PDA

View Full Version : Most Wanted for the PC

Renegade X
03-26-2003, 12:43 PM
What would you like to see on the PC or see happen with a PC developer??

1. Valve actually RELEASE a new game...
2. Thief III

Shinmeiryu
03-26-2003, 03:44 PM
An actual modern day RTS game involving the military of the world. Not something you have you play through time just to get to the modern era like Empire Earth or the Civilization games.

Or a RTS game based off of Gundam.

Realistically, Starcraft II, which should be coming out in a couple of years.

Kid0_oIcarus
03-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Im pretty sure right now my most wanted PC game is da Frozen Throne for warcraft iii... THAT is gonna rock!

Drunken Savior
03-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Frozen Throne...just when you thought your digital crack tolerance was high enough...

Renegade X
03-26-2003, 10:46 PM
I'd have to say Planetside and SWG are the most wanted right now... but personally I want Thief III

Alucard
03-26-2003, 10:53 PM
This deserves a reply. Thief 3 no question about it.

Kid0_oIcarus
03-26-2003, 11:40 PM
Yeah Thief III is right up there... with DNF.

:rolleyes:

Renegade X
03-27-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Yeah Thief III is right up there... with DNF.

:rolleyes:

Ok, excuse my lanuage to up DNF's Nose with a Rubber Hose... that game is worse then Team Fortress 2 and CS: Condition Zero... I gave up on that piece of crud about the second YEAR it was delayed.

ATMA
03-27-2003, 03:40 AM
World of Warcraft!

Cobi*
03-28-2003, 07:16 PM
final fantasy xi, cuz' i don't think i wanna buy it on ps2 :P

i really want to see more of doom 3. doom 1 & 2 were awesome! i'm a violent-er person for having played them :D

winter_hawk87
03-28-2003, 10:22 PM
My most wanted game for the PC right now is whatever "Jefferson" (codename) is over at Black Isle (http://www.blackisle.com) .
They just can't seem to do anything wrong.

mackensie
03-28-2003, 10:35 PM
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER DAMMIT!

TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

yes yes, those are the easy ones.

Doom III, and Quake 4 should be graphically amazing (with gameplay lacking, as with nearly all iD single player games).

Renegade X
03-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by mackensie
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER DAMMIT!

TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

yes yes, those are the easy ones.

Doom III, and Quake 4 should be graphically amazing (with gameplay lacking, as with nearly all iD single player games).

You should say, Duke Nukem Never-Going-to-be-Done and Team Snorefest 2: Valve's Big Vacation.

And you can't tell me you didn't have a blast with the previous Dooms and Quakes, Save Quake III.

winter_hawk87
03-29-2003, 12:14 AM
What happened to TF2!?
Wasn't it supposed to be out 2 years ago!?

And as for Doom III , i really am not looking forward to it. Seeing the length of recent FPS's and the fact that the Doom III dev team commented , a while ago , on the extreme length of time it takes to make levels with the high details required,
i expect 2 or so hours of entertainment, with no multiplayer.

Renegade X
03-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by winter_hawk87
What happened to TF2!?
Wasn't it supposed to be out 2 years ago!?

And as for Doom III , i really am not looking forward to it. Seeing the length of recent FPS's and the fact that the Doom III dev team commented , a while ago , on the extreme length of time it takes to make levels with the high details required,
i expect 2 or so hours of entertainment, with no multiplayer.

Valve is working on so that means, that there is a bunch of guys sitting around talking about how their big stuff because they made Half-Life.... Valve hasn't made a single tittle since HL came out....

winter_hawk87
03-29-2003, 12:52 AM
Valve wasted all thier money on Steam. :crazy:
A almost completely useless streaming content program.
Which , as far as i know , has been in beta for a very extended period of time, and is as good as defunct.

mackensie
03-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Renegade X

And you can't tell me you didn't have a blast with the previous Dooms and Quakes, Save Quake III.
oh i did, but Carmack hasn't delivered in single player gameplay since quake II, while I agree was damn fun, it was extremely simple, shoot, and open doors.
IMO, Carmack does an excellent job creating game engines (quake III), but the last good single player game from iD was over 6 years ago (I believe, quake II). I think iD might just be a bit rusty when creating a good single player game. We'll see when doom 3 comes out. At least the doom 3 engine will be available for other developers to use well (aka Wolfenstein, Jedi Knight, Medal of Honor).

For some humor about DNF, here is a small quote and pic from an article written November, 1999!.
"It's been so long since we've seen anything on Duke Nukem Forever that it started to replace "Daikatana" and "Prey" as the butt of some one liner jokes in the community."
The sad part is that the graphics still look pretty damn good.
http://firingsquad.gamers.com/games/duke4shots/images/2.jpg