PDA

View Full Version : Fallout Brotherhood of Steel coming to the PS2

Renegade X
03-12-2003, 09:53 PM
I know that alot of you don't even know what Fallout is, and if don't know what it is, SHAME ON YOU!! And go get educated... All I have to say is I hope this game lives up to the Fallout name.

Dreamkin
03-13-2003, 03:55 AM
Isn't that game the name of the so called Fallout III?

In that case I have played it on PC. And it's just a squad based tactical combat game. The maps are too big to the point of getting boring. The game was supposed to be X-Com (UFO in Europe) with Fallout flavour. But it couldn't get even near the fun of X-Com. Must be because half of the original Fallout Crew left and the other half was not responsible for it.

As far as I know one half of that crew is responsible for the RPG called Arcanum. The other half recently produced Icewind Dale 2 and now working on a secret project. Rumor has it that this project can be "Torment 2". :spinface: It it IS Torment 2 indeed I'll...
A)forget my console for a while
B)Probably upgrade my computer

and
C) Yes I think we DO need a PC forum too.

Renegade X
03-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Dreamkin
Isn't that game the name of the so called Fallout III?

In that case I have played it on PC. And it's just a squad based tactical combat game. The maps are too big to the point of getting boring. The game was supposed to be X-Com (UFO in Europe) with Fallout flavour. But it couldn't get even near the fun of X-Com. Must be because half of the original Fallout Crew left and the other half was not responsible for it.

As far as I know one half of that crew is responsible for the RPG called Arcanum. The other half recently produced Icewind Dale 2 and now working on a secret project. Rumor has it that this project can be "Torment 2". :spinface: It it IS Torment 2 indeed I'll...
A)forget my console for a while
B)Probably upgrade my computer

and
C) Yes I think we DO need a PC forum too.

No, this isn't Fallout 3, this is like the Icewind Dale, it's the combat based version of Fallout... And while I say they really need to get their butts to working on Fallout 3 , I still can't ignore the fact that this game is going to be in full 3d.

Dreamkin
03-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Aren't we walking about Fallout Tactics here?
If yes, that game was released a long time ago on PC
If no, I hope the new game is not like that at all...

Renegade X
03-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Dreamkin
Aren't we walking about Fallout Tactics here?
If yes, that game was released a long time ago on PC
If no, I hope the new game is not like that at all...

Well, the full title of Fallout Tactics was "Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel" but from the screen shots they have at Gamespy (www.gamespy.com) this looks like a totally new game done in the Fallout style. (It's fully 3D, no joke)

Seska
03-14-2003, 07:40 PM
BAh, they should quit stalling and make Fallout 3 already. :p

broken silence
03-15-2003, 01:47 AM
i wish i could play fallout 1 & 2 i only played Tactics

anyways is this fallout RPG or like tactics

Dreamkin
03-15-2003, 04:00 AM
Hoped so... But the Fallout license is not with the team anymore as far as I know. And the team is scattered around anyway. Now all I can hope is Torment 2

:wink: