PDA

View Full Version : RenegadeX, you feel like being proven wrong?

Mutter
04-24-2003, 12:25 PM
57.3 percent will be for video game consoles

26.7 percent will be for personal computers

8.6 percent will be for handheld game devices

4.7 percent will be for PDAs, wireless phones and other

2.6 percent will be online/Internet games

All of this is for how much each thing will be taking up on the E3 floor. Consoles have more than twice the amount of floorspace.

HA! I AM RIGHT!

Black Sugar
04-24-2003, 12:37 PM
:D ...Renegade X and I also had a argument about this. Basically, I told him the same things as you did. Unless he can prove us wrong, I'll stick to my opinion ; The E3 are moslty for console gaming....:sing:

Mutter
04-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Black Bahamut
:D ...Renegade X and I also had a argument about this. Basically, I told him the same things as you did. Unless he can prove us wrong, I'll stick to my opinion ; The E3 are moslty for console gaming....:sing:

I'm with you brother :)

Alucard
04-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Moved thread. Lets not try to start arguments or heated discussions in public that could be done in PM. Though I also believe E3 is mainly console based lately.

Renegade X
04-24-2003, 01:50 PM
I would like to request a source for this.

gearhound1
04-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Renegade X
I would like to request a source for this.

give me a break. everyone knows that E3 is mainly for consoles.

Kid0_oIcarus
04-24-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah! Even my cat knows that! :rolleyes:

No seriously, she's a smart kitty.

Renegade X
04-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by gearhound
give me a break. everyone knows that E3 is mainly for consoles.

Tell that, to...

EA
Id
Raven
Activision
LucasArts
Bethsahda
Sony Online Entertinment
Mircosoft
Blizzard
Eidos
Ion Storm
Ubi Soft
Dreamcatcher
Stradegy First
Gathering
Vivendi Universal Games
Interplay
Infogrames
Rockstar
Sierra
Bunea Vista Games
Funcom
CDV
Nova Logic
Codemasters
Take 2 Interactive
Maxis

*with great sarcasum*
Yeah... E3's alllllll about console games... No PC bombshells gonna be dropped this year at E3... I mean the PC side of E3 has only been the most Innovative branch of gaming since the early 90's... I mean, John Carmac, who's that guy? Just some geek thats in the gaming hall of fame and changed pop culture as we know it... I mean what this game called Doom? Yeah, E3 is all about consoles.

Drunken Savior
04-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Yea, consoles run the show at E3, and computer games get to attend. They make a great showing, but mostly console games are showcased. Were not saying that they aren't there, but there are more video games being shown than computer games. Though DOOM 3 does look to be the listed game I want to see the most this year.

Alucard
04-24-2003, 02:47 PM
This year its going to be PC games ruling E3. What with the amount of MMORPGS listed like EQ2 and SWG, HIGH profile legendary games like Doom 3 and Half Life 2 are going to be shown. These are the sorts of games the rock gaming foundations.

Though usually theres more video games being released on consoles then PCs that are the focus at E3. At least thats what I've noticed. Sony, Sega and Nintendo usually dominate part of the floor on their own.

mackensie
04-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Doom ]I[ is both console and PC gaming. I don't think that it should be cagorized as one or the other.

Hemmorrhoid
04-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Sure PC is very important, but all consoles together raise more attention. Also because the console world relies much more on E3, I dont see many PC gamers saying WAIT FOR E3 as much as we do.

Renegade X
04-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Well, I know one reason why you hear about console games a lot here is because this is a console gaming news site... if you where to hop over to GameSpy's Forum (I seriously suggest you don't unless you really want to talk about PC issuse because seriously the console noobies are running rampant over there) you'd find more of the PC side of E3... it's just all about what the forum is based about. And I agree the consoles may get more space and press coverage, mostly because of how console gaming is becoming more and more in the spot light with companies like Sony and Mircosoft coming into the fold, but still E3 is the PC gamer's trade show... for one it's just about the only major PC tradeshow there is... Of course the PC isn't going to have as many games... if you combine the companies... thats a no brainer, but what I'm talking about is quality of games. Aside from Fighting, Platform, and occassionally Action Adventures, the PC has the best showing of games... I have yet to see a console game live up to titles such as Deus Ex (yeah PS2 port, whoopieyay), Thief, or Morrowind in innovative ideas... And as I've said before, theres one game thats at E3 that no console will ever beat, and thats Star Wars Galaxies... trust me, take it form a very happy tester.

Alucard
04-24-2003, 03:57 PM
PC is definately the best games system out there. If I had a choice to keep it or one of my consoles, I'd go PC and throw the consoles out the window without hesitation. Although I for one am not as excited about SWG as RenegadeX is. I'm more looking forward to EQ2. And its a good thing its coming out alot later form now becuase theres too many awesome games I need to catch up on with the PC. Especially with delicious titles like Lionheart and Greyhawk coming out.

Doom 3 will always be a PC title to me. When a console comes along and tries to steal it I will ignore that console because the game started, and will finish being developed, on the PC. The XBox version is just a port in my book. Nothing gets under my skin more then when a console tries to take a game from the PC side of gaming. Screw you Bungie. you're stil a wannabe TRIBES.

Drunken Savior
04-24-2003, 04:10 PM
I've invested over five grand in my computer. There's no way in hell Im chuckin it out the window. But since I own a Mac, I let my consoles do the gaming for me. (with the excpetion of Monkey Island and Warcraft III) One day I'll piece together a new PC with Windows and Linux, but right now I'm so close to pimpin out my Mac that I'm focused on that. Tis truely a pirate's dream right now. Can you imagine 4 120 GB HDs?

And I've ALWAYS considered Doom 3 to be a PC title. And as Alucard said, if it is released for XBox, it will be a port in my mind. A good port, one worth buying, but still a port.

Vegetto
04-24-2003, 11:28 PM
your pretty popular arent ya renagade

Renegade X
04-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Vegetto
your pretty popular arent ya renagade

Yeah, that or Mutter just really has it out for me, heh. What can I say... I've gotta defend my roots here. (Which my roots are, being.... I don't know how old and sitting in front of my old Packard Bell klunker playing the shareware version of Doom till my eyes felt like they where gonna fall out... ahhhh those where the days.)

Seska
04-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Well, floor space hardly counts much if you consider the big stages that sony and nintendo put up, the big exclusive showcasing rooms they set up. If you REALLY wanna know wether console or PC games are in majority on E3, I suggest you run a total count of games for each platform and then compare.

Personally, I think this is a rather pointless debate and waste of time, which is why I can't be bothered to do the counting myself. :p

mackensie
04-26-2003, 12:33 AM
isn't it logical that if sony and nintendo are given so much floorspace, that they are considered priority for a reason? i really don't care one way or the other, as i game on both types of gaming systems, but i've always considered e3 as more of a console thing, with only the biggest and best PC games showing up as impressive sideshows.