PDA

View Full Version : This is pathetic

Smurfbert
02-26-2003, 01:43 PM
I am getting so tired of this fanboy system war. Everywhere on the net people are arguing why the system of their choice is better. ?Gamecube is only for kids, Xbox only has PC ports, Gamecube is about to become a third party developer, Xbox will withdraw from Japan etc. This is getting pathetic.

All three systems are good on different things, I enjoy good gameplay period, I don?t care if Xbox has the best pixel shadding or if Resident Evil looks better than any game on the Xbox, What matters are gameplay. Halo is the best FPS shooter in later days and that is why people enjoy it, not because it is on the Xbox. Zelda has great gameplay and people will buy it in droves not due to that it is released only on the Gamecube. People would buy these games no matter if they were released on the Xbox, Gamecube or the PS2.

I admit that I have some times participated in system debates but I have never taken the side of a particular system. I had a big burglary in my home were both my systems (Xbox and Gamecube) was stolen with all my games, my tv and my surround sound system. For now I dont have the money to buy both again, I can only choose one. My friends starts arguinging which system I should pick.

I have decided to pick up a Gamecube, why well because here in Europ? Metroid Prime, Zelda, Resdient Evil 0, Bust-A-Move, Ikaruga is soon to be released. At current time I dont think that the Xbox has as much to offer me. What I am looking forward to in the Future is, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden and Fable all Xbox games which will surely make me buy an Xbox again. I am 28 years of age and I enjoy Nintendo, clearly not only for kids then. I don?t really play games on my computer (except Counter Strike) but still enjoy the Xbox , so clearly it is not only PC-ports. Point is that this everlasting ranting about what system is the greatest is fruitless. It does not lead anywhere. Good games is what people enjoy and they excist on all three major consoles. What system you prefer and why is not always in agreance with others. If you love FPS buy an Xbox an enjoy Halo, it is a really great game but don?t tell me that I am retarded because i prefer Zelda or vice versa.

:angry:

Reality
02-26-2003, 02:29 PM
I agree it's pathetic but understandable for people to have a favorite. The only thing I find more pathetic is how companies will try and make their own fanboys. I still have a grudge on how Microsoft "made" that flash for their Xbox site to bash Mario. That to me is pathetic and only feeds the flame. That's how they work though. So even though it's pathetic it will always be there. You have natural fanboys and the ones companies make. I try to be above it even when I own only one console. I try to be open to all opinions and understand each company has it's dirty tactics.

Kid0_oIcarus
02-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Haha You play CS.
I as a Tribes fan must hate you now, you know.

I agree to a point- each console has something to offer. I'd just rather Microsoft hadn't entered this industry. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't really care.. and in fact prolly would own their console by now... (Probably)

Oh and about people buying any game, as long as it's god.. that's a lie.. sadly good games often get passed over due to marketing hype. It's a sad truth. No matter the console. (Though this seems to plague my 'cube a lot more than say the PS2.. but only because it's more noticeable when there are less possible sales..)

vherub
02-26-2003, 04:21 PM
i actually dont mind the lowbrow intellectual banter of systemsluts, its kinds of like rubbernecking, reality tv or pro wrestling, you know its a little sad and a little pathetic both for the people acting it out as well as the audience but hotdamn where else can you hear phrases like "i had my unspillable sippy cup perched on top of my 'cube because its purple also" , "gta/vc rulez i totally destroyed everything with my cr8azy rocket lanucher cheat and anyone who doesnt play this game is a fairyprincesstoadstool" or (my personal favorite) "you cant stop the xbox, with games like halo, halo 2-coming out soon which is gonna make reality look like cable tv to its hdtv awesomeness- and, uh, halo 3 which is gonna be like unlockinh the godmode of human history and is gonna show only 1/10000th of the power of the xbox 2."

Smurfbert
02-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Well I kind of agree that it is nothing wrong with a litle system bashing once in a while it is just that people take it so hotdoggery serious. For some people they really care and they will say anything against the opposing system or in favors of their system of choice totally disregarding the truth.

Vherub I will totally buy that space, I have very good sense of business and I can tell by doing so I will totally sercure my future.

Hey Kdi0 - I did not like you even before I knew you were a Tribes fan:D just joking - you are star in my eyes..

Dirty tactics, I rember the first issue of official Xbox magazine were like dissin Nintendo at least a 100 times. I also wonder sometimes if MS pricedumping of the Xbox is 100 percent legal. But of course Nintendo just got smacked in the arse for a illegal price monopoly here in Europe.

Appsaa
02-27-2003, 12:55 PM
You people are all fuk'n dumb w/ ur gamecubes and dumbass xboxes, and ur crappy graphics ps-tooz everyone knows the 3dO is da best

3dO 4 LIFE!!!!!

Nem
02-27-2003, 06:57 PM
3dO 4 LIFE!!!!!
:cool guy:

Sega CD rulezzzzzz!!:big smile

baratus
02-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Nothing can be done with with all this fanboys around bashing any system. Best thing is to ignore them, buy and play your favorite games and forget about what people say, that's the best thing to do IMO. :o