PDA

View Full Version : How is Magicbox memebers doing?

Paper exe
01-22-2017, 03:23 AM
been a long time now, I remember joining the forums back when I was like 15 years old, and now I am 29!! I know you guys longer than most people in my life! we are getting really old :sweat:

Made this thread to see how things are going, how is everybody, and what are we ended up being in the end.

For me
- I got married and having my first baby boy anytime now.

- at day, I work as a legal researcher in the government

- afterward I work on saving humanity by preserving rare hardy plant species that can live in dead hot regions with only 70mm of rainwater a year, and studying their potential uses for my country sustainability, and just in case an apocalypse ever happens, people would have something to live by.

- Last I visited the magic box was at jun of 2016, I honestly don't have an explanation or know why or remember what happened all that time.....my god, 6 months is a lot! very weird and scary!!

That's it, really. hoping to get updates and insight from everybody else. :crono:

Joe Redifer
01-22-2017, 07:15 PM
Hey Paper!

For me:
-Not married but living in sin with girlfriend, committing many sinful acts. Personally, I like sin.

-At day, I usually sleep or run errands. At night is when I do most of my work. And that is mostly running a moderately successful Youtube show about video games. I also do contract video editing and lately even magazine ad production.

-Afterward I go on social media and read people's musings. I become amused myself at what people get riled up over. Sometimes I will participate.

-Last visited Magic Box yesterday.

Ernst
01-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Hello!

Glad to hear your life is going well.

I have no partner or children, and still live the life of an irresponsible heathen. I'm a year younger than you.

I too work for the government. Well, my job benefits the government, but technically I work for the Crown.

spider-prime
01-22-2017, 09:45 PM
I am dead inside, all I see is destruction of self hatred, the world will end one day, everything is insignificant, the only thing we have in common is death! All we are a pile of goop mushed together. The only relief is deathhhhhhhhhhhh!

That was my day just today.

Joe Redifer
01-22-2017, 10:36 PM
Glad to hear things are starting to look better for you, Spider.

Einhander
01-23-2017, 02:16 AM
Hi Paper!

I'm still teaching in Asia, but I'm studying my Masters in Linguistics now.

I'm about to move to Jeju, which is an island in the south, where I hope to commit lots of sin.

After I'm done my Masters, I'm thinking of moving to Oman. I have friends there and they say it's nice.

Congrats on your baby, I hope it doesn't take away your video game time!

Joe - how Spider feels is how all Canadians feel during the winter months.

spider-prime
01-23-2017, 04:25 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/0a/0ac75e543a31f5f5d92dbce6ee229ec65cc38c0f24cbafd4c1 97584f55902613.jpg

Nem
01-23-2017, 08:33 AM
Hmm... i don't like talking about my personal life but i guess after all these years i can say a few things.

I moved to a different country where i live with someone else.

I finished my course, but i'm currently unemployed and learning a new language to facilitate getting out of that situation.

I still play games more than i should. Though tbh i spend more time on the internet these days.

It's unlikely that i will get married or have kids. Not that that is a problem for me. I'm happy enough with my current arrangement.

Einhander
01-23-2017, 11:45 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/0a/0ac75e543a31f5f5d92dbce6ee229ec65cc38c0f24cbafd4c1 97584f55902613.jpg

Pretty much. :lol:

Drunken Savior
01-23-2017, 11:45 PM
Hey Paper, how are your eyeballs doing? :(

Paper exe
01-25-2017, 03:06 AM
Hey Paper, how are your eyeballs doing? :(

It is under control now. It seem like it was the dryness that causes all the issue and lose of sight and pain. I do play and read a lot so no wonder it get dry.

I am using eye drops to counter that, hopefully things will get better.

and thanks for asking DS. How are you doing, how is your hiking and adventuring doing?

Badrats Studio
01-27-2017, 06:08 PM
been a long time now, I remember joining the forums back when I was like 15 years old, and now I am 29!! I know you guys longer than most people in my life! we are getting really old :sweat:

Made this thread to see how things are going, how is everybody, and what are we ended up being in the end.

