PDA

View Full Version : Fedex scam

spider-prime
02-15-2018, 01:48 AM
My brother ordered some stuff last November from blizzard store, 200 dollars CDN worth of stuff.
Blizzard only sends by FedEx, stuff came to his door, custom fees were........ 109 dollars! Which is a total scam, my brother not knowing any better just paid them and he showed me it today and I was like holy shit I would have told them to send the package back.
But custom fees are normally just 13% taxes, which we normally pay and most shipping companies charge an extra 10 dollars cause they are "paying" them for you.... lol what a joke.

But last week, he got some very threatening letters and phone calls from fedex saying he didn't pay his duty fees........... of another 79 dollars! And they are claiming he had tons of packages sent from blizzard and he signed for them, which is BS.

I told him to get all the information from his blizzard order and take it to the border customs building, which is about 1 hour away, but he won't do it cause he doesn't want to waste the gas money.... lol But it's ok for them to scam him out of almost 7 times more than he should have.

But, in the letter, it looks like someone forge his signature cause they didn't even spell our last name right, cause I'm thinking the delivery man is the culprit in all of this, I think he made him sign a fake package slip and got him to give him the money and then he just made it seem like my brother just didn't pay it.
But which is stupid, cause they won't give you the package if you don't pay the fees.

For perspective, I got the Zelda Medicom figure from Japan last week, it was 350 dollars CDN and 50 dollars for DHL shipping, 50 dollars was my fees for that. Which is normal.

blah, this type of shit pisses me off cause they hold your package hostage till you pay them, I think the government should put a stop to these companies making us pay the duty fees and they pay them, I think it should be our responsibility to do it, not theirs.

Hagane
02-15-2018, 03:03 AM
Tell your brother that he's a lazy sob for allowing them to get away with this.

This idiots need to get exposed in a grand scale.

spider-prime
02-17-2018, 05:37 PM
I'm going to the border agency service office in my town, I read online, you just have to phone them and say I'm going to clear the package myself and they have to let you and I just take the info to their offices to pay the duty fees.

So I'm going there to ask for the correct way of doing this so I don't goof it up. So I have to wait till Tuesday when they are open, since Monday is a holiday for us.

Einhander
02-20-2018, 07:29 AM
Just a thought. After signing for the package, wouldn't it say on the website that he received it, proving he paid the fee?

spider-prime
02-20-2018, 02:50 PM
he paid at the door and has a receipt. But, he chickened out and just paid the other bills they sent... ugh.

SavedFromSin
02-21-2018, 11:25 PM
2 guys in my area tried to scam an elderly woman this same way and she knew what they were doing and, with the help of the police, led them into a trap in which they were arrested.

MaryCasey
03-19-2018, 08:11 PM
So its not a Fedex scam, instead its the crook delivery guy who is doing this. I believe even fedex will support your case if you provide them proof and explain the thing. It might sound a lot just for $80 but it might help others too as there might be many more victim

spider-prime
03-19-2018, 11:27 PM
The problem is that they said there are four packages they sent saying my brother owes the duties for them, when it should only have been one.

To prove he only had one packaged delivered would have been too annoying for him, apparently. I don't know where they came up with four packages were sent of various duties on them. They were on the phone with them for 2 hours till they just got frustrated and just gave up.

Fedex wanted Blizzard to phone them to prove it cause they wouldn't take their word for it or even if my brother and sister in law sent them proof.
So in a sense, they did the scam too, cause how could they think 4 packages get sent when there is only one and there should only be a record of one going through customs and border control and being processed when it was first sent, so there should be tons of records on their end of what was sent.

Joe Redifer
03-28-2018, 06:54 PM
I'm glad I don't live in Canada