PDA

View Full Version : Squaresoft are they loosing it??Or it's all part of the plan??

ATMA
05-29-2002, 11:04 PM
After reading alot of messages about square remakes and why didn't we really heard something from them on E3 and the company lost a few million bucks!We just have to ask ourself is squaresoft loosing it??
feel free to share your thoughts!!

Overlord
05-29-2002, 11:22 PM
This is my 666 post!

And heres a pic I made(well edited anyway) in Photoshop. Sure there are some copyrighted issues, but thats beside the point. I didn't draw any of it. Just edited.

Here it is:

ATMA sells his soul! (http://images.prosperpoint.com/images/2536/127822-1.jpg)

Obviously, the last part doesn't blend in that well. Sorry for the big size(290KB), edited it very quickly.

Hope you like it.

ATMA
05-29-2002, 11:34 PM
LOLx99 times ..BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good way to make your 666 post!!You sure are very creative MM!!
LOL This is very funny..."I THOUGHT IT WAS A GAMECUBE" ...this is comedy!!"HE WAS LIKE A WILD ANIMAL" :D good one MM!!!keep it up !!

Overlord
05-29-2002, 11:47 PM
Now, back to the Square matter. No, they're not losing it. Just going through a tough time. FFXII is going to be Awesome. Best FF in history, maybe, hopefully. So, I won't vote right now. But I'll make my choice eventually.

DYNAMITE
05-30-2002, 09:35 AM
They made Millions on Software sales so there not losing it there i think there still feeling the ffects of the FF film flop.

Black Sugar
05-30-2002, 10:27 AM
I think square losing it after the making of FFVI.

Look at FFXI, this ain't the square Soft I used to know.

FFXII will be great only because Yasumi Matsuno will produce the game.

Iori
05-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Don't critize a game that you haven't play! Famitsu gave the game 38 / 40, it gotta be good, at least not as bad as you think!

FFXI is Square's first attempt in the online genre, you can't expect the game to remain the same look and feel like the past series.
Look at Phantasy Star Online, doesn't it look completely different from Phantasy Star 1 - 4?? How come nobody complain about it???

Black Sugar
05-30-2002, 11:29 AM
I got to admit that you're completly right.

But man... I don't know, It just doesn't feel like it's a Square soft game .
(Remid me of the FF movie...where can we relate ? They didn't even bother to put at a Moogle in it -.-....! )

WINDJAMMERS
05-30-2002, 01:58 PM
That movie had a terrible ending. Why did they even called it Final Fantasy? It didn't have anything to do with the series.

ATMA
05-30-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Iori
FFXI is Square's first attempt in the online genre, you can't expect the game to remain the same look and feel like the past series.
Look at Phantasy Star Online, doesn't it look completely different from Phantasy Star 1 - 4?? How come nobody complain about it???

If you put it this way i agree with you, we should give square a chance with the online game,that's true!!Even though i also got a strange feeling with FFXI just like FF the movie!Perhaps FFXI will feel different from what we used to from square!

But they lost alot of money because of the movie,and what if FFXI also goes bad?Will they survive another blow?Yep i know FFXI was sold out in Japan and they coulda sell alot more if there was more HDD and no online problems,But what if it doesn't catch on in the states??What about the fact that they'll probably try to remake more old titles??And is this Yuna's point of view and Rikku's point of view projects a desperate move from square?

But on the positive side Square will now make games for the CUBE and the GBA don't forget that!!So after all this,ya'll still think things will turn out good for square??

*Worried ATMA*

Black Sugar
05-30-2002, 04:08 PM
I don't remember which producer will be in charge for the GC version of FF. But this would be a chance for Square Soft to get up and do things right.

A lot of fans have been waiting for that moment, I only hope they won't screw up again .

