PDA

View Full Version : M.S announced ...........!!??

dream4colin
05-22-2002, 06:50 PM
From a reliable source, X-Box's price gonna drop down from $199.99 to $179.99 in June 1st. This is a reliable source from someone work for M.S and he's doing all the marketing work for x-box, because X-box doing really sh!t so far, and P.S.2 doing much better, so drop it's price is the only chance ( little tiny chance) can beat P.S.2, even tho droping the price might help, but, it won't help much for my own opinion.
anyway, I will buy it for sure, after it drop down the price. just for Ninja Gaiden, and Halo.
Would you buy one too?
:rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :mad: :p :o :( :) :D Funny? haha

typexig
05-22-2002, 07:24 PM
ama wait until they release panzer dragoon orta or Ninja Gaiden..hehe maybe by the time those two games hit shelves the price of the xbox will be $99..hehe=)

-Xig-

DBJAY
05-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Well, that literally is not true. Xbox wouldn't drop price this past week, then shave off 20 bucks June 1st.

Xbox isn't doing as poor as some people might think. It hasn't even been on retail shelves in N. America a full year! Comparing the PS2 sales over two years, to the sales of Xbox since late Nov. of 01 to May 02, (and even less time in Europe and Japan) is the height of poor logic.

Also, keep in mind Xbox has a 2 billion dollar committment to the Xbox so it will be around a solid five years.

typexig
05-22-2002, 08:29 PM
what are you talking bout? xbox was not in shelve for a full year here in N. America? iono bout that, cuz i go to the mall and target alot, and evey time i go there, there's alway like 3-4 xboxes in the shelve..hehe..=)K

-Xig-

dream4colin
05-22-2002, 08:54 PM
x-box never never ever have sold out..
it always in the store. and thousand of people trying to get rid of it too..

typexig
05-22-2002, 11:12 PM
yup yup!!

specineff13
05-23-2002, 12:41 AM
Hmmm.....interesting.....but highly unlikely. I think you should check with this "reliable resource" again, because personally, I think droping the price twice in two months is the worst marketing strategy I have ever heard......either your "resouce" know nothing of marketing or MS is not selling a single unit of X-box......

typexig
05-23-2002, 03:33 AM
yup yup, im with you specineff13. dropping the price twice in a month is the worst strategry ever. And if they do this, then this shows that M$ is hecka desperate to sell their thing called the Xbox..i have a feeling that as we post here, Mr Gate is crying in his room, asking himself "Why cant we beat that Sony thingy=( WHY! WHY! WHY!".....=)

-Xig-

Seska
05-24-2002, 08:43 AM
At this point MS probably doesnt really care if they make a loss in selling XBox consoles. All they care about is buying into the insdustry and making lots of Xbox users, getting those black bulky boxes in the home of as many gamers as possible. They will make the cash back from software sales, just like sony does.

Theres a couple of very good exclusives lined up for Xbox, so I wouldnt be too surprised if by the end of the year they do hit the worldwide 3 million mark as long as they get those titles out on time. Of course most of that will be from US sales, I dont see much of a future for Xbox in Japan or Europe.

Afro Aura
06-04-2002, 11:57 AM
Like Specineff13 said that would be the worst marketing ploy, the XBOX is doing well over here in the UK and in other Europe countries and in the US theres no problem there so I'm wandering are you all tying to sell PS2 and Game Cubes on a XBOX site hmmmm
now with the PS2 of course the XBOX won't win this year as there are over 30 million units out there but like XBOX is had to start somewhere and to tell you the truth it's doing pretty well and I don't think Mr Gates it crying in his room about the PS2, $2 billion can do a lot for a machine, lets see how this story changes at the end of the year

Vicviper
06-04-2002, 02:24 PM
ama wait until they release panzer dragoon orta or Ninja Gaiden..hehe maybe by the time those two games hit shelves the price of the xbox will be $99..hehe=)

That would be nice. I would be very interested in a box by then.