PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Switch painful launch explained in video

Rubeus
03-10-2017, 12:18 AM
I didn't know there were so many issues?

Cb-srOfRqNc

Switch users experiencing a wide range of different issues from day one. Reports are submitted everyday with new pictures and videos. Loud crashes, errors, bricked blue/orange screens, dead pixels, ingame artifacts, unrecognized cartridges, loose/woobly joycons, scratches and design flaws.

More videos here:

0Fv4yzrOydI

lfjILECfmeM
bFLs8VFJ80s
86StPi8UcxQ
G24fwxDISEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

Reality
03-10-2017, 02:24 AM
I remember waiting 4 hours to get my GameCube on launch day just to finally get home and discover it couldn't read discs. I never bought launch hardware again.

spider-prime
03-10-2017, 02:41 AM
Guess I'm lucky with mine.... so far. But, I've already put in over 50 hours into it already and so far no big issue other than the Wifi range seems realllllly horrible on it, if you are more than 5 feet away from your wifi router, it goes to 2 bars instead of 3, hopefully that can be fixed with a update.

After watching some of the videos, some of the "crashing" looks to be from overheating and possibly damaged the GPU. I've had my screen do that on my computer when my GPU was overheating and I realized that the fan stopped working on it and it damaged my video card.

And the slider grips, I put them on the wrong way also and it did the same thing that these people did, couldn't get it off, but I got lucky and got them off without damaging the joy cons. Once done the right way, they came off.... easier... lol yah it was still somewhat hard to get it off, even with the white lock on it off.

Plus, people think Nintendo releases perfect consoles without errors? I see that comment the most that people think they make nothing wrong, which is laughable, they have systems that had tons of design flaws since the NES.. probably farther than that. I had a 3ds that had a SD card slot that wouldn't work and would work and wouldn't work randomly, even changed the card, nope, same problem.
But, I've been pretty lucky with my consoles, most work still. Colecovision, I shall miss you! He died a horrible horrible death.

Hagane
03-10-2017, 04:02 AM
It has also become common sense for me not buy consoles on day one after the nintendo 64 and The Game Boy Advance and glad I kept that rule in the last generation with the ps3 and xbox 360 :lol:.

Guess most people just overlook those errors because they see the Nintendo seal of quality. Why would the lie on the pack?

Also I had a similar problem with my gamecube but instead of discs it couldn't recognise the pad and when they do the stick was stuck to the left so it meant that Jill Valentine would kept walking straight to that zombie's arms had to turn off the damn thing several times until it got somehow fixed.

So the switch sometimes doesn't reccognise the cartidges? No big deal!

You just blow on them.

Rubeus
03-10-2017, 12:55 PM
I had problem with the original first gen Playstation, the power cord came with the system could not be plugged into the system, I had to return it and was very disappointed.

spider-prime
03-10-2017, 04:22 PM
After looking at mine more, it does get pretty hot and if the cooling is faulty on some systems, it would cause a lot of the problems that people are having. The fan near the top vent hurt my ears after 3 secs lol.

Hagane
03-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Is the fan that loud?

Or more importantly how close are you holding the system?

spider-prime
03-10-2017, 11:27 PM
nah it's not loud, but the heat from it made my ear feel a really weird pain.
So yah, don't do that.

Hagane
03-11-2017, 01:04 AM
Well, that couldn't be worse than licking the cartridges.

Right?

spider-prime
03-11-2017, 02:07 AM
I got my niece to do it, I should have recorded it. lol

Hagane
03-11-2017, 02:40 AM
That's child abuse!

I thought better of you.

spider-prime
03-11-2017, 03:33 AM
It's what I'm good at! They know it and they FEARRRRRRRRRRR MEEEEEEE! I majored in beating kids at school.

Joe Redifer
03-11-2017, 03:34 AM
I had problem with the original first gen Playstation, the power cord came with the system could not be plugged into the system, I had to return it and was very disappointed.

Isn't that a normal-ass plug? I use the same AC cord for all my PS systems. I wonder if someone else bought your system before you and then returned it, putting the wrong cord back in the box in the process.

spider-prime
03-11-2017, 04:59 AM
ah, good, just looked up if eshop games can easily switch over and it is indeed account based now... in a sense.

Just have to deactivate the system you're playing the game on and then login with the new system to transfer your purchases. About damn time. I hate having to do a system transfer to move everything over.

Joe Redifer
03-11-2017, 04:06 PM
They're slowly learning. Their next console will have the hardware power of an original Xbox One and the online internet goodness of the the Dreamcast. Baby steps.

spider-prime
03-12-2017, 01:18 AM
I miss playing Phantasy Star Online 1 with 56k connection. :(