PDA

View Full Version : Switch uses up to 2TB microsd cards and USB external drives.

spider-prime
01-14-2017, 06:44 PM
http://segmentnext.com/2017/01/14/nintendo-switch-storage/

best news I read all day. Other than the region free news.

Now the thing that will make me really happy if the sd cards can easily be swapped out, even if the system is on and can use lots of different ones at any time with different stuff on them.

Hagane
01-14-2017, 08:59 PM
That is indeed good news.

Hopefuly they will drop the hassle of how they handle and restrict the content between account, systems and switching cards.

spider-prime
01-14-2017, 09:23 PM
They also confirmed that you can charge it in portable mode without the docking bay. So, some of us will probably end up buying 2 AC adapters. I know I will and a car adapter.

I'm only excited for the switch, cause I love portable gaming and this is the best of both, home console and handheld consoles. So, I am hoping they don't screw this up like they did the Wii U and Wii.

They almost screwed up the 3DS also, but they made it better over time at least.

I got the Vita TV to play vita games on the TV... but too bad it only works on some games and not all, so no wonder why that bombed. But, I got it for 30 dollars and since it came with a game and PS3 controller, I saw that as getting those 2 things more than I was getting the vita TV. But it was really handy for playing PSP/PS1 games on the TV if you had them on your PSN account and using it for Netflix and youtube for TV at the time, now I don't need that at all. Smart TVs killed that for me haha.

Drunken Savior
01-15-2017, 02:25 AM
Thank god.

Rubeus
01-15-2017, 04:00 AM
It is expected since it's designed to be a portable machine as well as a console, it is just like the 3DS accepting game carts and SD Cards.

Ernst
01-15-2017, 09:16 AM
Ahhh. Good. All is well then.

javi
01-16-2017, 07:30 PM
http://segmentnext.com/2017/01/14/nintendo-switch-storage/

best news I read all day. Other than the region free news.

Now the thing that will make me really happy if the sd cards can easily be swapped out, even if the system is on and can use lots of different ones at any time with different stuff on them.

I agree with you completely. Especially with the end of region lock, which I hate with a passion, and I will never stop ranting about it!