PDA

View Full Version : The Magicbox is still up.....

Einhander
10-22-2017, 01:42 PM
And Neogaf is down.

Craziness!

Ernst
10-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Good riddance.

spider-prime
10-22-2017, 07:58 PM
lololol I just love all this stupid drama everyone is doing. Better than TV. But, I hate it when it is on TV, fuck that shit, I want my fake crap back on TV! Like the Real Housewives of some dump city.

Nem
10-22-2017, 11:05 PM
Tbh... theres alot of over-dramatization. First of all, i don't think there was any sexual harassment. He respected her wishes once she made them clear.

If there was harassment, it was verbal harassment, if the account is correct. That i think is despicable.

But honestly, i will say this here cause i trust you guys. She is making drama or trying to get back at him for something.
They even had a relationship later. When she says there was nothing there, i have trouble believing. The damage she is making to him far outweights the one he did to her imo.

As for NeoGaf, i think it was always an elitist forum and it has imploded in it's own elitism. I never felt compelled to join them just based on the fact that they thought themselves better with special requirements and lengthy aproval processes for registration. Utterly ridiculous.
That and all the crazy rules.

Rubeus
10-23-2017, 01:03 AM
Oh wait I just saw what happened to Neogaf https://kotaku.com/neogaf-goes-dark-after-sexual-misconduct-allegation-aga-1819755151

When did it start?

For now just browse reddit instead ? https://www.reddit.com/domain/neogaf.com/

Hagane
10-23-2017, 01:34 AM
This is great, now their users will come to us.

Obviously I'm joking. I don't think I could handle all the drama from such hell hole.

From what I heard the creator of the site was such an ass.

Users went so far that even there was a collective cybersuicide.

I like it better here. We may be a few but with good company. Good users and evolving bots what else could you ask for?

SuperAngelo64
10-23-2017, 06:05 AM
I love 2017

She is making drama or trying to get back at him for something.
They even had a relationship later. When she says there was nothing there, i have trouble believing. The damage she is making to him far outweights the one he did to her imo.

This is most likely the case but the irony is great. NeoGAF would go absolutely apeshit if you ever implied a woman lied about anything. You were instantly banned under the guise of 'victim shaming' or what the fuck ever. Malka deserves it. I knew something like this would go down after the other mod, Amir0x go locked up for CP a few months ago.

Fuck GAF.

Rubeus
10-23-2017, 10:22 AM
GAF was originated from Gaming-Age right? Do they still have any ties with NeoGAF?

Nem
10-23-2017, 12:27 PM
Hmm... i thought so.

Theres a gaming-age that is up atm, but i know their parent site died and the forums were all that was left. This new website is likely a new one created after.

I love 2017

This is most likely the case but the irony is great. NeoGAF would go absolutely apeshit if you ever implied a woman lied about anything. You were instantly banned under the guise of 'victim shaming' or what the fuck ever. Malka deserves it. I knew something like this would go down after the other mod, Amir0x go locked up for CP a few months ago.

Fuck GAF.

Well, yes. Wich is why i never joined them. If i am not allowed to speak freely without verbally abusing others, i won't be a part of that community.

But yes, he layed in the bed he made.

Sinful Sam
10-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Maybe some of the gaf traffic will come here? 😂😂

Nem
10-23-2017, 05:10 PM
If i didn't know i would think the magicbox wasn't even on the internet anymore. xD

But i think its a really nice place. Wouldn't mind some more people joining, but without the main site giving scoops, i don't know how we could atract more people.

It's a little gem this place... and i feel extremely old when i see my join date.

Nem
10-23-2017, 08:19 PM
So... developments.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/qv384d/inside-the-sexual-misconduct-allegations-rocking-neogafs-last-48-hoursd?utm_source=wptwitterus

Turns out she was just sharing stories with her friends and beeing loose with the concept and the naming.

Gaf is coming back, aiming at beeing focused on videogames. Too late? Probably yes.

zechin
10-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Boyfriend met the owner and 'supposedly' trusted the guy because it was an open relationship with other women, not men.

She decides to go on a road trip with the guy.

Bathroom incident happens, he walks in she says no.

Later have sex.

Gets jealous he hits on another girl in front of her.

She made a post on Facebook expecting sympathy from her friends and never expected people to connect two and two together.

Now that it's backfired and people are questioning both their motives and actions, it's all just damage control at this point.

Hagane
10-23-2017, 10:14 PM
Wheter this is true or not the doubt has already taken root so anything the owner does be it big or small there will be a shitstorm coming to him.

And this stand up guy does a poor job at handling this kind of things so this won't be forgotten anytime soon.

Rubeus
10-24-2017, 12:01 AM
So NeoGaf is now back online, but not much new posts yet. It seems like they deployed ModBots in the forum to help regulate things, that's exactly what the forum needs. :lol:

Clockwork
10-24-2017, 04:25 AM
Wassup, was floating aimlessly and drifted ashore here.

Nindalf
10-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Wassup, was floating aimlessly and drifted ashore here.

from one wasteland to another.

Nem
10-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Welcome Clockwork.

Clockwork
10-26-2017, 06:51 AM
Thanks Nem.

Both NeoGaf and its breakaway forum ResetEra are up. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

loempiavreter
10-31-2017, 10:02 AM
And im still around too... curses :thumb-dn:
I haven't ODed yet, will try tonight.

spider-prime
10-31-2017, 07:02 PM
Just drink bleach!.... or watch the anime Bleach if you want to OD.