PDA

View Full Version : Nomura: Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III still have a way to go

Rubeus
01-10-2017, 01:15 PM
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/FF7-Remake-Nomura-Comments_01-10-17.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III still have a way to go, says Tetsuya Nomura -- Nomura hopes to showcase some progress at this year's events.

Tetsuya Nomura, the director of Final Fantasy VII Remake for PlayStation 4 and Kingdom Hearts III for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, provided a development update via an interview in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

Get the information below.

This year is the 15th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, and the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy, so what can we expect?

“First, we’re releasing Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue in January, then exhibiting a Final Fantasy VII snow sculpture at the Sapporo Snow Festival in February, releasing Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix in March, and starting the Kingdom HEarts orchestra world tour. We may be able to do something for the D23 Disney event. We’re also preparing for the start of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ Season 2.”

Will you release a complete package including Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue?

“Because the timing is delicate, we won’t be releasing anything like a complete pack this time, but we’re preparing a box that can hold both games, as is often the case with DVDs. Perhaps we can offer it as an e-Store bonus.”

What’s the state of Kingdom Hearts III‘s development?

“While I can’t make a sweeping statement because the development process is different from what we’ve done so far, there are still worlds untouched. Production is progressing on unannounced worlds, in a state that we cannot show them off. In terms of the state of development, there is still some way to go.”

What’s the state of Final Fantasy VII Remake‘s development?

“We’re steadily progressing on production. While we are making them, I apologize that the wait will be be a bit longer for Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake. I am very sorry, but to that degree I will make a game that will meet your expectations.

“Last year, I didn’t put out much information on either title, but this year I want to show our progress at an event somewhere. The release of the titles themselves have still have a way to go. But there are many titles releasing this year, if you can wait for any ‘surprises.'”

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/final-fantasy-vii-remake-kingdom-hearts-iii-still-way-go-says-tetsuya-nomura

Nem
01-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Oh boy! Here we go again...

Drunken Savior
01-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Wait, Nomura is in charge? I guess I've been out of the loop, but I thought he was primarily an artist for Square...

Nem
01-10-2017, 06:49 PM
He was and is. But he directed Kingdom hearts. That's his baby.

With all the big names leaving he got promoted. Its not like they have Sakaguchi to direct the remake.

What's scary is that he is working on two games at once.

Drunken Savior
01-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Yikes....I guess my grandkids will enjoy the FFVII remake then. And maybe their grandkids can finish the final episode of it.

Rubeus
01-10-2017, 11:44 PM
How does a game artist direct a game? It seems like he has only worked on Kingdom Hearts and FF series, that is concerning.

Drunken Savior
01-10-2017, 11:48 PM
I'm guessing if a lot of people have left Square, he might have seniority or something. Japanese business culture is known for heavily favoring seniority.

Ernst
01-10-2017, 11:50 PM
After the hollow and vapid disappointment that was FFXV, I have lost faith in Nomura and by extension, FFVII. I don't understand why they keep appointing him to these lead roles after he messes up agin and again. He does Kingdom Hearts well, but he has proven he doesn't get FF.

Escaflowne2001
01-11-2017, 03:34 AM
Kingdom Hearts 3 is so going to miss 2017.

Rubeus
01-12-2017, 01:57 AM
I remember Tetsuya Nomura is not the director of FFXV, I think the whole project was transferred to Hajime Tabata so that he can focus on Kingdom Hearts 3. Although I still think Nomura may not have what it takes to be a good director.

Nem
01-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Yup. Nomura isn't responsible for holding down circle awesome combat your cat can play.

I think he had different ideas closer to KH's from that versus gameplay footage. Versus was gonna be better than XV... but open world craze yay! I'm getting so sick of open worlds... they really aren't that great. Theres some good ones, but most are just repetitive and boring.

Ernst
01-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Ahhhhhh. I see. I thought Nomura took over, but in fact he was replaced? I agree. Versus looked great. The tone seemed darker.

superRSXs
01-15-2017, 07:43 AM
Nomura will continue to "direct" until 2023, when someone else will take over.
Final Fantasy VII Remake will just conveniently be renamed to Final Fantasy XVI with all the characters having different names in some parallel world bullshit.

Nem
01-15-2017, 01:28 PM
We joke about this, but there were reasons why versus didnt came to be. It's related to the failures of FFXIII and FFXIV wich sapped resources for it's sequals leaving versus without staff. Later came the generational change and the project was rebooted and Nomura placed into KH3 wich needs doing.

Not saying Nomura is efficient, but there were circunstances against him that i hope don't come to pass again and he can actually finish this stuff.