PDA

View Full Version : Silicon Knights Too Human update

XzenoGear
03-01-2003, 07:11 AM
PGC got the chance to speak with Silicon Knights president Denis Dyack this morning in Las Vegas. The full interview will be posted later this weekend, but here are a few choice selections:

Silicon Knights is currently working on multiple titles. Dyack would not say exactly how many there are.

SK will be showing something at E3 in May, but we don't know if it will be playable.

Too Human is still in development. Dyack describes the game as a "futuristic psychological thrilller", and he says it is very different from Eternal Darkness.

SK wants the upcoming games to have more flash and "pizazz" than Eternal Darkness did.

SK admits that Eternal Darkness left many loose ends in its story and that those loose ends may one day be explored in a new game. However, such a game is not necessarily in development right now.

PGC (http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=4017)

XzenoGear
03-01-2003, 07:12 AM
Man, This Too Human sounds like my sort of game. It supposed to be different then ED!

Black Ace
03-01-2003, 11:22 AM
IGN has a comprehensive interview with the president of Silicon Knights, the interview didn't revealed much other than what is already known. They promised a second half and didn't even post it. (yet)

Hemmorrhoid
03-01-2003, 02:46 PM
ikaragua whats in the first part???
theres gotta be more`????

XzenoGear
03-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Ikaruga
IGN has a comprehensive interview with the president of Silicon Knights, the interview didn't revealed much other than what is already known. They promised a second half and didn't even post it. (yet)

Yeah you are right, SN revealed very little! I am a IGN member! & noticed that!

Black Ace
03-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Hemmorrhoid
ikaragua whats in the first part???
theres gotta be more`????

The first part they talk about Eternal Darkness and stuff. SK didn't say anything new, just spoke briefly about the company status. And I'm guessing the last part will be post on Monday.

MoMo
03-02-2003, 07:01 PM
eh, what is the deal with Silicon Knights and Too Human? what is that game? is it going to be good or somthing?

Black Ace
03-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by MoMo
eh, what is the deal with Silicon Knights and Too Human? what is that game? is it going to be good or somthing?

I don't know much about the game. There is a preview at psx.ign.com from the cancelled Playstation game.

XzenoGear
03-03-2003, 11:20 AM
I heard that Eternall Darkness was using a little part of the original too human engine.

vengefulsong
03-03-2003, 01:14 PM
I heard that Eternall Darkness was using a little part of the original too human engine.

Yep, I believe Denis Dyack said that ED was using a "stripped-down" version of the Too Human engine. SK did such a good job with the levels in ED like the cathedral, I can only imagine what Too Human will look like.

Games Currently Playing:
Shenmue II, Suikoden III, Metroid Prime, Robotech: Battlecry, and Zelda:Oot

Mutter
03-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by vengefulsong
I can only imagine what Too Human will look like.

I imagine: very, very good :P

By the way, you can put that games playing bit into your sig you know... :P

Hemmorrhoid
03-03-2003, 03:29 PM
I remember Denis Dyack once saying that the ingame graphics look almost as good as the FMV. Now if you look at the FMV shots released, you would probably throw up at the thought of how friggin unbelievable the graphics must be *drool*