PDA

View Full Version : So I'm thinking of buying a Switch

Einhander
11-21-2017, 11:25 AM
What do I need to know?

What are extras I need to grab with it - IE carrying case, screen protector, classic controller etc.

Any idea how much it will cost me roughly? (Ball park figure)

I'm thinking of grabbing Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart if I can find them in English.

Drunken Savior
11-21-2017, 12:25 PM
A Class10 micro SD Card.

Einhander
11-21-2017, 12:52 PM
For what? Storing installed games?

spider-prime
11-21-2017, 03:21 PM
if you can order a Walmart splatoon bundle or Mario bundle, 499.99 CDN, comes with the game and case, so you wouldn't need anything else other than the screen protector and maybe the pro controller, but you could save some money right now and just use the joy cons in the grip.

Einhander
11-21-2017, 09:13 PM
I'll be buying it in Hong Kong.

Drunken Savior
11-22-2017, 03:16 AM

And updates. 200GB cards are around $100 here, donno about elsewhere.

spider-prime
11-22-2017, 04:15 AM
just remember, buy the games where you can get them the cheapest, since the system is region free, buy them from euro or NA if they are cheaper than buying them in HK.

Nem
11-22-2017, 04:45 AM
I confess i'm thinking about getting one with Xenoblade chronicles 2 myself.

I really don't want to buy anything else on top of it though. Woukd be great if the Vita SD cards worked though, cause i could spare one of those.

How much internal HDD memory does the switch have?

edit: found out. It's 32G.

Same as the Wii U i got. :x

spider-prime
11-22-2017, 04:49 AM
32GB you are fine if you don't care about DD games and dlc. I have a 128gb card in mine, I haven't even got to it yet and I already bought 20 games over the eshop, when I get bonus points from stores, I always use it on gift cards :D

Escaflowne2001
11-22-2017, 05:26 AM

Be warned even if you are buying retail games a lot of games are going to be requiring a mandatory day one download so you don't really own the games on the cartridge per se. Since I know you hate digital games. That's mainly third party titles though (things like LA Noire, Doom, Wolfenstein 2 etc).

Since Nintendo knows their hardware better obviously there games should be alrigh for now anyway. There is quite a few indie games though getting retail releases on the Switch which is nice.

spider-prime
11-22-2017, 07:06 AM
Nintendo does it too :(

http://nintendotoday.com/super-mario-odyssey-gets-day-one-patch/

Einhander
11-22-2017, 08:11 AM
I got one!

Escaflowne2001
11-22-2017, 08:20 AM
Nintendo does it too :(

http://nintendotoday.com/super-mario-odyssey-gets-day-one-patch/

I didn't mean patches. With LA Noire and Doom you have to download half the game. :(

Drunken Savior
11-22-2017, 12:16 PM
I didn't mean patches. With LA Noire and Doom you have to download half the game. :(

Cartridges.

Einhander
11-22-2017, 01:20 PM
I have two questions about the Switch.

Is there a way to tell how much charge your Joycons have left? I haven't been able to find one yet.

How do you find your specific friend code (or whatever it's called) to add people to play online?

Rubeus
11-22-2017, 01:32 PM
I haven't put in a microSD card on my Switch yet, as long as you are buying game carts not downloading from eShop, you are fine.

You may want to consider buying a Switch HDMI adapter such as the one in the link below, this way you can get rid of the Switch Dock and connect to to TV directly with the adapter, I think it is way more convenient and portable than the dock.

https://www.amazon.com/FastSnail-Adapter-Nintendo-Samsung-Converter/dp/B074MYLP9C

spider-prime
11-22-2017, 09:47 PM
I have two questions about the Switch.

Is there a way to tell how much charge your Joycons have left? I haven't been able to find one yet.

How do you find your specific friend code (or whatever it's called) to add people to play online?

have to go into the controller settings on the home menu.

You have to go to your profile for your Nintendo ID on the system, your picture on the top left, Mario/samus/link/etc. and just look for add friends, they will give you the options you need.