PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi for PS2!!

typexig
05-23-2002, 05:18 PM
have you guys seen the movies of this game? its hecka tight!! you can run on the wall and stuff. and he does this move were he freezes time and every enemies stop and you hit em as much as you can untill the time runs out, really cool!!really fast gameplay, (DMC killer?) i dont know if its better than DMC but it looks really cool and fun to play.. his dash move is reallyy sweet too..and that long red towel thinggy that goes around his neck looks really cool..hehe..=)

-Xig-

Black Sugar
05-23-2002, 06:24 PM
I got to say, this game look really nice and stylish. I think that Team Ninja should rethink the design of the new Ninja Gaiden. Cause the way I see it he can't even macht shinobi in a long run.

Entreri
05-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by typexig
have you guys seen the movies of this game? its hecka tight!! you can run on the wall and stuff. and he does this move were he freezes time and every enemies stop and you hit em as much as you can untill the time runs out, really cool!!
-Xig-
I heard ATMA giving this game praise in another thread. Where can I veiw the movies of this game? It sounds like it's really gonna give Ninja Gaiden a run for it's money.

I did read a little about it at xengamers.com. They said it had a couple of problems with slowdown during play. Hopefully they'll have that problem solved before they realease it.

ATMA
05-24-2002, 06:45 PM
Well when i saw the movement on the trailer MY GOD no slow downs .and there was alot of movement going on on the screen and agree i also felled in love with that red thingy that follows him everywhere and the moves he did ,We might forget Ninja gaiden ..but i won't say more cause it won't be fair i haven't seen any trailer of Ninja gaiden But for real ,if i have to say it now i'll say it that Shinobi is the BIGGEST surprise at the moment
IMO !!!!I haven't expect the game to be like this
and i won't be surprised if DMC was the inspiration for the devolpers of Shinobi !!!
PS2 all the way baby !!!!:D

ATMA
05-24-2002, 07:16 PM
http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/shinobi_segareel_1.mov

http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/shinobi_segareel_2.mov

Courtesy of ign.com & dgs-online.nl
Hope they work and enjoy them !!!!:D

Bookbagninja
05-24-2002, 08:25 PM
This should be really cool.

ATMA
05-24-2002, 08:31 PM
We saw alittle of the gameplay looks sweet,we saw a little of the graphics looks sweet,now lets hope that it got a solid story and we might have one of those games that people won't forget!:D

Black Sugar
05-25-2002, 12:57 AM
Atma, I had exactly the same kind of impression also when I view Shinobi. Look like Sega did have a little influence from DMC.

Yes, this is one of the biggest and one of the most promising title on the PS2...

typexig
05-25-2002, 02:26 AM
yeah.. the first time i saw the video, DMC poped in my head right away..i never expected the game to look and play like this..This game really surprised me alot!!..this is a must buy game..ohhh and um, this stealth dash move is really tight..=)

-Xig-

ATMA
05-25-2002, 10:38 AM
I'm so gratefull that Capcom made DMC,the game will spawn alot of other games with this kind of gameplay,and i won't mind,i just love the way Dante moves,wich make DMC a game with so much action in it!It's amazing i'm telling you,and I was also shocked when i saw that Shinobi moved alot like DMC,i've expected the game to move like Tenchu or something
but never expected it to have this style,anyways
Congrate Shinobi you sure worked your way to my most wanted games list!!!:D

ps:What do you guys think of his red scarf/bandana
thingy that follows him everywhere he goes!

typexig
05-25-2002, 03:25 PM
yeah.. i love his red scarf/bandana thingy..hehe thats like the first thing i notice when i saw i video..i was like "WHOA!!"...=)

-Xig-

Black Sugar
05-25-2002, 06:27 PM
The red scarf...?

This is all about style man... all about style!

folken001
05-25-2002, 06:32 PM
I would like to see when will Team Ninja stop licking MS's balls.

DOA3 valleyball...wow, I can't wait to play that game! (for those who didn't get, this is 200 percnet sarcasm)

ATMA
05-27-2002, 01:17 AM
Well i think team Ninja is very happy cause even if their game sucks they still will get paid like the game sell alot of units,But i'm sure team Ninja will be shocked when they see Shinobi i just hope Shinobi will come with a solid story,I'm one of those who(still)believe that a game isn't all about graphics and gameplay ..story is one of the most important so lets all wait and pray!!
And i've always seen DOA games as a sell out,all about "bouncing" and really no gameplay,I hope Namco and Capcom won't become like this !!

