PDA

View Full Version : Big Final Fantasy XV announcements teased for Gamescom 2017

Rubeus
06-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Switch and PC version? Or Final Fantasy Versus XIII resurfaces again as FFXV-2?

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/FFXV-Announce-Tease_06-23-17.jpg

Big Final Fantasy XV announcements teased for Gamescom 2017

Big things apparently planned for summer.

Square Enix will have some big announcements about Final Fantasy XV at Gamescom 2017 in August, the company confirmed during today’s E3 2017 recap Active Time Report live stream.

“We held back a bit of information during E3,” Square Enix marketing manager Akio Ofuji said during the broadcast. “We are preparing with high praise to do all sorts of things on a large scale this summer.” (Editor’s Note: “With high praise” is a joke—it’s sort of a Japanese slang trend at the moment.)

Director Hajime Tabata added, “That’s right. We’ve been extremely busy. We have to be sure to have some good announcements in the summer.”

Tabata then confirmed that information would come at Gamescome in August, with Tabata saying, “I want to put out some good news during Gamescom.”

Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/big-final-fantasy-xv-announcements-teased-gamescom-2017

SavedFromSin
06-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Well, I've seen a FF15 mobile game advertised.

Drunken Savior
06-23-2017, 10:55 PM
My brother has FFXV, but he stopped playing it about 6 hours in. What did everyone else think of the game?

spider-prime
06-23-2017, 11:00 PM
People still care about Final Fantasy? I gave up on that series after FF7.

Rubeus
06-23-2017, 11:48 PM
I bought the game on boxing day sales but still haven't played yet, I am busy with Yakuza right now, it's awesome.

Well, I've seen a FF15 mobile game advertised.

That mobile game looks crap, doesn't worth any big announcement.

Ernst
06-24-2017, 04:19 AM
My brother has FFXV, but he stopped playing it about 6 hours in. What did everyone else think of the game?

I was really excited for FFXV. It was also the last time I was giving FF a shot, after the series sucking for so long. I was deeply, deeply disappointed. A barren world with a vapid story.

Escaflowne2001
06-24-2017, 06:34 AM
It was really good upto the levi battle and then it all went downhill fast. Felt like a rushed mess or bits of bobs stuck together. I'll wait to see what FFXVI looks like I'm pretty much done with FFXV now.

Drunken Savior
06-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Are there more characters available to your party past the original 4?

SavedFromSin
06-25-2017, 04:10 PM
I was very excited for FF15. Put a lot of hours into it and just gave it. In the middle of doing the numerous side quests and hunting quests I realized I was spending more time in the car and traveling to place than actually playing the game/doing something fun and that made me very irritated. I want to like it, but just can't bring myself to keep playing it.

Nem
06-28-2017, 12:27 PM
FFXV is an average game.

Its past time to move on.

If they want to make a sequal, fair enough. Theres lots to improve on.

Otherwise just stop and move on. This game isn't a sucess with it's audience the way a Skyrim or something is. This is using up resources that would be better used on other projects.

Einhander
06-29-2017, 01:15 AM
Unless the announcement is "we are going to make it not shit", I'm not interested.

stroopwafel
07-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Really enjoyed FF15. Really fun battle system, likeable cast and absolutely gorgeous graphics with some of the most impressive lighting/weather effects I've seen in a game. There always seems to be this slight sluggishness to the controls in open world games but in FF15 the controls are very tight and reponsive with again very impressive character animations. While beautiful the world feels a bit empty at times and the story is interesting but unengaging as you're more pre-occupied with your camping trip than the events around you. Still though seeing this mix of more realistic environments with typical Final Fantasy tropes and having really smooth controls and a very fun battle system on top makes this one of the better Final Fantasies in my opinion. I really have my hopes up for FF7 Remake now.