PDA

View Full Version : BioWare is developing a new Dragon Age

Rubeus
05-23-2017, 12:47 AM
http://www.destructoid.com//ul/437536-dragonheart.jpg

BioWare is developing a new Dragon Age

Sunless Sea creator writing a 'segregated' storyline

It's been an open secret and not really discussed here, especially with Mass Effect: Andromeda hogging the recent limelight, but the Dragon Age series, last seen with 2014's Dragon Age: Inquisition, is still alive over at BioWare.

Eurogamer interviewed Fallen London and Sunless Sea creator Alexis Kennedy, currently in an "unusual arrangement" as a guest writer (writing from London) working with BioWare (headquartered in Canada) on a new project, "which I can now legitimately say is in the Dragon Age franchise although it has been known for a while."

The full piece is a good look behind the development process, though in an atypical case, given that BioWare usually, "doesn't have guest writers, as a rule." Kennedy naturally wasn't able to divulge much about what the next Dragon Age actually is -- it's not even been announced and is still in early stages -- but has explained his unique role.

"What I can say is I have been given considerable autonomy to work on a storyline bit of lore which is well-segregated from other parts of the game," Kennedy said. "It's nothing that grandiose, but it is distinct. Itís a bit of lore which has not been addressed much to date in Dragon Age."

https://www.destructoid.com/bioware-is-developing-a-new-dragon-age-437536.phtml

Nem
05-24-2017, 01:51 AM
lol that picture isn't from Dragon Age. xD

Anyways... i'm not too excited and will wait and see. I wasn't happy with inquisition and actually i feel like the series has progressively gotten worse since the stellar first release.

Hopefully it goes back to beeing more story oriented and less MMO-like.

Who would say that the day would come where DA series would continue and Mass Effect wouldnt? I think it's all kinds of wrong, because ME is a much better series.

Escaflowne2001
05-30-2017, 04:03 AM
Well if the next Dragon Age is anything like the last one it'll be my last Dragon Age most likely because that was pretty boring. It's never been that great a series though.

bujeezus
06-01-2017, 09:54 AM
I finished and enjoyed the first one on the 360. Tried the 2nd one on pc and it just didn't grab me like the first one did. I did love the art style though. I was plugging along on Inquisition until The Witcher came out and I dropped it and never went back.