PDA

View Full Version : Does PAL GC games run slower than NTSC, and will NTSC games run slower on PAL GC?

ARTO
05-27-2002, 06:29 AM
I'm thinking of getting a PAL GC as it support RGB SCART, but I don't want to be playing game with slower speed compare to the JAP/US games. I guess some PAL games have been optimised so that they run at the same speed as the NTSC ones...am I right?

I've had this slow game speed problem when playing Jap games(eg:Soul Caliberand other fighting games) on my PAL Dreamcast and PS one. I wonder if this will be the same case for PAL GC.

What does everyone else think?

ATMA
05-27-2002, 07:27 AM
Having a PAL system is like asking for trouble
Like the DC some GC games have the option so you can turn the game into 60hz and get full screen (but not all the games)And than you have to deal with the factor that PAL system is about98% of the time the last system to recieve the games,But if you have the action replay (Can play import games)Things should be okay, it would be like playing NTSC games on your GC just like you wanted ofcourse with the scart cable,and it would be even better if you have a NTSC T.V !!

ARTO
05-27-2002, 09:48 AM
Has anyone ever played Jap games on PAL machine and noticed that the games run at slightly slower speed than they do on NTSC machine?
I have......... on all my PAL machines(PS one, DC)which use MOD-chip and boot disc respectively. I also had Jap machines, that's how I could noticed the different!

ATMA
05-27-2002, 12:13 PM
Well do like i do IMPORT all the way,i got 2 ps2
one US and one JAP .(yes i hate the pal system)and i don't know about how import games will play on THE CUBE,with action replay i think if everything is okay the import games will move very smooth like a 60hz smoothness!:D
It's really annoying to see a game on 50hz huh ??