PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Final Fantasy X-2 Opening Movie

Rubeus
03-15-2003, 01:29 AM
Here is a new Final Fantasy X-2 Opening Movie from Yami Plala of Japan, which features Yuna performing the theme song Real Emotion in the stage (song by Kumi Koda).

Final Fantasy X-2 Opening Movie (52MB, MPEG)
http://yami.plala.jp:774/upnop/data/yami2629.mpg

Check out the motion capture dance of Yuna, it's like watching a real concert clip, the song is not bad too!
:D

Zod
03-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Can't get it to work. :(

Nightmare Z
03-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Man, that movie is taking a really long time to download. It's almost like every FF fan who hasn't recieved the game yet (that's outside Japan) is downloading that movie. :(

Zod, just keep trying to download it over and over again and it might actually work for you. It took me three times to get it to actually work for me.

Zod
03-15-2003, 10:18 AM
That's what I did, and finally got it. Thanks.

Rikku must have visited some Al Bhed plastic surgeon because the cut scene doesn't have her as Asian any more, unlike FF-X's cut scenes.

Twelve
03-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Zod

Rikku must have visited some Al Bhed plastic surgeon because the cut scene doesn't have her as Asian any more, unlike FF-X's cut scenes.

LOL...no comment, but oh how I wish I could!

Cobi*
03-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Nicole's Sky
LOL...no comment, but oh how I wish I could!

now i really want to know what you think of her look! i always thought she looked like this playboy model i saw in a movie but eh, what do i know :D

i'm waiting on the download too! 57% and counting. everytime i check it the transfer rate seems lower than before :irked"

Hisoka
03-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Awesome video, really ;)
The FMVs impress me everytime I watch them, imagine when the actual gameplay will look like that :eek:

Drunken Savior
03-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Wow...looks pretty. That is all.

DeathStroke
03-16-2003, 02:34 AM
Awesome movie. Are they going to bring the game to America with that song or will they localize the song?

MoMo
03-16-2003, 02:48 AM
Isnt this an old video? didnt they have this around 1 to 2 weeks ago?

Rubeus
03-16-2003, 02:54 AM
I am not sure, but I think this one is the actual opening movie from the game, not a "mock-up" posted in IGN few weeks ago, with no sound and the real life Kumi Koda moving around. This one has Yuna singing in the stage in full CG.

gearhound1
03-16-2003, 08:16 PM
ok...that was stupid.

can anybody spell cheese? i can: C-H-E-E-S-E, as in CHEESEY!

Cobi*
03-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by gearhound
ok...that was stupid.

can anybody spell cheese? i can: C-H-E-E-S-E, as in CHEESEY!

:haha: yeah, it's really cheesy, but i liked the motion capture they used and seeing more of paine :D

eh, i'm still waiting to play the game but this "music video" thing has certainly changed my expectations. i'm expecting less final fantasy x and more light-hearted adventure... i don't get the impression that this game is a "serious" rpg.

Choco_Boco
03-16-2003, 11:12 PM
oh my good nana them graphics purdy!

hopefully i'll like the gameplay in this one better than ffX and play the game instead of spending all my time drooling in the luca sphere theater...

BUT YAY! yuna looks really unnatural singing with that voice esp. since she had such a soft voice in X... I agree rikku has gone from asian to hawain(sp?) looking... I was actually very surprised that FFX seemed to be the first widely publicized rpg that made some of the characters asian... good for them! the only other asians in video games i can think of off the top of my head are the kids in Onimusha... oh and Dynasty Wurriors can y'all help me out

Rubeus
03-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Almost every single fighting game out there has some Asian characters in it! Like CHun Li, Ryu, Honda, Kyo, Iori, Kasumi, Lei Fang, etc, etc!!

What about Jackie Chan's adventure games and Jet Li in Sony's Rise to honor?

Asians are EVERYWHERE!

Choco_Boco
03-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Asian invasion!

sin75
03-17-2003, 09:08 PM
what's wrong with asian being everywhere? don't forget China's population is 1.3 billion, not including Japan, Taiwan, Singapore etc.. the US is only about 300-400 million if i remember correctly.

Cobi*
03-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by sin75
what's wrong with asian being everywhere? don't forget China's population is 1.3 billion, not including Japan, Taiwan, Singapore etc.. the US is only about 300-400 million if i remember correctly.

i don't recall reading anything that said there was something wrong with it...

Dreamkin
03-18-2003, 05:24 AM
Hey watch it... I AM an Asian... Well, at least technically.

:spinface: :haha:

Choco_Boco
03-18-2003, 05:34 PM
sorry if y'all took offence to that... none meant???

Rubeus
03-19-2003, 03:31 PM
I think RPGamer has posted a mirror to the FFX-2 Opening movie in their website, not sure if it is the exact same thing though.

You may want to check it out at:

http://movies.rpgamer.com/ff/ffx-2/ffx-2_intro.mpg

**** Spoiler info: ******

The Yuna you saw in the opening movie, it turns out she is NOT Yuna after all! She is the leader of Yuna's rival team Le Blanc in disguise, that's why Rikku and Paine were after her in the concert!

Zod
03-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Anyone know of any sites with more than just the intro and previews?

XzenoGear
03-19-2003, 07:59 PM
I aint gonna look at this clip, man i did'nt do the same for RE Zero & didn't enjoy it!:crazy:

sin75
03-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Zod : Anyone know of any sites with more than just the intro and previews?

You can either ask me or Dreamkin about the game since we got it already... hehehe but errr don't ask me anything about the story coz I don't understand any Japanese except for the menu and Items..