PDA

View Full Version : Mother 3?? Possibly!

Mutter
03-01-2003, 04:42 PM
From gamesarefun.com:

Mother 1 + 2 on GBA, Mother 3 on GC!
We've been following the story of Earthbound on the Game Boy Advance for a long time, and it looks like our hunch was right. Word has leaked out of Nintendo that two new Mother games are in the works, one for the GBA and the other for the GameCube.

Mother 1 + 2 is a remake of the original Famicom Mother game, plus the Super Nintendo installment (called Earthbound in North America). It will have completely rehauled graphics, and should release around the same time as the Game Boy Player.

Mother 3 was originally in development for the Nintendo 64, but was cancelled because of lengthy development and poor results. The game is being remade for the GameCube, and should hit Japanese retailers this August!

Finally, there's a report that Enix is working on a Dragon Quest V remake. No console has been specified, but word has it that the game will be a straight port; GBA comes immediately to mind.

This information all comes courtesy of Japanese website QUITER, and although it HASN'T BEEN COFIRMED, we believe you could be hearing something from Nintendo within the next month or so.

markavellie
03-03-2003, 12:27 AM
Please God.

MoMo
03-03-2003, 01:13 AM
I dont get what was so fun about Earth bound, can yall tell me what makes you like it better than some RPG's?

Tael
03-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by MoMo
I dont get what was so fun about Earth bound, can yall tell me what makes you like it better than some RPG's?
It was just an odd, quirky game, that was fun to play. Plus you could see the random monsters and try to avoid them.

markavellie
03-03-2003, 10:33 AM
It's more nostalgia for me. One of the first RPGs I got into. Quirky is a good way to describe it. The story isn't great, neither is the character development, but the NPCs...they are so full of personality.

Neo Otacon
03-03-2003, 12:43 PM
A NEW EARTHBOUND?!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~!!!!!!

Hemmorrhoid
03-03-2003, 04:27 PM
its really no surprise if it does get developed because
its a big franchise and nintendo already got very far with the n64 version

many n64 versions were pushed to cube like
RE0, Eternal Darkness, SFA, Mario Sunshine (presumably) and I think more

nintendo realized it would be stupid to release such 'powerful' games so late in the 64 lifespan

Robo Halloween
03-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Hemmorrhoid

many n64 versions were pushed to cube like
RE0, Eternal Darkness, SFA, Mario Sunshine (presumably) and I think more

Yes, I remember when Street Fighter Alpha was originally planned for N64. And it was originally called Dinosaur Planet.:haha:

I read somewhere that Rare was going to give up with Perfect Dark on N64 and develope it for GC also.

MoMo
03-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Ugh, XBOX has Perfect Dark now...

Robo Halloween
03-03-2003, 05:40 PM
The fact that people want to bother with another Perfect Dark is what makes me go "ugh".

Hemmorrhoid
03-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Dont lets this become another PD discussion.
No I dont mind that we have no PD. After all, it might really suck.

Im so hyped and excited about the 2003 lineup. Its just really awesome.

Ness
03-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, there have been many rumors...And this better be true....I would scream very loud if it is officially announced. Earthbound=Favorite game of all time

Kid0_oIcarus
03-04-2003, 09:13 AM
Hmm.. starmen.net has the same thing up (but they got it from gamesarefun.com)

I feel all tingly inside.. :D

Hemmorrhoid
03-04-2003, 11:16 AM
I have no idea how reliable gamesarefun.com are but this makes enough sense anyway. Not that I believe it or take it for fact, but its highly likely for logic reasons.

Mutter
03-04-2003, 01:00 PM
gamesarefun.com are more reliable than most of the sites out there. They don't sensationalize and heavily point out what they are saying is just rumours. Most of what they report is normally truthful.

Nem
03-04-2003, 07:30 PM
I really dont know this mother/earthbound series, but if it is a good RPG the im all thumbs up for it! Good RPGs never are too many (espeacily on RPG famished GC).