PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster announced for PS4, PC

Rubeus
10-12-2017, 01:05 AM
This is the last known "good" version of Star Ocean before the mess of Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness.

7V3KnCr2xQ0
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Star-Ocean-4-Remaster-Ann-JP_10-11-17.jpg

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster announced for PS4, PC

Due out digitally on November 28 in Japan.

Square Enix has announced Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster for PlayStation 4 and PC. It will launch as a digital-only title for 2,800 yen on November 28 in Japan.

As its name implies, Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster is a 4K resolution and full HD remaster of Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Here are the list of features for each version:

PlayStation 4 Version

Resolution: From 720p on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 –> PlayStation 4 Pro: Maximum 4K / PlayStation 4: Full HD
Functionality to change image settings (shadow and blur settings, etc.)
Trophy support
Share button support

PC Version

Functionality to change screen resolution
Functionality to change image settings (shadow and blur settings, etc.)
Steam Achievements support
Mouse, keyboard, and PC controller support
Functionality to take screenshots without the UI

Gameplay footage available from 19:51 to 26:03
-nudjNf8IFw

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/star-ocean-last-hope-4k-full-hd-remaster-announced-ps4-pc

Nem
10-12-2017, 10:51 AM
I actually really liked this game.

I mean, not liked like its one of the best games i ever played, but it had enjoyable combat. The story was predictable but decently executed.

The last dungeon is pants though. I hope they do something about it, even if it's just adding some more save points. I remember just trying to skip most enemies cause your MP simply wouldn't last if you were to fight all those high level targets.

I played it on 360, so i never got the international version. I don't remember what it has extra besides anime art on portraits. After a quick google, it seems that it's mainly just dual audio and some recipe changes.

Sinful Sam
10-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Hmm. I gave up on Star Ocean. Maybe I should give it another chance.

Nem
10-13-2017, 09:16 PM
It's an average RPG series. I find that only the second one was top notch. The rest is alright to meh. It never got terrible for me, like the Tales series did.

Escaflowne2001
10-14-2017, 06:26 AM
I really liked Star Ocean 1 and 2 they were top quality at there time. Star Ocean 5 I also had a lot of fun with because I really liked the characters as well.

Star Ocean 4 this one is the only one I couldn't bring myself to finish it was pretty bad. Don't know if I want to give it another try.

Nem
10-15-2017, 09:13 PM
SO4 has connections to SO1, if you care about it.

I don't know why you thought it was bad though. I really missed the blindside mechanic in SO5.

The only bad thing about the game was the voice acting and the predictable story. But SO5 was the same. Still, japanese voices may remedy that.

Just wish there was extra content.

Rubeus
10-19-2017, 01:41 AM
I've finished Star Ocean 3 via PCSX2, it's not perfect but enjoyable, maybe I will give this a try.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster launches November 28 in the Americas and Europe

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/SO4-HD-West_10-18-17.jpg

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster will launch for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store and PC via Steam in the Americas and Europe day and date with its Japanese release on November 28 for $20.99, Square Enix announced.

PlayStation Plus members and Steam users who purchase the game before December 12 will receive a 10 percent discount off the $20.99 price point. Additionally, Steam users will receive an exclusive downloadable mini-soundtrack featuring music from the game. PlayStation 4 users will receive an exclusive PlayStation 4 theme and 12 PlayStation Network avatars.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Square Enix:

Developed in partnership with tri-Ace, Star Ocean: The Last Hope takes place at the beginning of the Star Ocean series timeline and is a full HD remaster with added 4K support and PC keyboard, mouse and controller support. The game takes players on an epic journey across the universe in an immersive, intergalactic story of survival where humanity must turn to the stars in search of a new home. Featuring strategic real-time combat, the remastered title also keeps the original deep Item Creation System and Private Action system that explores character relationships and subplots for a richer and more rewarding story, and exhilarating Blindside battle system, which fuses evasion and offense.

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/star-ocean-last-hope-4k-full-hd-remaster-launches-november-28-americas-europe