PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the Saturn emulator?

Rubeus
04-20-2003, 02:53 PM
I heard there is a new Sega Saturn emulator out there, which is ripped from Sega's official B-Club service (a broadband service that allows you to play Saturn/Genesis and Gamegear games online). It can play most of the Saturn games flawlessly on PC.

Does anyone know where can I download this emulator? The reason I asked is that I still have a couple of Saturn games at home, though I got rid of the system a long time ago. It would be nice to be able to play these games again.

WINDJAMMERS
04-21-2003, 01:59 AM
If you find it give everyone a heads up. This sounds kind of interesting.

grahf
04-21-2003, 06:19 AM
Don't request download links to copyrighted materials please.

Rubeus
04-21-2003, 03:31 PM
I think the new emulator is called Cyberdisc / Girigiri, it is an official product which requires you to pay, but you can search for both the emulator and crack in Google.

Cyberspace is current offering these games from 200 - 500 yen:

Densha de Go
Panzer Dragoon II
Dynamic Deka
Golden Axe Duel
House of the Dead 2
Turok 2
Target Gear
Getbass
Magical Shot
Virtua Fighter 2
NiGHTS
Virtua Cop 2
Bowling
Ultra Shanghai
Perfect Swing
Dragon Master Silk
Galaxy Force II

vherub
04-23-2003, 05:37 PM
its one thing to go after abandoned roms or roms that have been translated since they were never released for your language (both are illegal but i feel that they are beneficial not only to gamers and the gaming community, but also because they renew interest for free in a company's game)

but with the saturn emulator, sega is bringing back these games, actively doing work on them and have decided to charge for it, and the signs that their work is already being ripped off and pirated is disheartening as such abuse might very well force sega to abandon their emulation project
especially as prior to sega's release of their emulator, there was no program that could handle emulating the dual-processers running under the saturns hood

Rubeus
04-23-2003, 09:02 PM
It is absolutely free for downloading the Saturn emulator from Sega's Cyberdisc website, the only catch is that you have to pay for each game you play. I wonder what happen if I want to play my own Saturn CD-ROMs? Since I bought the games in the first place....