PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Odyssey breaks two million sales in three days

Rubeus
10-30-2017, 11:37 PM
And I still haven't bought the game yet. :lol:

https://www.destructoid.com//ul/469998-MARIOfsdufhburee35h483.jpg

Super Mario Odyssey breaks two million sales in three days

Nintendo is doomed...wait

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Super Mario Odyssey is a hit. Nintendo always has a bona fide hit on their hands with any Mario game, even the ones on Wii U. No, what is really awesome is that basically 33% of all Switch owners now own Mario's globetrotting adventure. Nintendo announced these figures during its six months financial results conference, which is filled with a lot of boring information about digital convergence and fiscal plans. Its enough to make you fall asleep.

To be entirely realistic, Nintendo hasn't actually confirmed two million sales, but it estimates that Mario has roughly moved around that amount. The plan is to continue the momentum into the holiday season and for the game to be seen, "as an evergreen title that has longevity in the market beyond the holiday season."

Either way, its amazing to see that Mario still has that kind of selling power after 30+ years. I know I've been in love with the character for basically my whole life and I'm sure there are plenty of other people with a similar story. Hopefully this massive push isn't contained to just this weekend.

https://www.destructoid.com/super-mario-odyssey-breaks-two-million-sales-in-three-days-469998.phtml

spider-prime
10-31-2017, 06:53 PM
I got it and love it and I didn't care for the other Mario games after Mario 64, like Mario sunshine was blah to me. Galaxy was alright.

Nindalf
11-01-2017, 12:05 PM
it's a good game you can jump and stuff i give it 7 out of 10

spider-prime
11-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Jumping is the best part!

Sinful Sam
11-03-2017, 12:00 AM
I got it and love it and I didn't care for the other Mario games after Mario 64, like Mario sunshine was blah to me. Galaxy was alright.

Really? I think I like Galaxy more but I haven't beaten Odyssey yet. I think I'm over 180 moons.

spider-prime
11-03-2017, 06:00 PM
I find that this one requires more skill and thinking involve to find a lot of the stuff. Like the one golden race in the wooded kingdom, where you have to roll and long jump and throw your hat and then jump off of it, just to beat it and it gets pretty tricky trying to do that. It feels more rewarding to do is what I'm saying.

Even the hardest levels in Galaxy games I easily beaten, wasn't even that much harder than Mario 64, which is extremely easily. Disappearing platforms isn't hard, you just have to learn the level and zoom through it.

Nintendo is finally learning people want more challenge out of their games finally and it's not just kids and families playing their games.