PDA

View Full Version : So this is Factor 5's Gamecube title...

baratus
02-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Dunno if this is old, but anyway...

http://www.factor5.com/thornado.shtml

Black Ace
02-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Thats been there since the N64 days. :o

baratus
02-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Whoa! :yikes:

Black Ace
02-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Another thing, Thornado was a N64 game, its been cancelled since.

baratus
02-28-2003, 03:17 PM
There's some more info on the game at the n-philes GC board. I don't know if it's old news (heck I know nothing about this game) but it may be worth checking though.

Black Ace
02-28-2003, 03:26 PM
IGN has a comprehensive coverage of the game. It was shown behind close door at Spaceworld 2000, where the cube was revealed. Also, the game was moved to GC. But I like said, it cancelled.

Like the LucasArts/Factor 5 developed Star Wars Rogue Gamecube title, the brief Thornado demo we were treated to was all running in real-time on the console's powerful hardware. In it the game's main character, a quasi-futuristic bloke with blonde hair and a trench-coat, ran swiftly across a bridge as an explosion of Independence Day proportions sent cars flying in every direction behind him. The level of detail on the character was simply amazing, from the super-high polygon model itself to the way he moved with a spectacularly realistic fluidity -- trench-coat flapping and each finger on his hands individually animated. Meanwhile, the environment he explored was gargantuan  a bridge seemingly modeled to scale and a grand depth of view with no pop up or slowdown.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/084/084116p1.html

Reality
02-28-2003, 04:51 PM
I think it would be neat to see this game in action to see what it was like. I think another Star Wars game is a sure thing though. Both LucasArts/Factor 5 and hinted about it so that's what I look to come from them.

Hemmorrhoid
03-01-2003, 04:58 AM
THIS GAME HAS BEEN CANNED OVER A YEAR AGO
THE DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS AND IDEAS WERE INCORPORATED IN OTHER NEW PROJECTS

and btw i wouldnt be so sure their 2 new games are necessarily starwars games, or atleast not both ( I hope)

XzenoGear
03-01-2003, 07:14 AM
I think that they are probably gonna be some shootemup games, like Hemmorrhoid said.

Hemmorrhoid
03-01-2003, 02:48 PM
actually i didnt say they were shootem ups
i desperately hope not
we got starfox coming already we dont need another Rogue Leader

and Thornado was definetely no shootemup, its some sorta 3rd person action game, I know it was canned, but elements were taken into new projects which sorta implies that they arent shootemups either.