PDA

View Full Version : Billy Hatcher and the giant egg

Copycat Wannabe
04-14-2003, 08:41 AM
"Sega of America has announced a new, GameCube-exclusive title called Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, currently in development at Sonic Team under the direction of Sonic creator Yuji Naka. It's the first new platform game and character from Yuji Naka and Sonic Team since the Saturn era, Sega tells us.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg is the story of a young boy on a quest to save a once magical kingdom from the clutches of an evil King, who threatens to rule with an everlasting night. Gamers will learn to use the powers of a legendary suit and control magical eggs to restore light to the kingdom. Hardly "all-new" then.

Described as a vibrant, lightning fast 3D platformer (which is undoubtedly Sonic Team's speciality), Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg has players hatching dozens of magical creatures as they explore themed, carnival-esque environments. As you might expect, there will be puzzles to solve, enemies to defeat and ability-enhancing eggs to hatch."

(Source Eurogamer)

Hemmorrhoid
04-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Dont know what to think about that. It sounds wierd, but Yujia Naka and Sonic team are known for good products.

Pilotwings
04-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Hemmorrhoid
Dont know what to think about that. It sounds wierd, but Yujia Naka and Sonic team are known for good products.

they been doing nothing but ports the last few years.

Reality
04-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Errr.....just give me a port of Virtual On Marz please.

Black Sugar
04-14-2003, 05:28 PM
....Mike Fischer (Vice President of Marketing, Sega of America) : "Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg is pure Sonic Team magic. A dizzying blend of fast action, hypnotic gameplay and one-of-a-kind characters, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg is, without a doubt, the next big thing from the legendary Sonic Team."
I know the game sound weird and all. But If iwas to tell you about a blue hedgehog running around and saving little animal wouldn't you be skeptical also ? :D
It's a Sonic Team game, I'll gave them a chance.

Rubeus
04-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Any screenshots?

Black Sugar
04-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Rubeus
Any screenshots?
no, nothing available yet

WINDJAMMERS
04-14-2003, 10:59 PM
I remember reading a childrens book by the same or similar title a long time ago. All I remember about the book was the egg turned out to be a dragon's egg at the end. Oh, I forgot to do spoilers. Oh well.....

IoriYagami n8
04-15-2003, 12:52 AM
It's nice to see that Sonic Team is making new things too. I know they are really trying to turn Sonic back into the force he was on the Genesis, but between Sonic games and such it's always nice for something new to pop up. With Sonic Team you never know what will happen, it could end up being pretty average, or it could be another title like Ristar or Nights.

Black Sugar
04-15-2003, 01:21 AM
First screenshoots can be see here

Billy Hatcher and the giant egg (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/gamecube/billyhatcher/1.jpg)

The game look really nice....:sing:

Cobi*
04-15-2003, 01:53 AM
i don't recall a sonic team game i didn't like so it'd only make sense to also be looking foward to this game :D those screens look kick-ass bahamut!!

i can't believe they're remaking sonic adventure. personally i think their saturn efforts are far more worthy candidates for remakes on the next gen consoles... it would be nice to finally play nights and burning rangers without all the distracting polygon drop-outs :( oh well just my 2 rupees...

DBJAY
04-15-2003, 02:53 AM
Certainly is a bold choice to have Billy dressed like a rooster.

Once again, Sonic Team defies expectations and goes their own way. One one hand, it's good to see at least one company on the Cube try to launch new characters. On the other, it is a major financial gamble to not follow up Sonic's huge success on the Cube with a new title. Such is the paradox of Sega.

suronosuke
04-15-2003, 08:17 AM
well hopefully all the lil kids 7 and under go and purchase this game.

so does SEGA still think all the gc gamers are 2 year old an under?

Kid0_oIcarus
04-15-2003, 08:47 AM
Billy is a chicken?

Hmm.. it should be interesting to see how it plays out..

Black Sugar
04-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by suronosuke
well hopefully all the lil kids 7 and under go and purchase this game.

so does SEGA still think all the gc gamers are 2 year old an under?
Hmmmm... Astal, Sonic and Nights are also for kids under seven years old ?

Kojiro Hyuga
04-15-2003, 09:50 AM
I have to agree with Suronosuke here... Don't get me wrong, but I believe ANOTHER platformer from Sonic team is just too much... I really don't understand what they are doing- this is a terrible move because, if the game comes out great, it can quite possibly steal Sega's own Sonic power...

Now where's Yuji Naka Racer that he said he wanted to do?

Hemmorrhoid
04-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Graphics are great, much better than Mario or Rayman, even Vexx.
Its not like the GCN is getting flooded with good plattformers, didnt play one since Mario Sunshine (which dissapointed).

I would like to see another promising plattformer on the way other than Mario 128.

Black Sugar
04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Can't wait to see more. I have good faith in Sonic Team.

Sturat
04-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness are for kids. It takes an adult to appreciate games like Woody Pop.