PDA

View Full Version : WHATS THE DEAL WITH THIS??? 2new Zeldas!!

Hemmorrhoid
03-01-2003, 02:52 PM
- Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto has confimred that two new Zelda titles are in development for GameCube, one will continue to use the toon-shading graphics as in Wind Waker, another one will use the realistic graphics as in Ocarina of Time

This was on themagicbox.com, when did he say that???
He never even said what graphics the next Zelda would have, and he never announced 2 new Zeldas?!?!?!?

Mutter
03-01-2003, 03:26 PM
Oh BABY!!!!!!

I wish there was a smilie to indicate an orgasm....

YES!!!!

Stokesy
03-01-2003, 06:52 PM
Wha.... this is wierd.....no where else has this news around....where did the magicbox hear this?? It's not like them to make stuff up....

nintendo
03-01-2003, 09:04 PM
the mods at the planetgamecube forums denounced this announcement already. they said it must be a misunderstanding in translation.......i dont think its true....:mad:

Appsaa
03-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Well he said something about using the graphics engine again in a magizine interview I read...
but I dunno.. I hope its true..
the-magicbox.com isn't one to start rumors...

Renegade X
03-01-2003, 09:49 PM
I know that there was some rumor or maybe it was an actual fact that there will be another Zelda for the cube but it wouldn't use the Wind Waker cel-shading style. I think they said they where going to give the realistic style a chance next. But don't quote me on that statment.

MoMo
03-02-2003, 01:19 AM
uhhh, this BETTER NOT BE LYING DAANGIT!!!! :too mad:

DBJAY
03-02-2003, 04:14 AM
Capcom is handling a new Zelda title for the GBA. Also, he did mention that the toon shading engine of Wind Waker would be easy to use in another game. Far from a confirmation of two new Zeldas for the Gamecube however.

XzenoGear
03-02-2003, 05:18 AM
I think that 2 zeldas are in the making. One of them has the cel shadded look, & the other has the realistic look.

Hemmorrhoid
03-02-2003, 09:23 AM
this has to be bull
shiggy never said that
wonder why magicbox interpreted that

MoMo
03-02-2003, 12:36 PM
I hate it when this happens, first some news makes you really excited and surprised and then the next day you find out its not true...:crying:

Mutter
03-02-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by MoMo
I hate it when this happens, first some news makes you really excited and surprised and then the next day you find out its not true...:crying:

Bit of a bugger aint it!

Rubeus
03-02-2003, 10:45 PM
This is from IGN:

Spaceworld 2000 Zelda models and engine still running. To be re-evaluated for a future game or possibly the next Zelda.
-------------------------

In addition, Nintendo has already confirmed a new Zelda game is under development for GameCube.

So it may turn out to be two new Zelda games after all!

MoMo
03-02-2003, 10:49 PM
They got rid of that news on the-magicbox now, meaning it isnt true

markavellie
03-02-2003, 11:25 PM
If it's true, one is on Gameboy and one is on the cube. I heard speculation that it could be the Zelda they had at e3 a couple years back.

MoMo
03-03-2003, 12:14 AM
There is already a new Zelda in works for the GBA thats made by Capcom, same creators of Oracle of Time and Seasons.

MoMo
03-03-2003, 11:31 PM
The Space World Zelda 2000 showed the realistic link, but boy did his face look ugly. If they are going to make a realistic Zelda, they need to use the Link from GCUBE version of Soul Calibur 2, now that looks good.

Black Ace
03-03-2003, 11:47 PM
In just about every Zelda game release, they changed Link look. Except they've been using the model from OoT for several ocasions, and modified it a little. I'm hoping Nintendo scrape everything and starts from scratch for a new & more realistic Zelda title.

Hemmorrhoid
03-04-2003, 03:35 AM
i think the SW2000 demo looked really awesome and hasnt been surpassed by any game yet
but its true links face looked a little crappy

i hope EAD collaborate with some graphics whore 3rd party to make this game have really awesome graphics

Nem
03-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Spaceworld 2000 Zelda models and engine still running. To be re-evaluated for a future game or possibly the next Zelda.

I really hope this turns out to be a new zelda! It would be so cool (and it would be the perfect weapon to throw at those xboxers :D ou there)!

MoMo
03-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Actually, i like the cel-shaded look a little better. I understand how myamato said it would be unrealistic and wierd controls if it were to be built realistically. But to have 1 realistic one would be nice.

Hemmorrhoid
03-06-2003, 08:40 AM
same here, one of each kind would be the best

Nem
03-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Thats what I meant! One realistic zelda to show it is possible to do it! and then we choose wich style we think is best for the series! altough if both were nice we could start having one realistic, one cartoony, one realistic, one cartoony... well you get the point:D

Hemmorrhoid
03-07-2003, 07:27 AM
Yeah thats what I want. One Zelda which is Celshaded, and a really dark and moody Zelda that is realistic.
I couldnt say which I would love more, but if we would get both, OMG the world would be so great.

Bad1
03-07-2003, 05:01 PM
I read an interveiw of Shiggy that things he said could have been misunderstood. But, who knows for sure. Nintendo is so secretive, 2 new Zelda's is posible, but unlikely.

I'll wait until after I finish Wind Waker to get exited about any of this mess.

MoMo
03-07-2003, 09:25 PM
I think that the next Zelda is going to be the last Zelda for the Gamecube. He is to most likely make the other Zelda for the next Nintendo console. there were only like 2 Zelda games for N64.

Black Ace
03-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Miyamoto certainy isn't the only one to make Zelda now-a-day. The cel-shaded Zelda was done by Eiji Aonuma, who also directed Zelda Majora's Mask.

noodie
04-02-2003, 07:32 PM
actually he said nothing about the graphics BUT..i emailed game informer and they responded by tellin me that

yes in famitsu magazine miyamoto infact did say that the next zelda installment on gamecub is in planning stages, but no other details released

gearhound1
04-02-2003, 09:01 PM
TWO NEW ZELDA'S

ONE ON GC
ONE ON GBA

it isn't that hard to figure out people.:sing:

Reality
04-02-2003, 10:01 PM
The only thing Nintendo would need to do for the Next Zelda to make me happy is use the cartoon graphic style of Melee's Link.

noodie
04-02-2003, 10:45 PM
ok second and final time..

i emailed game informere, nintendo and a slew of other companies..and it was in famitsu magazine

the next legend of zelda for gc is in planning stages

this is NOT THE GB VERSION

gearhound1
04-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by noodie
ok second and final time..

i emailed game informere, nintendo and a slew of other companies..and it was in famitsu magazine

the next legend of zelda for gc is in planning stages

this is NOT THE GB VERSION

it may not be the GBA version, but there is a GBA version being developed by capcom.

Black Ace
04-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Nintendo has two different team at EAD developing Zelda games. OoT team was split into two teams, one of whom developed Majora's Mask, and the other worked on Master Quest (a remixed of OoT). The team who develops Zelda Wind Waker is the same as Majora's Mask, while the other team is busy working on another Zelda game and this is the Zelda title Nintendo is talking about as the next release for GameCube. They may be picking up work again on the Spaceworld 2000 Zelda, since it was put on hold and it was confirmed to be in development by Miyamoto.

Miyamoto recently said that they are evaluating to use the cel-shaded engine from WW for another Zelda or something new, so there may be indeed two Zelda in the work at Nintendo now. One might be in the planning stage from the Wind Waker team -- but it is unknowned at this point if the project is Zelda or a new game, rest assured the team is working on something. WW team completed the Zelda you're playing now almost 6 months ago!

Capcom Zelda game is not even part of this discussion. So don't get that confused as the second Zelda game.

While at it, I'll divulge a little on Super Mario 128. SM128 is possibly SM64-2, which was never released! SM128 has been in development for a <i>long</i> time, which makes me spectulate that it is indeed SM64-2 with a new name. The game is expected to come out less than 8 months from now, Nintendo targeting a release this fall/winter in Japan.

noodie
04-03-2003, 01:18 AM
ok ONE MORE TIME..

MIYAMOTO SAID IN AN INTERVIEW..THERE IS ANOTHER ZELDA FOR THE GAMECUBE IN THE PLANNING STAGES..HE SAID THIS BACK IN FEBRUARY...SO WHOVER POSTED BEFORE THIS POST..READ THIS ONCE MORE

IT IS ZELDA FOR THE GAMECUBE..NO OTHER DETAILS RELEASED..

my guess is that first of all they said that the realistic link demo is still runnin as is the engine..

i think the feedback from the change in graphics is making them make the next one realistic style

but nerate

THERE IS ANOTHER ONE IN PLANNING STAGES..PERIOD

Renegade X
04-03-2003, 02:05 AM
ok ONE MORE TIME..

MIYAMOTO SAID IN AN INTERVIEW..THERE IS ANOTHER ZELDA FOR THE GAMECUBE IN THE PLANNING STAGES..HE SAID THIS BACK IN FEBRUARY...SO WHOVER POSTED BEFORE THIS POST..READ THIS ONCE MORE

IT IS ZELDA FOR THE GAMECUBE..NO OTHER DETAILS RELEASED..

my guess is that first of all they said that the realistic link demo is still runnin as is the engine..

i think the feedback from the change in graphics is making them make the next one realistic style

but nerate

THERE IS ANOTHER ONE IN PLANNING STAGES..PERIOD

...... Oooooh man I wish Newbie Hazing wasn't illegal....
Ok,

We know there is a another Zelda in development for the Gamecube... it's being handled by a in-house Nintendo developer... but there is also a new Zelda coming out for the Gameboy Advance thats being developed by Capcom... Ok, so we got this clear now, 2 new Zeldas, one GC bound, the other going to the GBA. Shesh... and as for Game Informer, somebody hand me a couple dozen Air Sick bags...

noodie
04-03-2003, 03:36 AM
hey say what u want about game informer but point is, they are behind the scenes and can find out things we cant, and they respond to letters unlike about a milliion other magazines outthere, so whatevr the case, they have access to what we dont....

