PDA

View Full Version : metalgear not gc exclusive

noodie
04-02-2003, 07:25 PM
this isnt true, its coming out for ps2, the metalgear for gamecube is either a remake of the original from the nes or a game that will be on all systems, sorry guys, konami isnt gonna ditch the ps2 for gamecube only, thats stupid buisness.

Renegade X
04-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by noodie
this isnt true, its coming out for ps2, the metalgear for gamecube is either a remake of the original from the nes or a game that will be on all systems, sorry guys, konami isnt gonna ditch the ps2 for gamecube only, thats stupid buisness.

Dude, it's Exclusive.... and Konami is NOT ditching the PS2, Metal Gear Solid 3 is coming out for the PS2 FIRST, yes, Kojima HIMSELF said so in a interview... the Gamecubes MG/S is either like a side story or it could be MGS4, though I doubt that since we haven't heard anything about MGS3 yet, but I could be there will be a MGS3-A and MGS3-B, you know parallel world but different parts of the same story.

baratus
04-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by noodie

Give me a link that proves it. :sing:

Sinful Sam
04-02-2003, 10:00 PM
It should be exclusive. Isn?t Miyamoto and Kojima working on this together or something?

Renegade X
04-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Juste
It should be exclusive. Isn?t Miyamoto and Kojima working on this together or something?

Miyamoto.... working? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sorry, but incase you didn't know man, Miyamoto has pretty much handed the torch to the next gen of Nintendo's development staff... he's become more of a name brand than the material a game is made of... He's gone on to bigger things in life... like his family and his dog.

Kojima though sounds like more of the hands on guy still... some of Nintendo's personel might be there helping, but I have a pretty good feeling we won't be seeing the big red Nintendo label in Load up screens.

nintendo64
04-02-2003, 10:10 PM
do any of u ladies have links??

markavellie
04-02-2003, 11:36 PM
Miyamoto may not be coding, but he definitely is a busy man.

Aurorasaurus
04-03-2003, 12:06 AM
well its the ideas that make games! ;)

but when ur as rich as shiggy u dont have to lift a finger, just turn up @ meetings :haha:

Renegade X
04-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Aurorasaurus
well its the ideas that make games! ;)

but when ur as rich as shiggy u dont have to lift a finger, just turn up @ meetings :haha:

Well it's not that he's rich persay, though he is loaded to the gills... I just think he understand very well that he's human and that he really doesn't need to be so involved anymore, he layed down the ground work for everything... he just gets to sit back, make some excecutive desision, make sure everybody is living up to Nintendo standards, drop info and do interviews and enjoy being a husband and father. He's become the real life face of Nintendo.

IoriYagami n8
04-03-2003, 02:15 AM
Contrary to what you might think, Miyamoto stays decently busy, just not so much at Nintendo these days. He is kind of the guy that is the helm of all of Nintendo's deals with developers. He was involved in Capcom's Zelda staff working one the three games they did, he was involved in the supervision of Link in Soul Calibur 2, he is involved in working with Konami on Metal Gear, he checks up on Sega and F-zero, Namco and Star Fox. On top of that, he comes back and over looks the games like Mario Sunshine, Zelda Wind Waker, and such at Nintendo, while sometimes popping his own new ideas on the table (Pikman). He's still involved with Mario Kart, and so forth. He might not lead as many projects, but he is the final yes man when it comes to them. When they did Wind Waker, someone comes up and says "What do you think of this?" and he either says yes or no to the idea, while also offering his own feedback "Yeah, that works, but why not do this too since your doing it that way?" and then he plays the game up until what they have of it and gives feedback to what directions would be, ect. Yeah, he is very busy, just not with making games as much as supervising them. Which is really all he needs to do, ensure quality and give some of his ideas for the teams to use. He doesn't have to lead every project by the hand until it's done. Zelda proves that quite nicely.

Hemmorrhoid
04-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Renegade X I really think your underestimating how much Nintendo still puts into Nintendo. Hes the King Supervisor, but he also gets closely involved in some projects. And dont forget, things like Pikmin were his idea, and wait whats coming at E3 2003. Shiggy is still the king in the biz.

Renegade X
04-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Hemmorrhoid
Renegade X I really think your underestimating how much Nintendo still puts into Nintendo. Hes the King Supervisor, but he also gets closely involved in some projects. And dont forget, things like Pikmin were his idea, and wait whats coming at E3 2003. Shiggy is still the king in the biz.

I'm not underestimating him at all, he's a genious... but he's not the man he was in the 80's and early 90's. As Iori said, he's more of like the stamp of approval and developer relations officer along with being Nintendo's Real World Face.... you know you hear the word nintendo you think... Zelda... Mario... and if your informed Miyamoto.

He doesn't do coding anymore... thats a fact, he never really did for that matter... I mean I bet half of us didn't even know he's got a Degree in ART... he isn't the Bill Gates of the console world, well he kinda is but bare with me... he's most likely even sat at a keyboard and typed a single line of code... notice I said, MOST LIKELY... and you see thats what makes Miyamoto so great.... he isn't the tech. savy, I can put effient code down in 10 minutes guy... He's just a guy that had a few dreams... And those dreams got made into games... and the gaming work is much much better for it.

