PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo turning heads at E3 with Xbox titles.

DBJAY
05-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Tecmo delivers with DOA Extreme Volleyball, which arguably has the best character models of any game at the show.

Then, hopefully, everyone has seen the video of Ninja Gaiden, another promising game.

The true surprise is Rygar, an update of a "classic" game that is generating some surprising buzz.

Check out the stories at http://www.xengamers.com and video of MS's Press Conference at http://www.xbox.com

folken001
05-25-2002, 07:03 PM
If you really look at the movie for DOA extreme valley ball, characters movements aren't really that smooth.

I have never played Ninja Daiden in my life. So I don't know what that is. PS2's shinobi doesn't seem bad either though.

at last, isn't rygar a PS2 game?

Black Ace
05-25-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by folken001
If you really look at the movie for DOA extreme valley ball, characters movements aren't really that smooth.

I have never played Ninja Daiden in my life. So I don't know what that is. PS2's shinobi doesn't seem bad either though.

at last, isn't rygar a PS2 game?

Its Gaiden not Daiden. ;)

Bookbagninja
05-25-2002, 09:20 PM
That Volleyball game is just an excuse to have half naked women throughout the whole game with a code.

Rygar and NG look promising, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would like it if they released Tecmo Super Bowl again. Oh yeah!

Rubeus
05-26-2002, 04:09 AM
Shinobi and Tenchu 3 are also ninja games, seems like Tecmo's Ninja gaiden is facing some serious competitions.

Yoshi
05-27-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Rebeus
Shinobi and Tenchu 3 are also ninja games, seems like Tecmo's Ninja gaiden is facing some serious competitions. And will likely wilt under the pressure, especially from Shinobi. Tecmo is no Sega.

Seska
05-28-2002, 09:16 AM
Ninja Gaiden is a title with a legacy as old as that of Shinobi. While Tecmo lately has been synonimous with "Bikini-clad-babes", I am sure they are not about to botch a title such as Ninja Gaiden, which has its own group of cult fans just like Shinobi does.

Sega isn't really that all-powerful and feared, they have made their own share of average games.

DBJAY
05-28-2002, 12:22 PM
Ninja Gaiden is a fantastic game back on the old systems, and it played just as well as Shinobi. I remember the old Ninja G title to be a bit more difficult than Shinobi however.

DOA Extreme Volleyball is essentially the Xbox equivalent to Gamecube's Beach Spikers. I would imagine that Tecmo took the inspiration from Sega's Beach Spikers to create Extreme Volleyball. Even though it is a tad slow moving right now, from experience with DOA, I am pretty sure the gameplay will be pretty fine tuned.

Rygar was announced for the PS2 as well, so it is multi-platform. Xengamers claim they saw it for the Xbox at E3. No word on Gamecube port.

Black Sugar
05-28-2002, 02:18 PM
euh, sega is indeed that powerful my man.
There are the only third-party compagnie who cover all the grounds Action,adventure, sports, RPG games. Look at E3 ; Gungrave,Shinobi, Panzer Dragon Orta Shenmue..ect.

Can you name one third-party who cover that much ground on all consoles on a such high quality level?

IHZer0
05-28-2002, 04:37 PM
3D0 and Army Men. That's some pure gold.

junker
05-28-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by IHZer0
3D0 and Army Men. That's some pure gold.

I hope you're being sarcastic..

IHZer0
05-28-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by junker

I hope you're being sarcastic..

You tell me. ;P

Black Sugar
05-29-2002, 09:24 AM
OooooOOooooouuuu.... love you're icon IHZer0 ^-^...!

DBJAY
05-29-2002, 05:44 PM
Sega proved once again at E3 that they are hands down the best all around company.

Look at their E3 accomplishments:

Best Graphics on Xbox: Panzer Dragoon Orta
Best Online: Sports, and Phantasy Star Online for Cube and Xbox.
Best all-around sports line-up: Covering every major sport, often with multiple titles, on every platform, along with alternative sports like Beach Spikers and Soccer Slam
Best Selection of diverse games: Shinobi for PS2, Gungrave for PS2, Toe Jam and Earl 3 for Xbox, HOTD3 for Xbox, Super Monkey Ball for PS2, Crazy Taxi 3 for Xbox, etc.
Plus, the developement of F-Zero for arcade Triforce hardware and eventually Gamecube.

Has any other company covered as many genres as Sega during E3?

Rubeus
05-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Does it seem like Tecmo is trying to use this DOA Beach Volleyball game to compete with Sega's Beach Spiker for Gamecube?

Both are beach volleyball games, and both have a lineup of sexy females with bikini suits.

Black Sugar
05-30-2002, 03:48 PM
I doubt it. Seem to be a pathetic way to sold their franchise over.