ATMA
06-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Have you gamers seen the new game of Shinobi ??You could see the main character does have a looooong red scarf !!and he also have a claw on one hand and he got a "helmet" type of thing on his face wich looks like he got 4-eyes!!If you look carefull you could see the glowing 4 dots!!!And also the game will play in a modern Japan and after a big earthquake!!!So what do you think so far of Shinobi ???:D

Overlord
06-27-2002, 12:16 PM
ATMA:
So what do you think so far of Shinobi ???

Shinobi is a ninja. And you know what I think about ninjas. Do you think Shinobi is more of a Sterotypical Ninja or a Manga/Anime based ninja?

ATMA
06-27-2002, 12:19 PM
Hey MM post that links about Ninja i'm sure alot of members will laugh their butt off!!!LOL..
Well i don't know i think more of like Jubei type of ninja only with different looks ..but nontheless deadly !!!But it seem to have a nice story so far but i can say much since i don't know more of the story but time will tell !!!

Overlord
06-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Ninjas really have the real ultimate power:

REAL ULTIMATE POWER!! (http://realultimatepower.net/)

Jagt_Mirage
06-27-2002, 02:54 PM
While I agree story is definitely important, it depends alot on the genres we're talking about. For RPGs, adventures, and SLGs, story MAKES the game. In fact I would say the contribution of story to one of those games is over 50%. Its almost impossible to have a good RPG/SLG/adventure game if the story sux. But for something like fighters, shooters, generally action games, stories could be as little as an afterthought.. and the game still might be pretty good. Obviously it won't be as good as a game that has a great story, but a bad story wouldn't exactly kill it.

ATMA
06-27-2002, 03:57 PM
TO Jagt_Mirage: It almost like you were supose to put this post in the debate section!!You see i made a thread about what plays a big role in a game or what does it take for a game to be good!!You might check it in the debate section!!

But for something like fighters, shooters, generally action games, stories could be as little as an afterthought

Remember the story mode in Soul calibur ?

DeathStroke
06-27-2002, 06:45 PM
You'd have a better chance of convincing them if you mentioned Soul Blade, Soul Calibur's predecessor. It's story mode was much deeper than Soul Calibur's. Part of the reason why I think the first Soul game was better than the second.

On to Shinobi, this game looks sweet. This game along with Devil May Cry 2 and Tenchu 3 ought to make anybody forget about Ninja Gaiden.

dark_wind
06-28-2002, 07:44 AM
" i just hope Shinobi will come with a solid story,I'm one of those who(still)believe that a game isn't all about graphics and gameplay ..story is one of the most important so lets all wait and pray!!
And i've always seen DOA games as a sell out,all about "bouncing" and really no gameplay,I hope Namco and Capcom won't become like this !!"

some nice points there
i also agree that story is also one of the most important features in a game. but then again im more of an action and rpg gamer(well as if u didn't see that one comming :p)
yeah i hope this game comes out with a nice storyline and many other games like kingdom hearts(most anticipated), devil may cry 2 etc have nice detailed stories aswell.

Lynx
06-28-2002, 10:31 AM
I can't wait for Shinobi. I love watching his red scarf thing trail behind him. Apparently, when you defeat an enemy, if you watch their bodies for a few seconds, they're bodies will just stand there, then the torso will slide apart and it'll drop to the floor. I wsh there was some video of this :(

ATMA, I don't think the glowing things on his helmet type thing are eyes, but I could be wrong. I have yet to see a really good pic of his face.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-28-2002, 11:14 AM
I sincerely doubt he has four eyes.

But, anyways, I'm just glad Shinobi will give Ninja Gaiden a run for it's money. Someone needs to slap Tecmo around, and make them realize it's not all about the pretty pictures.

If I had a PS2 I'd buy Shinobi, one of the classics of the past. Really glad Sega bringing this back in style. Just one more game I hope comes over to the 'cube.

He kind of reminds me a lot of Strider though.

ATMA
06-29-2002, 02:55 PM
Well if you look closely it's 4 dots!!But ofcourse that doesn't mean he got 4 eyes!!But i also doubt he has 4 eyes!! Perhaps in the next couple months or weeks we'll know the thruth behind the mask!!:D
But so far what've seen from Shinobi i think, this game will be very sweet and also does anyone knows about how long this game will be ???