If your a PC gamer, then I'm sure you've heard of American McGee and his game Alice and the next one Oz... This guys actual trade is a Mechanic.... Thats right a grease monkey, he worked on cars of all things... You see thats whats wrong with us today... you hear about this great man in gaming and you instantly think, oh man this guy has to be a genus, I mean after all he's got this grand imagination and he can put it to code.... WRONG, the only guy I know that can do that is John Carmac, the Godfather of FPS gaming and genius at engine coding...

So to say I'm underestimating him... I don't think so at all... I've just done my homework... the man has a family... he has a dog... he's even brought that up in a interview when they where discussing Wind Waker... He's not the guy you think he is... He's a great man, he's a great story teller... and I'm sure he's picked up a good deal of business running knowledge in his nearly 20 years in gaming (maybe even more than 20). But the fact is... Kojima will most likely be handling all of the work on GC's MG/S... why? Because thats his dream... thats his story... and Miyamoto is just not the kinda guy to walk up and say, Move over, I'm in charge... Nintendo I'm sure will send over some personel to help Kojma... or for that matter it may be Kojima over a group of Nintendo's development staff, but Miyamoto will merely say, ok, this is up to snuff... good job... thats what I think and I'm pretty sure I can put money down on my opinion.

noodie
04-03-2003, 01:43 PM
its almost like miyamoto is the guy in hollywood who writes the script, then the directors take over and he just makes sure things go as he plans, he gives them the ideas to implement into his product then he stamps it apporved when he sees fit

noodie
04-03-2003, 04:10 PM
dude simmer, it could be worse, i coulda told u that tetra the pirate is zelda, that hyrule realy was preserved underwater in order to keep gannon from taking control of the land because the hero of time never returned from his adventure in majora's mask,so they had no defense for him, and that the boat u get in the beginning is really the king of hyrule because he isnt dead yet, and that at the end, hyrule is submerged and destroyed forver, and link drives the master sword through ganons head and turns him to stone....

THATS spoiling it for you tough guy, now isnt it

Dark-SMOKU
04-03-2003, 04:37 PM
DOUCHE BAG!! I'm only at God's Tower!! If your going to talk SH** than mark it!!!

Renegade X
04-03-2003, 04:38 PM
I don't know who your talking to but... theres a littler rule of thumb here.... don't ruin a game for other people... otherwise a mod will ban you and you have to go get your jollies from another forum... Personally I beat the game in 4 days... so I knew but do us all a favor next time.... post a warning...

IoriYagami n8
04-04-2003, 12:04 AM
Well, aside from someone having fun trying to ruin the game for people, back to the subject at hand. There is a reason that they have stressed Miyamoto and Kojima working together. Miyamoto might not do as much coding, but the advise and insight he gives is golden. If this is a remake or port of another Metal Gear game I doubt Kojima is all that involved with it either, if it is a new installment however I can see him more involved. If not, he probably is doing about as much as Miyamoto is with the project. Developers really love having the chance to work with someone like Miyamoto, and with Kojima's take on MGS2 he needs all the insight he can get, cause MGS2 just paled in every way to MGS. Story sucked, even more dialog and even less gameplay (which I feel the first suffered for, but had a decent story to make up for some of it). You get the idea.

RedWalker
04-04-2003, 01:00 AM
This Metal Gear for GC is exclusive certainly. Was announced that Nintendo and Konami will cooperate on the development of this game, this means that could be a entire new game for the series and it is based on the Metal Gear Solid series, not the original one. You can see in the oficial site of Gamecube that the tentative name is Metal Gear Solid.

Drunken Savior
04-04-2003, 01:03 AM
Maybe it's Metal Gear RAIDEN! (runs)

Renegade X
04-04-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Drunken Savior
Maybe it's Metal Gear RAIDEN! (runs)

*grabs his baseball* Bat yeah, run.... how dare you even think of that blashphemy.

Just Kidding, but still... to that I'd have to say, Um.... not unless hell turned pink, froze over then spouted flowers.

Kojiro Hyuga
04-04-2003, 11:11 AM
AS long as it has the gameplay and, above all, a superb story like MGS2, I don't care wichever name they give it!

Hemmorrhoid
04-04-2003, 12:08 PM
MGS2 story IMO sucked, way too exaggerated.

Back on the Myiamoto deal, I think he wont have that much influence in this MGS game, but Im sure he will have some great gameplay ideas here and there which are so great that Kojima might want to implement them. Thats what he did with Zelda WW, he added some ideas, said some things he didnt like, and dont forget he really was the one to decide about the graphics style.

Im thinking that all Shiggy will do for MGS, is make sure its good enough to run his name in the credits. Kojima is a genius, but he could need some advice, why not from the gaming god himself.