Stay where you good at... RPG

typexig
05-30-2002, 06:02 PM
lol..lol thats a good one OL..hehe..=) as for square loosing it..i dont think so.. theyre just doing those spin-off cuz its easy money for them.. they really need the money..(all because of the movie..why? why? why??!!!)...im pretty sure once square have the money, they'll start doing new titles..but i dont really mind square doing spin-off, i think its good, it may not be the best strategy, but it'll do..i think square is smart about this new strategy....if they make a new title right now, they wont know if it will sell good or not (its kinda like taking a risk)..focusing only on FF series is a good strategy, cuz they know that people will buy it cuz its FF..=) and i think FFXII will be a great game...=)

-Xig-

Black Sugar
05-30-2002, 06:13 PM
yep... and they didn't announce a chocobo racing 2 yet...

that's a good sign....!

dragoonocean
05-31-2002, 03:57 AM
hek yea FFXII will rule, but square wont ;d

Seska
05-31-2002, 05:02 AM
Financially, I doubt they will ever lose it, but they certainly are losing that which made Square so cool in the age of the SNES. They would bring out all sorts of new RPG formulas which gave birth to the Saga series, Chrono Trigger, Front Mission, Seken Densetsu.

On the PSX they dealt their fair deal of innovation with Parasite Eve (which while not that GREAT a game, offered at least an innovative game system) and Vagrant story. Final Fantsy Tactis was also great, though hardly original - it was a clear adaptation of the Ogre Tactics system into the FF Theme.

And on the PS2? Not much innovation so far. FFX, while a great game, is hardly anything new. And now 2 spinoff games of the same title. Kingdom HEarts, a lucrative Disney tie-in thats similar to Dewprism and Brave Fencer Musashiden. FFXI? Online RPG, which hardly counts as its something that has been done before (though maybe not on the ps2).

And before you try to remind me of Chocobo Stallion, Type S or All Stars Prowrestling as excuses for innovation, let me just say its the RPG genre I am talking about.

Basically, Square has gone mainstream. That does not mean they have gone crap, but it means we should maybe stop expecting so much of them and just enjoy the franchises they decide to carry out, because they WILL be goo and we WILL enjoy them, even if that fresh breath of originality and adventurousness (is that a word? :P) whith which they launched entirely new RPG concepts, seems to have gone for now in favour for franchises that will land them certain cash.

typexig
05-31-2002, 05:09 AM
good points Seska..=)

-Xig-

Black Sugar
05-31-2002, 09:44 AM
I think Square Soft begin to lose it when they try to compete with the other genre such as racing, fighting and adventure games. Some of it came out really great (Brave Fencer Musashiden, Einhander, Parasite Eve). But in the end, I think this is a good idea the stay in what made them in the first place RPG. Especially with theirs financial situation

ATMA
06-06-2002, 09:35 AM
So what if the Yuna's point of view and Rikku's point of view is totaly different,like in another world,or like most of the time underwater,new characters,new summons,a totaly different story (even though it's called .....point of view)
So basicaly everything new except Yuna and Rikku!
Would you gamers still would see it as a way to milk money or just a spinoff?Or just as an expansion of the FFX story??

Rubeus
06-10-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ATMA
So what if the Yuna's point of view and Rikku's point of view is totaly different,like in another world,or like most of the time underwater,new characters,new summons,a totaly different story (even though it's called .....point of view)
So basicaly everything new except Yuna and Rikku!
Would you gamers still would see it as a way to milk money or just a spinoff?Or just as an expansion of the FFX story??

It would be a different story if Square sells the two game at the same time and sell the two game one after another in a few months away..

If both games come out at the same time than I bet many things in both games will be identical or with only slight variations.

If they come out one after another, then one will be more like two follow ups on FFX. Both games may end up having better sales.

I wonder why they choose Rikku though, she isn't the best character in FFX, I'd rather choose a Lulu version, she is so cool.

Actually, I think it would be an even better idea if they make a "FINAL FANTASY X ZERO (PREQUEL)", featuring the adventure of Jecht, Auron and Braska, who go out to defeat SIN for the first time!!

ATMA
06-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Rebeus

I wonder why they choose Rikku though, she isn't the best character in FFX, I'd rather choose a Lulu version, she is so cool.

Actually, I think it would be an even better idea if they make a "FINAL FANTASY X ZERO (PREQUEL)", featuring the adventure of Jecht, Auron and Braska, who go out to defeat SIN for the first time!!

About the LULU thingy don't let Overlord see this!!:p

About FFX ZERO it sure sounds like a good idea but it will be almost the same remember Jecht and Auron and Braska walked the same way as the character of FFX did so it would be like playing the same game only with different characters and summons and some slighty difference!!!

Overlord
06-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Rebeus:

Rebeus=Smartest. Poster. Ever.

Your a 100% correct about this. Check this thread (http://mb.vgdirectory.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=420) for more info and interesting opinions about the spin-offs and what not.