Renegade X
04-03-2003, 04:57 AM
hey say what u want about game informer but point is, they are behind the scenes and can find out things we cant, and they respond to letters unlike about a milliion other magazines outthere, so whatevr the case, they have access to what we dont....

Yeah, why get something off the internet at 30 to 40 days before a magizine does and spend up to 20 dollars a year for the information. The only magzines worth anything nowadays are OXM, Nintendo Power, and whatever the PS2's offical mag is and PC Gamer and EGM are good every now and then. everything else is just reporting the same stuff over and over.

gearhound1
04-03-2003, 10:28 AM
you will find information in PLAY magzine that you won't find in anyother mag. PLAY just flat out rocks. if you loved gamefan and gamers republic, you will love play. dave halverson is a gaming journalist god; he rocks.

Hemmorrhoid
04-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Well Wind Waker is the best game ever and yet I want a realistic Zelda after this one.

ATMA
04-03-2003, 11:39 AM
I think this is the interview. Miyamoto & Aonuma's interview (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=87770)

Miyamoto: It is now taking a long time to come up with the basic engine for whatever we're working on, so if we can make use of existing technology, that's obviously better for me as a producer. As a producer and a games designer, I'm hopeful we can make use of the Wind Waker engine for future games. And since the functionality of the GC is so high I'm sure this will be the case.

Now this one sounds alittle bit peculiar

Aonuma:
We didn't have anything major left over when we finished Wind Waker, but some of the ideas we had that didn't make it into Wind Waker are already integrated into some of our next projects which may or may not be making use of the Wind Waker engine. Is this going to be the new Zelda game? I cannot commit to that.

It's hard to say but I can't remember reading somewhere that there were 2 Zeldas in production. I think he said only 1 for the cube and Capcom is working on another,and the WW engine will be used for other projects.

And now for something totaly different:
This interview was made at DICE summit in Las Vegas

Miyamoto:
Unfortunately, I can't discuss in detail about anything that HAL Labs is working on at the moment. What I can say is that they have increased in size recently. In conjunction with that, they have increased the number of projects they are working on and the amount of work that they're doing, so that's some good news. As far as having Namco's characters appear in another Smash Bros., we have not discussed anything like that at this point. I personally always like to joke about putting Sonic in Smash Bros.

Most great ideas start as a joke Miyamoto-San! :cool guy:

noodie
04-03-2003, 01:39 PM
thats not the interview..the interview was in famitsu only, and he said that the other one is planning stages already....

ATMA
04-03-2003, 03:38 PM
MIYAMOTO SAID IN AN INTERVIEW..THERE IS ANOTHER ZELDA FOR THE GAMECUBE IN THE PLANNING STAGES..HE SAID THIS BACK IN FEBRUARY...

When you think about this, it's kinda funny. According to you ..here you stated the interview was in the February edition of Famitsu.. right? (but this interview musta been done weeks before Famitsu's February edition came out, so i'm taking this interview musta be recorded in January) while the interview before he got to London was done by the end of February and the interview of Dice summit was done in March and when asked about the sequels about Zelda he didn't mention a thing about two Zeldas or that one will be realistic or whatso ever.(He did however mention there's deffently ONE sequel coming for the cube & Capcom is working on a GBA version)! All he said was they are considering what to do with the WW engine (ie what Aonuma mention:"We didn't have anything major left over when we finished Wind Waker, but some of the ideas we had that didn't make it into Wind Waker are already integrated into some of our next projects which may or may not be making use of the Wind Waker engine. Is this going to be the new Zelda game? I cannot commit to that.")

Now why would he say to Famitsu before the end of February that there are two Zeldas in the work (meaning two zelda for the Cube and NOT one for the Cube & and one for the GBA according to you) , and when he was outside Japan he said something else? You have to excuse me for not believing your claims ..we here at the magicbox forums are use to provide links when we report something to back it up. That is all.;)

Renegade X
04-03-2003, 04:35 PM
thats not the interview..the interview was in famitsu only, and he said that the other one is planning stages already....

noodie, I'm gonna offer some advice... if your gonna be a know it all.... know-it-all.... if you don't know what I mean... if your gonna make a point and fight it, offer more than one source, and I'd suggest a online source because nowadays, Mags don't mean flip anymore... because 90% of the time magizine info gets leaked weeks before it's even out on newstands.... and also online sources are just so much better because none of us have to pop 3 to 5 dollars to get a copy of the information.