PDA

View Full Version : ps2 bundle or price drop

TheHardware
05-08-2003, 12:20 AM
huge rumor

Reported by psm online

Network Adapter bundle on the way?
April 18: Here's an interesting rumor I heard today, which may be confirmed come next month's E3 show. It seems that Sony may begin bundling Network Adapters with PlayStation 2 systems purchased later this year, at no additional cost. It will be interesting to see at E3 whether Sony announces a price drop (as many are expecting) or simply that the PS2 will stay at $199 but not only come with an NA, but also a bundled DVD remote, built-in infrared receiver, etc. Should be interesting.

damn does sony ever stop pouring on the pressure....

question..which do you guys think is better (for those that dont have a ps2 yet)....price drop or bundle....

ScornedGod
05-08-2003, 03:28 AM
Bundle, Sony should go the way Microsoft has (here at least) and throw in $300 worth of free stuff when you buy a console. This will bring in a huge amount of new users and bolster the online userbase :) :)

Zod
05-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Price drop and a bundle are good ideas. The PS/2 is the only console out now that's in the green, so it's in the best position to do both. The bundled network adaptor is an excellent idea. It'll help soften the blow when it comes to buying the HDD (assuming that's still coming out).

Seska
05-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Bundle/price drop rumors for any console around e3 time are always plentiful, so anything you hear I would take with a grain of salt. Though truthfully, a ps2 price drop is long overdue, considering that its been the longest on the market and the weakest, hardware-wise.

TheHardware
05-08-2003, 12:12 PM
i agree...i never thought about the possibility of a price drop and a bundle....hell i would buy another....make it my fourth ps2....but i still need the new model so....i dont mind

price drop and bundle price drop and bundle

typexig
05-08-2003, 02:46 PM
any body know's when theyre gonna release the new model of ps2 here in the US? i hope they do soon cuz i need a new ps2..lol..=)

-Xig-

MoMo
05-08-2003, 04:33 PM
why do u need a new one?

Renegade X
05-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Price drop ain't gonna happen... Gamespy had a interview with one of the big heads at Sony saying in a nutshell "We're still selling more systems than the GC and XBOX, so why should we drop the price??" Of course this could be one man's opinion.

DeathStroke
05-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Some sony rep said the same thing last year before a price drop.

TheHardware
05-09-2003, 12:50 AM
yeah sony wont drop the price..greedy bastards......heh heh...tis ok i will surrender two of my existing systems...or an xbox and a ps2 ...if anyone will take this xbox...heee heeee

typexig
05-09-2003, 01:59 AM
i need a new one cuz my ps2 wont read any of my games!!!, i havent played my ps2 for over 1 month now!..and im missing it, but i dont wanna buy a ps2 right now cuz i heard they were gonna release a new model that will be better. so i kinda wanna wait for that one, i dont really care if they do make a price drop ro not, all i care is the new model..hehe..=)

-Xig-

XzenoGear
05-09-2003, 06:36 AM
All of the consoles have been rumoured to drop.

Renegade X
05-09-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by XzenoGear
All of the consoles have been rumoured to drop.

Yeah, but Sony's the only one I think to come out and say something about it... or well one guy from Sony that is.

XzenoGear
05-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Well, thats good! because Sony, have not dropped the RRP for a while now.

Pilotwings
05-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by typexig
any body know's when theyre gonna release the new model of ps2 here in the US? i hope they do soon cuz i need a new ps2..lol..=)

-Xig-

i'm going have to buy a new ps2 soon as well. my current is dying. :crying:

TheHardware
05-11-2003, 06:01 PM
sony will most likey include a network adaptor or if they are smare...a hard drive........but i am sure something will happen....they will not let microsoft and nintendo get a jump on next year like that

and typxig....i think i read somewhere taht they will be realesing a device or download of some sort that reads the problems with your ps2 and why it doesnt read those discs......so look that up......