PDA

View Full Version : Great rpg lineup at E3

Kamui
05-25-2002, 10:23 PM
Ok, let?s recall what?s RPG for PS2 each company at E3 has:
Square: Kingdom Hearts and FFXI, Sony - Wild Arms 3 and Dark cloud 2, WD - Growlanser 2 and 3, Atlus - Dual Hearts, Enix - Grandia Xtreme and Star Ocean 3, Capcom - Breath of fire 5, Konami - Suikoden 3, Namco - Xenosaga, Koei - Mystic heroes (Houshinengi 2), Romance of the 3 kingdoms 7 and Dynasty Tactics (Sangokushi senki), Agetec - RPG maker 2 and finally Bandai - .hack

18 RPGs. That?s a strong lineup indeed.....

So what you think about this? What are your favourite title at E3?

Black Sugar
05-26-2002, 12:33 AM
Out of the 18 titles ,Breath of Fire 5 cut my attention the most.
Suikoden and Dark Cloud look like nice and very promising games also.

Don't hold your breath on Grandia X, this game isn't half-way what Grandia 2 was.

Kamui
05-26-2002, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I am looking forward to Wild Arms 3 ( the japanese version is visually stunning) and, of course, Growlanser and Xenosaga. This will keep me busy for a while...

Jagt_Mirage
05-28-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Kamui
Ok, let?s recall what?s RPG for PS2 each company at E3 has:
Square: Kingdom Hearts and FFXI, Sony - Wild Arms 3 and Dark cloud 2, WD - Growlanser 2 and 3, Atlus - Dual Hearts, Enix - Grandia Xtreme and Star Ocean 3, Capcom - Breath of fire 5, Konami - Suikoden 3, Namco - Xenosaga, Koei - Mystic heroes (Houshinengi 2), Romance of the 3 kingdoms 7 and Dynasty Tactics (Sangokushi senki), Agetec - RPG maker 2 and finally Bandai - .hack

18 RPGs. That?s a strong lineup indeed.....

So what you think about this? What are your favourite title at E3?

I wouldn't call the Growlanser series RPGs.. more SLGs. If its the Houshinengi that I'm thinking of, where its basically Shin Sangomusou with Houshinengi characters, I wouldn't call that an RPG either.. and Sangokushi Senki & the actual Sangokushi series are pure strategy.

typexig
05-28-2002, 02:32 PM
top 5 for me....=)

1. Xenosaga
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. Wild Arms 3
4. Dark Cloud 2
5. Final Fantasy XI

-FFXI was first in the list, but after the release of the game in japan and the problems, i got kinda dissapointed..but i hope it gets better when they release it here..=)

-Xig-

urikireOCS
05-28-2002, 03:49 PM
FFXI interests me, but this is Square's last chance to excite me about the eternal FF series unless I see something better from them.

Black Sugar
05-28-2002, 03:52 PM
I sincerely believe that Square made a mistake... at least they shouldn't have given the Final Fantasy title.

typexig
05-28-2002, 04:08 PM
yeah, they shouldve gave FFXI another name..this title is making square look bad.. at first i thought this game will rock. but im having a second thought bout that...=)

-Xig-

ATMA
05-28-2002, 04:55 PM
I'm looking foward for most of these titles!I love rpg games!!!

Must have for me is :
-XENOSAGA!!
-KINDGDOM HEARTS!!
-.HACK!!
-BREATH OF FIRE V

I think someone said that a new Lunar will be out on the ps2 but i'm not sure where i read it!
I'm also having doubts about FFXI simply because the game doesn't have something that catches my attention!But perhaps i'm jumping to conclusions to fast!!:(

Overlord
05-28-2002, 07:06 PM
PS2? I think you mean the RPGstation.

Lynx
05-29-2002, 07:17 PM
lol Overlord

I'm personally looking forword to XenoSaga right now. I'm not quite sure what to think about Kingdom Hearts yet, but it looks interesting.

ATMA
05-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Well KH is cool i saw some arts and i also saw like a trailer on the dvd wich came with FFX INT and i was blown away by this game!It will be a great game!I got good faith in that game!!:D

Overlord
05-29-2002, 07:30 PM
That game is so close to Cel-Shaded graphics. It has a great Cartoonish look.

Iori
05-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by typexig
yeah, they shouldve gave FFXI another name..this title is making square look bad.. at first i thought this game will rock. but im having a second thought bout that...=)

-Xig-

Famitsu mentioned Final Fantasy XI is probably the most complete and feature-filled online RPG of all, even surpassing most PC online RPGs; and the entire Final Fantasy series so to speak!! They said the game could last 5 full years, due to the huge amount of side quests, tasks, and things you can do in the game. So Final Fantasy XI is a long term investment for Square, imagine people stick with this game for 5 years!