PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever played Loom?

Nindalf
05-02-2003, 04:44 AM
I just thought this fantastic game deserves a thread. Anyone played it?

Alucard
05-02-2003, 05:52 AM
I played it. But it was soooooooo long ago!! All the games like Loom were awesome.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Ah yes. Loom. I remember thee well.

What about Billy Beamish? Weamish? Something ish? Doh.. Willy Beamish :D

Monkey Island? Grim Fandango? Sam & Max? Quest For Glory?

*sigh* Good Times

Nindalf
05-13-2003, 07:20 AM
Yep, Loom certainly was a great game, goes in the top ten of all time PC games(among with Monkey island and Discworld)

Ogni
05-26-2003, 06:23 AM
Yes, I loved Loom, but it was far too easy!
But the story was great, and the mood the game caused is almost undescribable...
I love almost every adventure Lucas Arts ever made, but I honestly prefer the good old point and click adventures. I don't want to control the char like in Monkey 4 or Grim Fandango, just point and click...

Drunken Savior
05-26-2003, 06:25 AM
I made a sick carpet on a loom. I havn't tried the game but if it's an adventure game like Full Throttle or Monkey Island I'm down. Tell me more.

Ogni
06-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Loom is a Lucas Arts adventure which had been released around the time of Indy 3.... For todays standards the grafics suck, but back then it was beautiful. The game uses a quite unique control system, you manipulate your enviornment by using spells, which you can use by playing 4 notes (kinda like Link with his Ocarina).
And the game has a VERY COOL story (I think), but as already mentioned it is FAR TO EASY, back then I was able to beat it in 4 hours straight... nothing compared to MI puzzle-wise, difficulty kinda like Full Throttle!

Well give it a try, and let me know what you think about it!