PDA

View Full Version : Zelda 3 being remade/GBA

Bookbagninja
05-25-2002, 02:17 AM
Quote from Magicbox:
Nintendo will bring The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords to GameBoy Advance, a remake of the classic SNES title The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which is being developed by Capcom's Flagship studio. The GBA remake will feature a 4 players multiplayer mode, allowing up to 4 players to compete or cooperate in the adventure.

Why would Nintendo waste lot's of money on remaking games instead of making new games? Thoughts?

Black Ace
05-25-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Bookbagninja

Why would Nintendo waste lot's of money on remaking games instead of making new games? Thoughts?

Actually Nintendo makes millions by re-making these games, Super Mario Advance sold something like 3+ millions copies already. And it take a lot of money to make a new game instead of porting an old one over with minor changes.

ATMA
05-25-2002, 10:56 AM
And this Zelda will sell alot,This was one of the best Zelda titles out there especially when it came out back than!!!So i'm sure this game will sell well!!I'm gonna buy it for sure!!:D

WINDJAMMERS
05-25-2002, 08:13 PM
Since Capcom's previous track record with Zelda on Game Boy is good, it's looking like it will sell a lot.

I'm interested to see how they are going to make use of a 4-player mode they proposed.

Bookbagninja
05-25-2002, 08:30 PM
I phrased that wrong.
I know Nintendo is gonna make tons of money off Zelda 3 when it comes out. Heck, I'd even buy it.

But why not focus on releasing new games? I remember Nintendo didn't want to allow Square to make games for the system because they didn't want a lot of remakes to be made (which even I knew was a bunch of bull.) So, why not focus on newer games, better devlopment teams and the such?

Black Ace
05-25-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Bookbagninja
I phrased that wrong.
I know Nintendo is gonna make tons of money off Zelda 3 when it comes out. Heck, I'd even buy it.

But why not focus on releasing new games? I remember Nintendo didn't want to allow Square to make games for the system because they didn't want a lot of remakes to be made (which even I knew was a bunch of bull.) So, why not focus on newer games, better devlopment teams and the such?

Dont expect much new stuff from Nintendo until next year. The only development team at Nintendo that make good Game Boy Advance games is Intelligent Systems, none of their games are ports. They have released games such as Mario Kart Circuit, Advance Wars. They are also making Metroid Fusion.

Bookbagninja
05-26-2002, 12:13 AM
M Fusion is supposed to be all new, right?

WINDJAMMERS
05-26-2002, 03:17 PM
Metrio Fusion is supposed to pick up where the series left off.

I figure with these remakes, Nintendo is trying to target a new audience. The majority of people who own a Gameboy Advance are below 15 and started gaming after the PSX era.

Therefore, these people (and people who skipped over these games the first time around) get to play them without having to buy a old system or downloading an emulator. And with some added features people who enjoyed the game the first time they played it might buy it now.

And by the way they are developing new games. Kirby Advance, that new pokemon game, and Game and Watch 4 to name a few.

Black Ace
05-26-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by WINDJAMMERS
Metrio Fusion is supposed to pick up where the series left off.

I figure with these remakes, Nintendo is trying to target a new audience. The majority of people who own a Gameboy Advance are below 15 and started gaming after the PSX era.

Therefore, these people (and people who skipped over these games the first time around) get to play them without having to buy a old system or downloading an emulator. And with some added features people who enjoyed the game the first time they played it might buy it now.

Abd by the way they are developing new games. Kirby Advance, that new pokemon game, and Game and Watch 4 to name a few.

I couldn't agreed more. Remakes are for newbies who missed out on the early 90's.

WINDJAMMERS
05-26-2002, 08:01 PM
I'm glad to see someone agrees with something I said.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 05:31 PM
I didn't miss out on any of those games, but I'm glad they're coming out again- I loved them so.

ATMA
05-29-2002, 07:48 PM
I wish they could also bring Super Metroid out on the GBA!!!

Zwerchfell
05-29-2002, 09:58 PM
The good thing we don't have to wait for the remakes, no delays!! :D

Kid0_oIcarus
05-30-2002, 12:03 PM
ATMA, You know about Metroid Fusion, right? :D

It's not Super Metroid, but it's something at least!

ATMA
05-30-2002, 03:53 PM
YEAH i know about metroid fusion when i saw that trailer when you see 2 Samus aran(in armor)and one of them shoots the other and you see the armor breaks and than you see Samus without the armor sure got my attention!!I can't wait for this game!!I was so excited about it as much as when i saw Contra the alien wars!Super metroid is one of my favourite games of all time!The ending was so hectic especialy for that time!Fighting mother brain was sooooo fun!I've played that game over and over (That's why i still remember most of the songs in the game)..:D !I'm very happy that they will pick up the story from where they left!I saw that Samus can grab on the walls,I saw the double jumb!She can also roll into a ball again!!
SWEEEEEET sure brings some memories back!!:D
Can anybody turn back time??

dragoonocean
05-31-2002, 04:26 AM
network multiplayer sounds interesting