PDA

View Full Version : Any review on PSone Capcom VS SNK Pro?

saga
04-18-2002, 03:29 AM
Can anyone give me a review on PSone Capcom VS SNK Pro?

http://www.capcom.co.jp/product/pssnkpro/index_ie.html

runhinrun
04-18-2002, 08:29 AM
i downloaded some vids on the game. it appears slow and the load times are horrible. about 9 to 10 seconds (like king of fighters 99). and some frames appear to be missing. i can only assume from the vids i watched.

if you want to look at those vids, check ign.

if i were you, i'd just get capcom vs snk 2.

Rubeus
04-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Are there any new features in the PSone version? Like new characters or moves? It's nice to see Capcom making PSone games again, they have almost turned away from all platforms after making all their fighting games on Dreamcast.

tinlunlau
04-19-2002, 12:46 AM
i just bought and tried playing the game today.
here are my opinions on the playstation1 rendition of "Capcom vs SNK Pro".

sound: exactly the same as the original. (i have the soundtrack on cd as well to prove it) lots of remixes of older music from the capcom and snk games added.

graphics: sprites are obviously smaller. the status bars and super bar is too small compared to what you would normally see in the arcade. new backgrounds are added from which that is not normally seen in the arcade. the sad news is all that stuff happening before a stage starts is all gone. the menu is altered a little bit. but i guess this will have to do due to the PS1's limitations.

controls: i thought it was a little stiff and i noticed it did moves automatically for me. wasn't too bad, tho.

gameplay: ey! it's a fighting game. what more to expect? i haven't played the game extensively yet and i just got it today but it seems capcom's added alot of extra modes to play around with so the replay value would be very high.

overall: it's not bad. but it feels like playing SF Alpha 2 on a SNES if you catch my drift here.

saga
04-19-2002, 03:17 AM
OK, thanks everybody........

saga
04-19-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by tinlunlau
i just bought and tried playing the game today.
here are my opinions on the playstation1 rendition of "Capcom vs SNK Pro".

overall: it's not bad. but it feels like playing SF Alpha 2 on a SNES if you catch my drift here.

OK, tinlunlau, can you give me a score mark for this game?

Pikachu
04-19-2002, 11:43 AM
How does it compare to the Dreamcast version of Capcom vs SNK PRO? Not to speak about the animation frames and loading time, does it have all the characters, moves and so on?

tinlunlau
04-19-2002, 04:36 PM
i never tried the dreamcast so i'm making comparisons to the arcade.

and yes, it has all the characters. u can get secret characters by gaining VS points and purchasing them in the PRICE MODE. i've already gotten Evil Ryu and Evil Iori so far.

i dont' really give scores but if i had to, i'd give it around 7/10

saga
04-21-2002, 12:05 AM
Everybody, I bought the game yesterday, it's a good fighting game.

The sound quality & music is high; Control & gameplay is good; Graphic & background is beautiful, but the sprites are not smooth & the loading time is quite long (it's better than what I expected).

Since I have no PS2 yet, so I wonder the sprites & loading time is better in PS2 console? Did anyone play the game on PS2?

Overall, it's one of the best 2D fighting game in PSone.

saga
04-21-2002, 07:40 AM
Refer to some words from tinlunlau:
"the sad news is all that stuff happening before a stage starts is all gone."

Just now I went to Arcade amusement centre, it was a long time I haven't gone to that place, maybe 2 years I think.

Now saw the Original Capcom VS SNK Pro from Arcade. Originally, at the start of the fight, there are some intros about how the background of the stage happend.

Just like the car crash into the truck. An amazing background intro, short & interesting....

Now the PSX Capcom VS SNK Pro is missing that advantages...... Anyway, I still like it even the stages or background intros all was removed from the game........

see ya......

tinlunlau
04-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by saga
Refer to some words from tinlunlau:
"the sad news is all that stuff happening before a stage starts is all gone."

Just now I went to Arcade amusement centre, it was a long time I haven't gone to that place, maybe 2 years I think.

Now saw the Original Capcom VS SNK Pro from Arcade. Originally, at the start of the fight, there are some intros about how the background of the stage happend.

Just like the car crash into the truck. An amazing background intro, short & interesting....

Now the PSX Capcom VS SNK Pro is missing that advantages...... Anyway, I still like it even the stages or background intros all was removed from the game........

see ya......

you forgot the sad little fact that in the SONSON stage, the roof doesn't collapse like the arcade version.

Soul4ger
04-22-2002, 05:03 PM
EDIT: Doheth, wrong board. Nevermind...