ATMA
06-20-2002, 06:17 PM
Rikku is one of the best character especially against NEMESIS,and Penance ..simply she can mix some great stuff ..for instance
mix 2 stamina tonic will double your amounts of HP, now curently i got a full sphere grid everything is +4 and hp+300 i got full stats and around 58000+HP and when i use stamina tonic i can reach the break hp limit wich is 99999 and it's very usefull against Nemesis and Penance or the dark aeons!! Mix some other items can't remember the names of the items you'll get FINAL ELIXER
wich is the best healing item ever made you'll get full hp and also full mp even better than megalixer!!!And trust me Lulu will be quickly finished off by Nemesis or Penance simply because doublecast and ultima won't take 99999 cause they got a very high magicdefense and plus casting magic is way way slower than quickhits so once againt it's all about physical hits !!Sorry i'll pick Rikku over Lulu!!sorry LU !!
:p

Overlord
06-21-2002, 01:14 PM
XenoGamer...err ATMA:
Lulu will be quickly finished off by Nemesis or Penance simply because doublecast and ultima won't take 99999 cause they got a very high magicdefense and plus casting magic is way way slower than quickhits so once againt it's all about physical hits !!Sorry i'll pick Rikku over Lulu!!sorry LU !!

Well, you probably just have a really weak Lulu, thats it. Arn't there mixes that lower Magic Def? She can dish out furies at a rate of 16 hits per Overdrive. Thats 99999*16=1599984! So just have all three(or all 6) with there overdrives at max, and entrust her. And using Rikkus mixes for healing will take a lot of time away from battle. Espicially if they're healing 1.4 million from Regan.

ATMA
06-21-2002, 01:25 PM
Magic won't work much on Nemesis and even if you try to lower his magic defense that won't help you much!
And even against Penance (wich deals much more damage than Nemesis) you won't be able to get full O.D gauge after eacht time he attacks!That means you won't be able to use Ultima fury everytime with entrust that won't help you either!And can you garantee that everytime you pick ultima fury you can get 16 times out of it?? remember ultima takes a much faster spin than like fire or holy or flare ect ect ect!!!So even if you have a full O.D gauges you won't be able to get to 16 times!!And i won't be surprised if Penance or Nemesis absorbs Ultima !!While with Rikku she can make some interesting mixes like i said before ,so I see much more good points in Rikku than LULU!!And remember with quickhits you can get much more damage done than doublecast!!
Oyeah if you don't believe this go cast doublecast ultima on earth eater and see how little damage it does!And earth eater isn't Penance or Nemesis!!!

Overlord
06-21-2002, 01:35 PM
My Lulu has Auto-Haste with 255 speed and 255 str. I would consider that helpful with QuickHit. Though, it's not really that quick. What with the Onion knight walking all the way to the monster and them coming back. And how much can Prey heal with 255 Magic? That thing doesn't cost any MP, and target all allies.

ATMA:
so I see much more good points in Rikku than LULU!!

Rikku has a big forehead. Where as Lulu doesn't. +1 for Lulu.

ATMA
06-21-2002, 01:39 PM
Rikku is much sweeter, while LULU is colder than Shiva !!!
Rikku 1 /LULU -4!!!:(
pray heals only around 800 or 1000 with 255 magic so not really helpfull there!!!
Final elixer is the thing you want!!It gives everybody full hp and full mp !!

Overlord
06-21-2002, 01:45 PM
She's only cruel to ones she doesn't like. She's a lot wiser and mature than Rikku. And Rikku is Really fast, when she is on Haste!

Person mesmorized by Rikku undressing scene:
Rikku 1 /LULU -4!!!
pray heals only around 800 or 1000 with 255 magic so not really helpfull there!!!

Actually, I don't think that I've ever used Pray with Lulu, only Yuna. But it healed around 600 at the beginning of the game.

Rikku+2 | Lulu+1025

ATMA
06-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Well i don't really like the inside of Lulu outside i'm not complaining
But i'm sure Rikku is sweeter than LU!Anyways so what do you think now is suare really loosing it they have announced 3 new titles for the ps2!!What do you think now ??

Overlord
06-21-2002, 02:00 PM
ATMA:
Well i don't really like the inside of Lulu outside i'm not complaining

Whats that supposed to mean? She's not just some eyecandy for you. Shes a real(virtual) human being!