For me
- I got married and having my first baby boy anytime now.

- at day, I work as a legal researcher in the government

- afterward I work on saving humanity by preserving rare hardy plant species that can live in dead hot regions with only 70mm of rainwater a year, and studying their potential uses for my country sustainability, and just in case an apocalypse ever happens, people would have something to live by.

- Last I visited the magic box was at jun of 2016, I honestly don't have an explanation or know why or remember what happened all that time.....my god, 6 months is a lot! very weird and scary!!

That's it, really. hoping to get updates and insight from everybody else. :crono:

First, congratulations buddy!

It's good to hear from you again. Say Hi too at Magicbox Facebook Chat, okay?

Drunken Savior
01-27-2017, 09:20 PM
It is under control now. It seem like it was the dryness that causes all the issue and lose of sight and pain. I do play and read a lot so no wonder it get dry.

I am using eye drops to counter that, hopefully things will get better.

and thanks for asking DS. How are you doing, how is your hiking and adventuring doing?

SO GLAD to hear your eyes are better! Or at least manageable. And yeah, hopefully they will get better.

Not so much hiking/adventuring for fun of late, but I was working at a gold mine in the Nevada desert and they had me doing a ton of hiking and driving all over a small series of mountains for work. That was kinda fun. Living in the middle of nowhere (as in 40 miles off a major highway and 60 miles from the closest city) with no real internet was not fun.

Paper exe
01-30-2017, 06:27 AM
SO GLAD to hear your eyes are better! Or at least manageable. And yeah, hopefully they will get better.

Not so much hiking/adventuring for fun of late, but I was working at a gold mine in the Nevada desert and they had me doing a ton of hiking and driving all over a small series of mountains for work. That was kinda fun. Living in the middle of nowhere (as in 40 miles off a major highway and 60 miles from the closest city) with no real internet was not fun.

Yeah, now days one can hardly live without internet! Regardless I wish I was with you. sound like fun and extremely interesting seeing places hardly anyone saw and seeing many unique plants and wildlife.

By the way, I am looking hard to find any book regarding flora or wild plants of the Nevada desert and also for it neighbor dead valley. If you ever come cross some please inform me, I ll be more than happy to buy them off you or thru any means. It would be of great great help to me and my sustainable project in Doha.

That would literally help us save the world. :crono:

SuperAngelo64
01-30-2017, 08:08 AM
Very well.

It's been several years since the divorce of that bitch (SoManyCHILDRENS)

I have a retarded amount of expendable income since I broke up with my last GF (November 2015)

Trump won.

Every time I sit down it feels like I'm reclining on a throne.

Havoc2049
02-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Hey everyone! Glad to get updates from everyone here. Crazy that this place is still alive and kicking. Every time I watch an episode of Game Sack, I always thing about The Magicbox.

I still live in Southern California, near San Diego.

I'm still in Federal Law Enforcement and I'm a supervisor now. I still enjoy my job and all the great people I work with.

I'm still married and now have a wonderful four year old daughter.

I'm still into both modern gaming and retro gaming. For modern gaming, I'm still into both Xbox and PC, with a little bit of handheld gaming on the 3DS. I'm mainly into big time sink games here of late, like Destiny and Elite Dangerous, while usually playing one or two single player games at the same time. For retro gaming, I've been focusing the OG Xbox (have a pretty awesome collection now), Atari Jaguar/Jag CD, Atari ST and Atari XL/XE computers, Sega Dreamcast and Sega Genesis/Sega CD.

spider-prime
02-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Just saw Lego Batman with the kids, surprisingly, it was really good.

bujeezus
02-20-2017, 12:29 AM
Wow, I joined up 17 years ago?!? That can't be right! Still workin at the same University job (20 years this July) and still diggin it. Been dating a great girl who's half my age for almost 5 years now. Bout time to marry her. Here lately Destiny an Diablo III keep sucking me back in. I still don't finish hardly anything and continue to buy more games. It's a sickness.