Renegade X
04-04-2003, 12:37 PM

Back on the Myiamoto deal, I think he wont have that much influence in this MGS game, but Im sure he will have some great gameplay ideas here and there which are so great that Kojima might want to implement them. Thats what he did with Zelda WW, he added some ideas, said some things he didnt like, and dont forget he really was the one to decide about the graphics style.

Im thinking that all Shiggy will do for MGS, is make sure its good enough to run his name in the credits. Kojima is a genius, but he could need some advice, why not from the gaming god himself.

Ahhh, but thats just it.... Miyamoto does great when there isn't constrants on what he can do with a game... but with MGS/2 your pretty limited on what you can do... I think if Kojima need any advice, he would need to get it from the dev team of Splinter Cell....and I'm so glad that GC users will get to see what a gem Splinter Cell really is. I agree that Miyamoto is great a bringing game play ideas to a game, but MGS is a type of game that Miyamoto has never seen before... or for that matter even dipped into.

Sinful Sam
04-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Renegade X
I agree that Miyamoto is great a bringing game play ideas to a game, but MGS is a type of game that Miyamoto has never seen before... or for that matter even dipped into.

Maybe this could open Miyamotos taste for blood. Then Nintendo will start producing mature games.

Renegade X
04-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Juste
Maybe this could open Miyamotos taste for blood. Then Nintendo will start producing mature games.

Not unless Miyamoto wants to get fired.... remember, Miyamoto is a chairmen, not the president, and the president of Nintendo has gone on statement saying if you want Mature games, don't expect to get them from Nintendo.

Cobra Commander
04-05-2003, 02:05 AM
Is there anyway someone can alter that quote about the Zelda spoilers in Renegade X's post above? It's really making this thread dificult to read.

Renegade X
04-05-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Cobra Commander
Is there anyway someone can alter that quote about the Zelda spoilers in Renegade X's post above? It's really making this thread dificult to read.

Sorry about that... I edited it... I didn't even know I had it quoted... sorry.

Bebi
04-05-2003, 07:14 PM
I immensely dislike people like the guy who made this topic...

Renegade X
04-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Bebi
I immensely dislike people like the guy who made this topic...

Well then you'll be glad to know he's been banned from the boards.

Bebi
04-05-2003, 09:52 PM
"jeez guys u no its not going to be kiddy gamecube exclusize so give it up konamis going to make it on ps2 anyway so its not like anythings good on gamecube hahahahahahahahahahah"

Stuff like that makes my eyes turn red with anger.

Hemmorrhoid
04-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, I guess well just have to see. Its really hard to tell how involved Myiamoto will get since theres no real official statement what Kojima/Myiamoto working together means.

And while a game like MGS might not be Myiamoto typical, maybe hes looking for a new challenge, something different and more realism oriented. And its not like MGS is extremely violent, its tactical espionage, not a FPS or a hacknslash.

Renegade X
04-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Well, I guess well just have to see. Its really hard to tell how involved Myiamoto will get since theres no real official statement what Kojima/Myiamoto working together means.

And while a game like MGS might not be Myiamoto typical, maybe hes looking for a new challenge, something different and more realism oriented. And its not like MGS is extremely violent, its tactical espionage, not a FPS or a hacknslash.

I think thats what my point was from the start... I mean everybody heard, "Nintendo and Konami" and suddenly their married and it was like a divorced couple that everybody loved got remarried... the fact is Konami is still making games for other platforms, some damn good ones I might add and this is just a little tip of what Konami is doing. Also, Miyamoto was the one that spilled the beans... and apparently Konami didn't like that because they've been pretty tight lipped about things ever since, save the Silent Hill 3 release date... I'm wondering if Miyamoto got just a little to happy and over stepped his bounds.

Hemmorrhoid
04-07-2003, 03:04 PM
I dont think Myiamoto really did something very stupid, he might have spilled the beans, or it might have been somewhat on purpose. Anyway, Myiamoto isnt the guy who usually spoilt or releases info that he shouldnt, just tiny tidbits if at all. And he usually makes a joke about it like
'Oh I might get in trouble for saying this' which sorta indicates he wont ;)

Myiamoto is full of surprises, so maybe hell get greatly involved, or not at all.

markavellie
04-07-2003, 03:10 PM

I can't argue with that, but I found that if I ignored certain parts of the story, it turned out pretty good! :spinface:

Drunken Savior
04-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by markavellie
I can't argue with that, but I found that if I ignored certain parts of the story, it turned out pretty good! :spinface:

Same here, only instead of "certain", I said "all." And the sword was pretty cool....especially hacking Snake with it. But it was pretty lame that the game required you mastering it if you wanted to beat the game.

Hemmorrhoid
04-08-2003, 09:50 AM
The story was aiming at being ultra realistic, yet you fight vampires. Whats the deal with that.

I hated that the tried to make Raiden more realistic by having him get involved in the stupidest talks with Rose, damn those annoyed me SOOO much. Those dialogs lowered the games quality. And the Colonel was annoying too.