PDA

View Full Version : Atlus possibly teasing Catherine 2

Rubeus
09-01-2017, 12:13 AM
Catherine has no replay value, that's the biggest problem, but if they turn Catherine 2 into a RPG it would be a different story.

Golden Employment Special Video
t3o1tOr5K1I

Atlus possibly teasing Catherine 2 -- What's next for Midnight Venus?

Atlus hosted a 30-minute “Golden Employment Special” broadcast today featuring interviews with the key staff of Studio Zero in order to attract new recruits to the 2016-formed studio.

As previously stated by studio lead Katsura Hashino, the broadcast did not feature any news about Project Re Fantasy, Studio Zero’s fantasy RPG and first title, but there may have been a tease for a Catherine sequel.

In Catherine, the story is presented through the lens of a television program called “Golden Playhouse,” which is hosted by a character named Rue Ishida, otherwise known as Midnight Venus. Atlus opened its broadcast today with Midnight Venus hosting the “Golden Employment Special” rather than the “Golden Playhouse.” Midnight Venus, fully voiced by Junko Minagawa, introduces viewers to Studio Zero before the video transitions to the actual staff interviews.

Following the interviews, Midnight Venus returns, who provides some final commentary about Studio Zero before the broadcast ends. The screen fades to black, but Midnight Venus continues to speak:

By the way, I’m looking forward to the fantasy RPG of course…

But will there even be anything for me to do?

Maybe a lot of you are actually wondering?

This time, I will be the new heroine! Just kidding…

(Slight pause.)

Huh, the offer for my next job is on the table?

The broadcast ends there.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/atlus-possibly-teasing-catherine-2

Escaflowne2001
09-02-2017, 06:18 AM
Catherine was Atlus' biggest selling title in the west until Persona 5 came along I don't expect they'll be changing that much up for the sequel. I really enjoyed it though and will happily take a sequel.

spider-prime
09-02-2017, 06:36 PM
I love Catherine, it was a really fun game. The only time I do all the trophies in a game is if I really like it..... or they are really easy to do them all and doesn't take forever.

Nem
09-02-2017, 09:41 PM
I can't say i enjoyed the gameplay or even the story very much. It dragged a bit.

But if they make an RPG out of it, it might be better. They did develop all that tech for persona 5 afterall.