PDA

View Full Version : First 13 Xbox backward compatible games for Xbox One announced, available October 24

Rubeus
10-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Does it do a better job than emulators?

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Xbox-One-Xbox-BC-Games_10-23-17.jpg

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
G2yXh31wy14

First 13 Xbox backward compatible games for Xbox One announced, available October 24

Fusion Frenzy, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Ninja Gaiden Black, and more.

Microsoft has announced the first 13 backward compatible original Xbox games for Xbox One, which will be available tomorrow, October 24. All 13 titles are enhanced with 1080p resolution, higher and / or smoother frame rates, and faster loading times.

The full list of games is as follows:

Black (Electronic Arts)
BloodRayne 2 (Majesco Entertainment)
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge (Microsoft)
Dead to Rights (Bandai Namco)
Fuzion Frenzy (Microsoft)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Microsoft)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Koei Tecmo)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Ubisoft)
Psychonauts (Double Fine Productions)
Red Faction II (THQ Nordic)
Sid Meierís Pirates! (2K Games)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Electronic Arts)
The King of Fighters Neowave (SNK)

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/first-13-xbox-backward-compatible-games-xbox-one-announced-available-october-24

Fusion Frenzy
rc3ydaCTQm0
EGYWPvhk_t4

Nem
10-23-2017, 12:48 PM
You know... it is funny when Sony says people don't want backwards compatibility and Microsoft says they do.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Backwards is indeed good, but not as the main feature. It's value is increased if your system struggles with software releases.

So, i think Sony is right that they don't need it because they got so much exclusive software people want to play more.
But Microsoft releases about 3 titles a year, so they can obviously use the help.

Clockwork
10-26-2017, 06:55 AM
I think Microsoft has been largely terrible for console gaming, but kudos to them for doing this. Hope it expands to the full library.

Escaflowne2001
10-26-2017, 10:47 AM
I didn't think of this until they released but there is going to be many problems for this in EU.

We only got 10 of the 13 games because anything that had a different publisher in America and Europe we missed out on.

We never got Dead To Rights (the one of wanted to play) because EA published it here and not Namco. Likewise Bloodrayne 2 (Majesco/Universal) and KOF: Neowave (SNK/Ignition) are missing as well.

bujeezus
11-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Psychonauts FTW.