...Anyway, Square seems to be making all their money back. And then some. What with the bible and the movies coming out. And they should be making more games after next year. Atleast more frequently. And hopefully they'll work on other series, besides planning out Final Fantasy CXIVXIII

ATMA
06-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Hahahahaha take it easy Overlord i'm not here to take LU away from you so what do you think about Square making a Rikku point of view and not LULU???
But you know i mean Lulu didn't play like a big role in the game you know she didn't safe Tidus,There was not alot of background story of her ..While Rikuu you saw her home get ambushed by
some creatures summoned by the guado people!!And thanks to her uncle you can fly around!And she also kinda safe Tidus in the beginning!!While Lulu is well uhm a nice Cg to be printed in my memory for ever ..(what do you mean eyecandy??):D

Overlord
06-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Spoilers for FFX. . .

And don't forget about her other relations in the game. Rikku and Yuna. Do like it how Yuna has two differant colored eyes? Thats probably why they're making only a Yuna and Rikku version. They're connected. And they have Al Bhad history. But I would buy a Lulu version(as well as others) anyday.

. . .End Spoilers.

Lulu does have a lot of background. Chappu. That one summoner. Maybe Yojimbo. Her Baby!! Etc, etc. Don't you think she should be in Yuna's version? As her guardian?

ATMA:
..(what do you mean eyecandy??)

...I'm saying, that you should respect her for her wisdom and matuarity. And not her amazing physical attributes. Yeah, thats it.

Penance
06-24-2002, 01:38 PM
I don't think that they are loosing it. I've been a Square gamer for a long time. And I think that they will be ok. They're just taking some risks right now. And I think that it will pay of in the end.

ATMA
06-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Overlord
her amazing physical attributes.
In that area no one can win Lulu!!!
-SADATAAAAAAAAAAY-

Overlord
06-24-2002, 01:59 PM
-Kappaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatown!!-

Penance
06-25-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ATMA
In that area no one can win Lulu!!!

Aint that the truth! :D

So is Lulu going to be in Yunas version?

Pikachu
06-25-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Overlord
Spoilers for FFX. . .

Lulu does have a lot of background. Chappu. That one summoner. Maybe Yojimbo. Her Baby!! Etc, etc. Don't you think she should be in Yuna's version? As her guardian?

...I'm saying, that you should respect her for her wisdom and matuarity. And not her amazing physical attributes. Yeah, thats it.

I think Square decided not to use Lulu, is because she's having a baby, that really disappoint fans of her. While both Yuna and Rikku are still single. It's just like Japanese pop-stars, your career is pretty much finished if you are married or had a baby.

ATMA
06-25-2002, 05:38 PM
You hear this Overlord?? So i guess that's why we won;t see LULU's point of view !!!:(

Overlord
06-25-2002, 05:42 PM
Will she atleast make a cameo apperance on the other ones?

Pikachu
07-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Besides that, what is the age of Lulu in the game? She's probably too "mature" to be a main character in the spin-offs.

ATMA
10-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Wonder what the new members will say about this subject!

Plus it's been a while! We've seen some New projects that will be coming out from Squaresoft! So any new thoughts on this?

ps: Don't mind Overlord he's madly in love with Lulu :D

baratus
10-12-2002, 11:36 PM
You're all a bunch of perverts drooling all over two poligonal ladies :rolleyes:
As for Square, I'd love to see them focusing on any other game rather than Final Fantasy, they have tons of games better than that and still they insist on the same subject.
Anyone here knows something more about FFXII? I hope they quit with the teenager and the pretty girl clich?, they should make it more like FF2 or FF Tactics for a change.

Black Ace
10-12-2002, 11:44 PM
This thread is really old. ;)

Who bump it?:cool guy:

Cobi*
10-13-2002, 12:03 AM
i don't think square are "losing it." they aren't the same company they were during the snes days, or the psx days for that matter (what company is?) but, that doesn't mean they are a bad company or are bad at what they do.

they are focusing more on final fantasy now more than ever but that is mainly because they are trying to recover from some bad decisions that they made regarding the playonline service and the final fantasy movie project. too much, too soon; square isn't as big a company as their popularity would have you think. their poor management and financial handling during that period isn't reflected in the games they release. they still create very high quality products. final fantasy or not.