PDA

View Full Version : Valkyria Chronicles 4

Einhander
11-20-2017, 12:22 AM
https://gematsu.com/2017/11/valkyria-chronicles-4-announced-ps4-xbox-one-switch

Kind of out of nowhere.

Hagane
11-20-2017, 01:08 AM
Good news really after that failed experiment Azure Revolution.

This could be better if in a near future they announce remasters of 2 and 3.

Rubeus
11-20-2017, 01:28 AM
The first game was good, I haven't played part 2 or 3 which were on PSP.

B3QlIz80d3Y

Maybe they should consider remaking Sakura Taisen 1.

spider-prime
11-20-2017, 03:09 AM
believe it or not, but the PSP games are really good, they fix upon things and made things better from the first game. Only bad thing was the maps cut into parts, so it wasn't too hard cause of it. But, I found them more fun compared to the first.

Nem
11-20-2017, 07:22 AM
I don't believe it, because they weren't for me. Due to beeing on the PSP, the games adopted a monster hunter style repetitive/grindy mission structure. Due to PSP limitation, the ammount of troops you can deploy was far less and the maps were small and cut into several little areas.
It is nowhere near as engrosing and well paced as the original game.

Sorry Spidey, i disagree on this one. ;)

Would love to see the whole ST series come over Rubeus. Because they kept it to japan mostly, i never had a chance to explore it, but i remember beeing amazed by ST3 on Dreamcast and the animation. Only exposure i got to it was in project X zone.

Good news really after that failed experiment Azure Revolution.

This could be better if in a near future they announce remasters of 2 and 3.

The combat in it kinda sucks, but the characters and story were quite good and that makes me optimistic for this VC4.

Ernst
11-20-2017, 08:07 AM
I need a PS4 series release.

spider-prime
11-20-2017, 08:13 PM
I don't believe it, because they weren't for me. Due to beeing on the PSP, the games adopted a monster hunter style repetitive/grindy mission structure. Due to PSP limitation, the ammount of troops you can deploy was far less and the maps were small and cut into several little areas.
It is nowhere near as engrosing and well paced as the original game.

Sorry Spidey, i disagree on this one. ;)

That never bothered me tho, I really enjoyed it despite the changes to the gameplay cause of the PSP. I played and beat everything in it 100% just like I did Metal Gear Peace Walker... .twice, one on the PS3 to get the platinum trophy lol

But, I'm also more into handheld games and being able to play console style games on handhelds today makes me love the current stuff coming out.

Nem
11-21-2017, 02:12 PM
That never bothered me tho, I really enjoyed it despite the changes to the gameplay cause of the PSP. I played and beat everything in it 100% just like I did Metal Gear Peace Walker... .twice, one on the PS3 to get the platinum trophy lol

But, I'm also more into handheld games and being able to play console style games on handhelds today makes me love the current stuff coming out.

That makes sense, cause i disliked Peacewalker for the same reasons. ^^

spider-prime
11-21-2017, 03:18 PM
it did bother me before, that majority of the levels were all the same and all the missions would really the same also, but after I got by that and saw the more unique stuff and for the story and all the other crap hidden in it, I started to enjoy it a lot more.

the DLC in VC2 was really hard and a great challenge, one of the few times I bought DLC that wasn't bundled with the game in some way, I even beat their extremely hard last mission that gives you S rank just for finishing it at the last turn and even if everything but one gets wiped out, in one turn! BOOYAH!