PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix and Marvel announce multi-game partnership leading with The Avengers game

Rubeus
01-26-2017, 06:38 PM
Will there ever be a Final Fantasy X Marvel project?

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Avengers-Project-SE-Ann.jpg

rq_V6WHSmQs

Square Enix and Marvel announce multi-game partnership leading with The Avengers project -- Developed by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal.

Square Enix and Marvel have announced a multi-year, multi-game partnership leading with The Avengers project in development at Tomb Raider studio Crystal Dynamics in collaboration with Deus Ex studio Eidos Montreal.

Here’s the full overview, via Marvel:

A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come.

More information about The Avengers project and other games from the partnership will be announced in 2018.

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/square-enix-marvel-announce-multi-game-partnership-leading-avengers-project

Nem
01-27-2017, 12:04 AM
I predict both studios will close after this. Superhero games are rarely good. Team based superhero games are disaster in the making. Especially movie tie-in's.

Rubeus
01-27-2017, 02:03 AM
I predict both studios will close after this. Superhero games are rarely good. Team based superhero games are disaster in the making. Especially movie tie-in's.

Not if it is Kingdom Hearts X Marvel.

spider-prime
01-27-2017, 05:03 AM

That's mostly cause of time and money reasons, usually the companies forcing the dev to work faster for less of a budget.

Notice when a license game does have a budget and time to make it, they come out better?

Escaflowne2001
01-27-2017, 08:49 AM

Well this is most likely mainly a Crystal Dynamics project since Eidos Montreal are doing the new Tomb Raider. I'm guessing there expecting big things from this tie-up.

Nem
01-28-2017, 11:40 AM
Not if it is Kingdom Hearts X Marvel.

Squeenix western studios don't make KH.

But now that you mention it, that is probably how they got the ball rolling.

spider-prime
01-28-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm going to cry if it is another mobile game :(