PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Switch owners report yet another issue: warping

Rubeus
04-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Because it's too "thin"? Wonder why all those smartphones have no issue sitting in people's jeans pocket the whole day?

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/d4f431db4a2b19204632a4ed65370a61/204974154/Nintendo+Switch+preview+gallery+6.jpg

Nintendo Switch owners report yet another issue: warping

The Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling console in the company's history, sure, but it hasn't been all roses. For example, gamers have encountered significant problems with the dock and Joy-Con controllers. But wait, there's more: Remember when the iPhone 6 famously experienced bending issues in 2014? Now, it's the Switch that has warping troubles.

As TechnoBuffalo notes, console owners like Reddit user _NSR and others commenting on the thread are reporting that their machines are noticeably bowing, particularly after being used in docked mode. _NSR speculates this could be because the console works harder while outputting video, so it gets hot enough that internal components become more likely to expand. On the plus side, the bending doesn't seem to affect the Switch's functionality.

Nintendo has yet to comment on the issue, but the company is repairing affected consoles, according to a Reddit commenter. That's nice, but this seemingly constant stream of Switch problems is still a bummer. We're enjoying our consoles very much, but it looks like questionable quality control means that some people aren't getting as positive an experience as others.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/03/nintendo-switch-owners-report-yet-another-issue-warping/

spider-prime
04-04-2017, 02:14 AM
the main picture of it is warped that you can tell it isn't supposed to be that way. But Some people posted claiming warping cause when they use their level or something else to see how straight it is, there is a TINNNNNNYYYY warp that could have been there to begin with. Not everything they buy is perfectly leveled and straight. Plus, I've seen how people take out the controllers from it..... they probably damaged it if it isn't supposed to be that way or even came that way from the factory, ie defects.

One thing I can think of is that maybe they don't turn it off at all and always have left it into sleep mode.

I don't trust sleep mode on anything, so I always turn my electronics off completely when I'm not using it, like before I go to sleep.
The heat is still building up even when in sleep mode, matters the device, but if the cooling never turns on to get rid of the heat, it will just keep building up till it wrecks itself.

If people remember WiiConnect24 for the Wii how it melted the CPU/GPU on the wiis if you never turned it on for around a year.

Joe Redifer
04-04-2017, 04:12 AM
I had to get my Wii replaced because of stupid Wiiconnect.

spider-prime
04-04-2017, 05:47 AM
The only thing I find weird about this of why it seems something fishy, the guy's Switch still works just fine. If it was getting so hot that it would start to warp it, wouldn't the insides be even worse to the point of them causing errors or just stop working altogether?

People will claim they take better care of their things, but we all know accidents do happen, he could be trying to get the warranty to replace it so he doesn't have to pay for repairs or buy a new one.
I take awesome care of all my stuff but shit happens, the ONE TIME I moved stuff from one room to the basement cause I was painting in other room, is the ONE TIME the water pipe broke and flooded the basement ruining most of my things I put down there.

Drunken Savior
04-04-2017, 01:51 PM
I'd bet the device came warped and wasn't warped due to heat. So I side with Spider on this one.