PDA

View Full Version : Another New Video Game Console??

ATMA
05-28-2002, 05:07 PM
According to this link yes,there will be a new console and will go against the ps2,the cube,x-box and the gba!!

http://www.theinquirer.net/28050207.htm

Your thoughts??

Overlord
05-28-2002, 05:18 PM
They better have a great system if they're going to release it that late. And I never even heard of the company. They better do some great Marketting. A fourth system? I don't know.

...Great news though. Hopefully they'll have more news later.

Overlord
05-28-2002, 05:22 PM
Clean Your Inbox!

ATMA
05-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Well yes 2 yrs i think will also be around the time we should hear and see alittle more about the ps3,and well these people better have some good ideas and plans to start this!!
And here are people saying there's no room for 3 consoles and now looks like there will be another one to cramp up the place!!:D

Overlord
05-28-2002, 05:35 PM
Another sign of the Ragnarok perhaps?

...A lot of gamers are going to go Bankrupt, if more consoles come out.

typexig
05-28-2002, 05:56 PM
wow, an unknown company entering in the middle of a console war.. thats kinda weird.. they should just wait for the next console with the PS3, so they can have more time researching their new console...=)

-Xig-

junker
05-28-2002, 05:59 PM
Heh, this reminds me of that Linux based system. Anyone remember that? I forgot the name but I remember the premise was supposedly to sell the system at an unbelievably high price(700) and make the games open source. I'm guessing the creators were going for if we can't beat them, then do the opposite of what they did and see what'll happen. Now I don't need to mention how ludricous this idea was, but needless to say, that system never saw the light of day.

Overlord
05-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Wasn't the 3DO system $700 in some areas? I think it was.

ATMA
05-28-2002, 06:06 PM
If this thing is happening i think it's allready feeling the ps3 on it's heel!!I think indeed they need to watch for the ps3 or perhaps they will also use the same hi-tech thingy as ps3 ..who knows ..to little info,but sure is interesting to see how this will turn out!!:D

Overlord
05-28-2002, 06:09 PM
The cell chip in the PS3 will be far greater than anything NVidia will have at the time. How can they make something stronger than the PS3 in 2004? PS3's official specs won't come out till 2005 anyway.

...again, clean yo' box ATMA.

typexig
05-28-2002, 06:23 PM
yeah, i also think that no one will be able to make a chip stronger and better than the "Cell" the specs that sony is saying bout this "Cell" is pass my expectation..i know those are the not official specs, but sony have 5 years to do it and i believe that they can do it..But as for the new system..they better have some good games when it launch or else things will get messy for em.. They better look for 3rd party support right now before the thing called xbox gets em all...but the date of the release of this new console still troubles me...=)

-Xig-

Overlord
05-28-2002, 06:27 PM
I really don't think that the new console will have many great games on the beginnig. They probably won't have any good 3rd party support. Wasn't that the problem with 3DO and the Jaguar?

WINDJAMMERS
05-28-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey Junker, are you talking about the NUON? I hear that think has some nice games.

typexig
05-28-2002, 06:48 PM
if they do continue this new console, then they better be ready for online from the day of launch or maybe be ready for online in a month after it launch, cuz by then the other 3 systems will be doing online games...they really picked the wrong time to return the console war..what were they thinking..but we'll never though, couldnt be wrong...=)

-Xig-

Overlord
05-28-2002, 07:02 PM
I think they will just dump the whole idea at one point. They will eventually realize that the Console business isn't the easiest business to break into.

WINDJAMMERS
05-28-2002, 07:43 PM
This Chinese console better have the best games ever, otherwise no one is gonna buy their system.

Isn't the Inquirer a tabloid?

Seska
05-29-2002, 03:43 AM
The Cell surely is better than anything Nvidia has to offer NOW, but 3 years down the line? Not so sure about that. Remeber Sony said they will release DETAILS on the cell's specs in 2005. A release of ps3 in 2006 seems a safe assumption to make.

The problem with developing a new system is that you have to plan years ahead of time, and as incredible as the cell may be, Nvidia does manage to keep a step ahead by releasing faster cards with more features - and in Fall, an entirely new line no longer based on the Geforce structure.

Who is to say what Nvidia will offer us in 3 years time?

Necro ??
05-29-2002, 06:38 AM
Im sure it'll get delayed,wont come out or wont come to the US(much like GP32 >:( )

By the way this is the time to remember.....Who remembers M3?......didnt think so ;)

Black Sugar
05-29-2002, 01:48 PM
Is this a death wish ?
Sure look like a death wish!

Overlord
05-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Has anyone here even ever hear of the company, Changhong? Whats their reputation?

Lynx
05-31-2002, 11:12 PM
I don't think this system will ever come out. Anyone remember the Indreama (I think thats what it was called) it's was going to come out for this generation, but it to was cancelled.