!!

FRDrizzt
04-22-2002, 07:41 PM
Sega makes a lot of weird games that are like the description given above, fun with "no real purpose". Rez is exactly like that as well.

Pdaimaoh
04-23-2002, 12:05 AM
for more minigame fun, don't miss out on the sequel, coming soon to a Gamecube near you!

Shoryu
04-23-2002, 12:47 PM
this game is funny !! :cool:

FRDrizzt
04-23-2002, 06:35 PM
Sanba de Amigo? What game is that (referring to Shoryu's pic)

Shoryu
04-24-2002, 07:48 AM
FRDrizzt the answer is in a thread called 'Samba Samba' i didn't want to make a new thread i clicked the wrong button sorry

Kid0_oIcarus
04-24-2002, 01:49 PM
Super Monkey Ball 2.. can't wait. Monkey Soccer!? w00t!

Iori
04-26-2002, 01:22 AM
Isn't it a little too fast for Sega to push out Super Monkey ball 2? SMB1 is not even out for 1 year!

Pdaimaoh
04-26-2002, 08:37 PM
only slow people have not had their time with super monkey ball
those of us that supported it right off the bat have had our time with it, and now demand MORE! MORE I SAY!!!!!

MOOOOORRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got it?
more.

more of a good thing is always good until it kills you, and this will not kill you so it is as pure a form of good as the most pure form of good is pure....