PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Square's E3 showings?

Investor27
05-23-2002, 03:12 PM
Can't wait to see whether FF tactic will be offered on the PS2 or when FFXII will be out.

typexig
05-23-2002, 04:12 PM
yeah i cant wait for FFXII..i wonder how it will look..=).. i just have a good feeling that XII is a squares lucky number.. bringing the some people who worked on Vagrant Story and FFT to FFXII is a good idea, cuz both VS and FFT are great games..=)

-Xig-

Investor27
05-24-2002, 11:25 AM
Has that been confirmed? Is Square really going to bring in people from Vagrant Story and FF Tactics for FF XII? That would then be one awesome game...one that is definitelly offer a new and different approach to the old Final Fantasy games.

ATMA
05-24-2002, 01:03 PM
Yes it's been confirmed about a few months ago i think (if not a year ago ),But can't wait either for that one !!wonder what new type of engine will they use ..they always use a new and better one !!
And Square also confirmed/or said that FFXII will go back to the roots ..wether they mean like FFIX or like the good ol old school style ..Don't know PLUS i also heard that FFXII might have to do alot with dragons (but i heard this aloooooong time ago so don't bet your lunch money on it !!! ..But the whise man said "TIME WILL TELL ":cool:

Bookbagninja
05-24-2002, 07:32 PM
The last time Square said that they were going back to their roots was when they was making Final Fantasy IX. That was a good game. I would have reason to get a station2 if FF XII was like IX and VI.
And yeah, Square had a little booth in Sony's area showing off FF XI and Kingdom Hearts.

Black Sugar
05-24-2002, 11:47 PM
Yasumi Matsuno (producer of both FF Tactics & Vagrant) will produce the new Final Fantasy XII. I don't if either Akihiko Yoshida (Character Designer) or Masaki Kobayashi (Battle Programmer) will join Matsuno-san for the upcoming project.

This will be one of the best FF title ever, don't worry about it

Bookbagninja
05-25-2002, 01:23 AM
I surely hope so, BB. Give me a real good reason to get a PS2... other than the price drop and the fact that Dance Dance Max is coming out for it. :D