PDA

View Full Version : Whats a game you can keep going back to?

Mutter
02-27-2003, 05:04 PM
My mate wants to get a game, but it has to be one he can just pick up and play over and over again without completing it. So you can talk about games and help me out at the same time!

So whats your recomended game in the PS2 that fits in with what I have said?

He already has GTA3 and Gran Turismo btw.

Seska
02-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Vice City? :p Seriously though, anything other than a racing game or a sports game has little replay value once completed. You might give Wipeout a chance, its a bunch of fun and very hard to master. Socom is good too, in particular if your friend has a BBA.

Mutter
02-28-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah he thought about VC, but he has played it round a mates house and thinks its ****. :o

So nothing? SOCOM isn't out here (England) yet....

Drunken Savior
02-28-2003, 03:17 PM
On the Ps2, Vice City! I own that town! Give me even a bad look and I'm after you with my chopper! Such a good stress reliever.

happyokay
02-28-2003, 05:26 PM
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII.

FFX for blitzball:D

Twelve
02-28-2003, 07:27 PM
I keep going back to RING OF RED. I just can't get enough of that tecnical, slow but thrilling, mech-strategy. I love sitting back and dismantling the opponent through sheer wit...

Weird. I wouldn't call Ring of Red my favorite PS2 game but it is ALWAYS nearby my PS2. It is ALWAYS the game I fall back to when I just want to chill and play.

I suppose it is my favorite game...

happyokay
03-01-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Nicole's Sky
I keep going back to RING OF RED. I just can't get enough of that tecnical, slow but thrilling, mech-strategy. I love sitting back and dismantling the opponent through sheer wit...

Weird. I wouldn't call Ring of Red my favorite PS2 game but it is ALWAYS nearby my PS2. It is ALWAYS the game I fall back to when I just want to chill and play.

I suppose it is my favorite game...

Is there going to be a sequel?

I enjoyed the game too.

I sort of wished you could be play the enemie units.

I really like the russian units.

Rubeus
03-01-2003, 04:43 AM
I'd say Dynasty Warriors 3 from Koei, it's just pure fun to kick 1000 soldiers and generals' butts. I think I spent as much time to play DW3 as beating Final Fantasy X for 89 hours.

Seska
03-01-2003, 09:30 AM
I guess its a matter of taste, but I always enjoy givinig Tony Hawks another spin and try to see what outrageous trick combos I can pull off or to clear stages up the the very last task.

Twelve
03-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by happyokay
Is there going to be a sequel?

I enjoyed the game too.

I sort of wished you could be play the enemie units.

I really like the russian units.

I haven't heard anything, but I would love a sequel. No matter how much I love the game, there are places where the game can obviously be improved. I wish there were ways to avoid the APC or APCR shells, I wish that the ground units had more tactics. Perhaps it would be cool to be able to fight more than one mech at a time. I don't know.

But a sequel would be hot. The russians were indeed cool...they looked like tall elves!!

Cobi*
03-02-2003, 10:43 PM
you know i would recommend rez, because i've been playing that game for almost a year now and it's still as enjoyable as ever... rez isn't for everyone, you have to be somewhat open-minded...

also a game like guilty gear x (or x2) has kept me busy for hours on end, try those out :cool guy:

markavellie
03-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Metal Gear Solid. I beat that game and keep coming back to figure out a part of the plot or to play it on a harder difficulty or to see how fast I can beat it or to get a better rating at the end.

Vegetto
03-04-2003, 01:35 AM
I dont know why but I just loooove way of the samurai, I always pause on the most recent game im playing and come back to it.......I really wish theyd make a sequel to this

Nem
03-04-2003, 08:27 PM
capcom vs snk 2 has me coming back till this day so i guess its a good choice if youre into 2d fighting!

vanDestroy
03-05-2003, 05:02 AM
MK: Deadly Alliance is kickass, he could also pickup Twisted Metal:Black (or TM:B Online).

superRSXs
03-10-2003, 12:41 AM
i got winning eleven 6 back in july, and i think its always in my PS2 disc tray, except those rare, very rare moments when i play some other game....other games just look less important after i buy my own copy of the best soccer game the world has seen